The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
I have the book "A Gown for Diana" written by the Emanuels about the entire process. Diana's gown belongs to the time she lived in and at that time, it was something to behold. I still love it and always will.
I feel the same. Love it or hate it (and I love it) you see that dress and it transports you back to a time when we all believed fairy tales could come true. That was a Princess dress if there ever was one.

That said, Kate will wear something much more elegant and understated. It's just who she is.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Commoner

Whatever Catherine wears, she will be beautiful, and Prince William will surely be charmed. I was interested to see she will be wearing her hair down. My only hope is that she does not lose even one ounce...her last pix showed a bit of a gaunt face. She actually looked older.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Jacinta View Post
I was interested to see she will be wearing her hair down.
I'll believe it when I see it on the 29th!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I'll believe it when I see it on the 29th!
Same here, a lot can be said and written down. But I am awaiting the 29th and then we will know it all.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:17 PM

is it true bruce oldfield is designing her dress ? why ?????
Old 04-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawood View Post
is it true bruce oldfield is designing her dress ? why ?????
Nobody knows for sure, and it can just be a trick to throw the press off the right track. Just like the inclusion of Sarah Burton and Jasper Conran, whose names are also floating in the dress designer pond.
Up to now, the designer of the dress has been kept under wraps and I think that is an admirable result - considering we live in such a media-dominated age.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I feel the same. Love it or hate it (and I love it) you see that dress and it transports you back to a time when we all believed fairy tales could come true. That was a Princess dress if there ever was one.

That said, Kate will wear something much more elegant and understated. It's just who she is.

I feel the same way, when I see Diane's wedding dress.

I think Catherine will be a beautiful elegant bride. I can,t wait to see her in her wedding dress.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Commoner

can we see dress before wedding??
Old 04-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely NOT !!!

It's the best-kept secret in London .... England..... Scotland ......everywhere....
Old 04-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMehmet View Post
can we see dress before wedding??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Absolutely NOT !!!

It's the best-kept secret in London .... England..... Scotland ......everywhere....
No, we cannot - and I am very happy with it. It's the best-kept secret of the United Kingdom - and outside for any area concerning the wedding.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Actually I am also very excited about finding out the dress the day of the wedding. Its like finding out the name of the Danish Royals on christening day!

Old 04-16-2011, 05:21 PM

This is Kate Middleton's wedding, not Diana Spencer's over again! This is a simple Royal wedding of the heir of the heir, not a state occasion. Ms. Middleton won't "reference' past ceremonies, she has picked her designer to her style. She will wear a veil and have a train. The dress will suit her taste and style and look good in the church. It will fit the occasion. Kate will not become Princess William by marriage, but the Duchess of whatever royal dukedom HM The Queen grants upon William the morning of his wedding. The country will applaud, will love it.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefton View Post
This is Kate Middleton's wedding, not Diana Spencer's over again! This is a simple Royal wedding of the heir of the heir, not a state occasion. Ms. Middleton won't "reference' past ceremonies, she has picked her designer to her style. She will wear a veil and have a train. The dress will suit her taste and style and look good in the church. It will fit the occasion. Kate will not become Princess William by marriage, but the Duchess of whatever royal dukedom HM The Queen grants upon William the morning of his wedding. The country will applaud, will love it.
Uuh, and you know this how???
Old 04-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Commoner

I am hoping that Catherine wears something very fitted and elegant, she certainly has the figure for that, lots of beading on the bodice and a cap sleeve or even some lace. I think though it will need some type of train so it is not overpowered by the grandeur of the Abbey (not as long as Diana's though that was ridiculous)

I have always liked what Fergie did with her veil - the simple flowers in her hair and then the tiara after she was married - very symbolic and appropriate.

I don't know all of the royal tiaras but I do like the "lovers knot" I think Diana wore it, or the one the Queen wore at her wedding (although I don't suppose she would wear that one)

Attendants dress colour - opinions?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Nobility

Yvonne York Claims to Know the Name of the Designer

She claims to know that it is Sophie Cranston of Libelula. She writes for the Huffington Post. If true, it is quite a surprise... But we won't know for sure until April 29.

Here is the article:

Yvonne Yorke: Exclusive: Sophie Cranston Chosen as Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress Designer
Old 04-17-2011, 01:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I highly doubt Oldfield will design her dress.He is talking about publicly and he would not talk about if it was.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Would it be wrong for kate to be wearing a non british designer?Charlene is getting a dress from armani and it does not seem a problem.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
She claims to know that it is Sophie Cranston of Libelula. She writes for the Huffington Post. If true, it is quite a surprise... But we won't know for sure until April 29.

Here is the article:

Yvonne Yorke: Exclusive: Sophie Cranston Chosen as Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress Designer
Looking at her site & the wedding dresses, they don't look very promising. I would love to see Kate in an Alexander McQueen dress but then there are some other promising British designers who I don't recall their names. I would also be surprised if she was actually doing the dress & how that was leaked.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh good grief! Her wedding dresses look more like fussy negligee's. Please, please, please let it be wrongg!!!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefton View Post
You make it sound like you are very tired about this and wish we would stop talking about it. I don't say you are tired, just that it comes across that way.

And yes, this is an heir to the heir wedding but absolutely not a simple one. Getting married in Westminster Abbey, having a bank holiday declared and pomp and circumstance involved - even though reduced - does not equal "simple" to me.
And yes, Catherine will become Princess William by marriage, apart from any Duke/Earl title he might receive.
We all assume/hope that she will wear a veil and a train, but won't know for sure until the 29th;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Uuh, and you know this how???
Agreed, it comes across written as fact while we don't know anything of the sort yet.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding