The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Amanda Holden's inside scoop on the royal family and who is The Designer.

There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude
Very pretty!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Majesty

I love the third one from the bottom. Very pretty.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I love #3, the Leaf gown. It was posted waaaay, waaaay back in this thread and everyone, except me, thought it was too matronly.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I love #3, the Leaf gown. It was posted waaaay, waaaay back in this thread and everyone, except me, thought it was too matronly.
I don't think it's too matronly. Too me it has a slight 1950's feel. Princess Margaret and Viscountess Linley's wedding dresses had a similar look to the neckline and sleeves. If they want to talk matronly what about all those wedding dresses from the 1960's that didn't have any shape and hung straight down?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness

Why would he know?
Royal Wedding: Kate Middleton's wedding dress designer almost revealed | Mail Online
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I remember that one vividly as I also loved it. I think I compared it at the time with the cathedral wedding dress worn by Maria in The Sound of Music. Rather than matronly, I think it looks simply regal.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Gentry

I agree with you KristineML, Princess Margaret's wedding dress is my favorite of all the British Royal brides since her sister. On a side note, and I don't wish for it to be a downer, but while I think that the Countess of Wessex is a beautiful woman, her wedding dress was so ill-fitting that I think it has to be my least favorite.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Me, too. I'd love to see something with variegated (silver, gold) embroidery. I loved Camilla's dress for that very reason--I thought it looked great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara04 View Post
On a side note, and I don't wish for it to be a downer, but while I think that the Countess of Wessex is a beautiful woman, her wedding dress was so ill-fitting that I think it has to be my least favorite.
Yes, no shape whatsoever and no detailing to make it memorable.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

I like the leaf dress too - it would be very different from what other recent royal brides have worn. Of course, it would have to be reworked in a different, more stunning fabric and all, but I think she'd look back on it years from now and think it was classic.

If Diana were still alive, we'd be speculating about her mother of the groom dress as well, and her influence on Kate's style - it's very sad that there's this big hole there.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
If Diana were still alive, we'd be speculating about her mother of the groom dress as well, and her influence on Kate's style - it's very sad that there's this big hole there.

I've been waiting for this "musing"!
IMO the only thing we can be sure of is that Diana would have made sure she upstaged everyone bar the Bride!!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Royal Highness

Canadian newspapers are speculating that Catherine may not be wearing a tiara.Just read something on the way home from work,..
Old 04-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Royal Highness

Based on reports that Catherine designed her dressed based on something from the Renaissance that she saw in her Art History class, I'm going to guess she goes for a very Buttercup-in-The-Ptincess-Bride look.
Photos from The Princess Bride
Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Then you are one of the few who think that way, most of us want to see her with an at least decent train .
I certainly agree..unless she is marrying in a much smaller venue, a Royal bride should have a very long train to be able to "fill up" the space in a cavernous cathedral/abbey.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I listen on tv today thatshe will have 3 different dresses, one for the church and one for each of the receptiosn, hope we can see al of them!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not me...I think it is absolutely stunning!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Olivier Theyskens almost reveals Kate Middleton's wedding dress designer
Read here

Olivier Theyskens is known of making some of the most beautiful gowns, he use to design for Rochas but left the house. I must say if he was a choice (but I doubt that Kate would go foreign) it would've been a lovely dress.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
My comment was based on reports that the particular carpet used in the Abbey with it's deep blue pile, and gold embroidered fleur de lis had given trouble previously. If you look at film of PA's trip up and down the aisle you will notice she was very tentative,(especially at the door from Edward the Confessor's Chapel, when she turned to Princess Anne for help-and again walking around the tomb of the Unknown Soldier.) and was reassured at the abbey door by Angus Ogilvy that she had managed quite well. Unusual for a newly royal inducted husband to reassure his princess that she had done well, when it is she who has been doing it all her life-except perhaps if she thought that she might be about to lose her veil, and had whispered something to him. The red carpet they will use, might (a) have a very short pile; and (b) be synthetic, or a wool mix, or silk cashmere, or from the underside of angels wings for all I know.
A further indicator re the troublesome carpet in the Abbey is the fact that the then Princess Elizabeth's heavily embroidered tulle train(lace?) was carried by her pages across the carpet, Perhaps rehearsals had indicated that it might otherwise drag.
You see, it is not really such a silly idea.
I saw the report (in the NZ Herald I think) about a red carpet being used in the Abbey and was taken by surprise because a blue carpet has always been used for the royal weddings there. If a red carpet is used, it will certainly be a nice surprise.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Then you are one of the few who think that way, most of us want to see her with an at least decent train .
Definitely. A short train (or none at all) would be OK for a tiny church or chapel or a register office but not for a big building like Westminster Abbey.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding