Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think shoulders and arms will be fully covered too:)

Frankly, I'm not sure about anything any more. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
If she's entering the Goring then she's most likely the designer.

If she is the designer I certainly hope Kate's dress doesn't look like those on the fashion runway. They look like ostriches.

If that's Sarah, good eye on figuring it out! Can't wait to see the dress!

Yup, the Telegraph is usually a respectable and reliable source. The mystery woman is certainly wearing Sarah Burton's pumps and jeans and has her smile. To be honest if that's not Sarah Burton I'll eat my hat and the large hood she's wearing too!!

Wedding Dress

That is a beautiful dress.:flowers: Why does it remind me of the dress Leslie Caron wore in Gigi? But I think Kate will wear a bolero or something.

I also love that dress, Zonk. It also reminds me of the dress in Gigi!

It has been suggested that Catherine may wear a dress that's 'edgy', but I hope that it's modest. I am sure that she won't wear a strapless one. I hate strapless wedding dresses!

I also love that dress, Zonk. It also reminds me of the dress in Gigi!

It has been suggested that Catherine may wear a dress that's 'edgy', but I hope that it's modest. I am sure that she won't wear a strapless one. I hate strapless wedding dresses!

'Edgy' sounds bad in this situation... I hate strapless wedding dresses too! I want sleeves - and a tiara.

Let's be honest; no matter what she wears, someone is not going to like it.

Let's be honest; no matter what she wears, someone is not going to like it.

That may be so. The chances are good that I will not like it. I rarely like the dresses that Kate chooses. On the other hand, no matter what she wears, she will look elegant and in excellent taste as she always does.

rawsilk

If Sarah Burton is the disigner for Kate's dress and Nicki MacFaelane is said to be doing the bridesmaid dressess... I would like to point out that on March 9th I suggested that there were two disigners and was told that would not happen... not that it is a be deal. I just wish I had made a friendly bet (not money) with the poster...lol

Last edited:
I was just reading that Alexander McQueen is the designer of her dress. Anyone has more news on that? Hope is not a stupid rumor again...so we all get tricked :D

Alexander McQueen committed suicide last year, so he personally isn't designing the dress. However there is very strong suspicion that Sarah Burton, who has taken over the House of McQueen, has designed it.

That looks like Sarah Burton to me and my excitment levels just shot through the roof. Gah, I so hope we see Catherine walking down the aisle in an Alexander McQueen piece. It would just be so wonderful!

I hope it's Sarah Burton too. I mean, a royal bride wearing couture? Hallelujah.

If Sarah Burton is the disigner for Kate's dress and Nicki MacFaelane is said to be doing the bridesmaid dressess... I would like to point out that on March 9th I suggested that there were two disigners and was told that would not happen... not that it is a be deal. I just wish I had made a friendly bet (not money) with the poster...lol

I said so as well. Alexander McQ was one of my top picks along with Stella McCartney and John Galiano...before he disgraced himself. :whistling:
There was also something about the way she (S.B.) denied it.

Last edited:
Island Princess said:
Were the Emmauels not regarded as couture then?

Or Valentino on Maxima?

There is a white covered tunnel from the Goring Hotel, so no one see;s her dress until The Abby..darn,disappointed.not even a sneak peak..

LadyCatharine said:
There is a white covered tunnel from the Goring Hotel, so no one see;s her dress until The Abby..darn,disappointed.not even a sneak peak..

We'll see some of it in the car-

I said so as well. Alexander McQ was one of my top picks along with Stella McCartney and John Galiano...before he disgraced himself. :whistling:
There was also something about the way she (S.B.) denied it.

It very well may be that Sarah Burton could have denied designing the dress and didn't lie. What if... KATE actually designed the gown and its Sarah Burton putting the design into reality? Sarah definitely wouldn't have lied then. Hehe... thought it was worth a shot. :D

Last edited:
Were the Emmauels not regarded as couture then?

I never considered them couture. I also didn't say that Valentino wasn't couture, because he is. Just because I said I'd like to it, doesn't mean I think it's never happened.

Sister Morphine said:
I never considered them couture. I also didn't say that Valentino wasn't couture, because he is. Just because I said I'd like to it, doesn't mean I think it's never happened.

I apologize- the way I read it I thought that's what u were implying :) .....Sorry!

Oh it's fine. I can see how you'd take what I said in that manner.

Day 2billion will watch a middle-class girl become a princess | Mail Online

After eight long and sometimes lonely years of waiting, Kate Middleton will today marry Prince William.

At 11am, the middle-class graduate – who, so legend has it, used to lie in her dormitory bed gazing at a picture of her husband-to-be – will enter Westminster Abbey as a commoner and an hour later walk out as the future Queen Catherine.

I hope it's Sarah Burton too. I mean, a royal bride wearing couture? Hallelujah.

Amem, Sistah :)P)! here I go again agreeing with you !!!

Also it would be nice because I do remember "somes" saying Kate would never wear something like that!
Well, what about now??

(I'm soooo excited!!!! I won't be able to sleep! anyone will stay on??)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom