The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate Middleton to have three wedding dresses? - Telegraph

Kate Middleton to have three wedding dresses?

The Royal bride has reportedly commissioned three dresses for the big day, with two as 'back-ups' in case her chosen gown gets leaked - and Jasper Conran is the latest designer in the frame.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Kate Middleton to have three wedding dresses? - Telegraph

Kate Middleton to have three wedding dresses?

The Royal bride has reportedly commissioned three dresses for the big day, with two as 'back-ups' in case her chosen gown gets leaked - and Jasper Conran is the latest designer in the frame.
Three? Is that all? She'll be stuffed if all three were leaked!!! Seriously though, I doubt sensible Kate would have three designed - better off having it made inside palace walls with a guard and stout lock on the door to prevent a suspicious looking cleaner constantly dusting the keyhole!

Old 04-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Three? Is that all? She'll be stuffed if all three were leaked!!! Seriously though, I doubt sensible Kate would have three designed - better off having it made inside palace walls with a guard and stout lock on the door to prevent a suspicious looking cleaner constantly dusting the keyhole!
And also, How would the other designers feel if their dresses didn't make the cut. ouch. Interesting that British Vogue didn't use a McQueen at that photo shoot......
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Commoner

It's a shame she has to have "back-up" dresses at all. I wish people would just respect their privacy enough to at least not leak out a wedding dress photo!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris77 View Post
It's a shame she has to have "back-up" dresses at all. I wish people would just respect their privacy enough to at least not leak out a wedding dress photo!

Chris your right.I am excited to see the dress Catherine picks,but also I think its fun to wait and see the dress on Catherine's wedding day.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris77
Well it maynot be due to respect but so far nothing has leaked and we are about 2 and a half weeks away!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
And also, How would the other designers feel if their dresses didn't make the cut. ouch. Interesting that British Vogue didn't use a McQueen at that photo shoot......
Absolutely. Personally, I think there is one dress and one designer and that the whole process has been set up from beginning to end to ensure no leaks are possible. To start off with the less people involved in the design and making of the thing the better. Is it possible that their could just be the designer and one seamstress involved or would more be needed?
Old 04-13-2011, 03:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Mette Marits dress is not designes by V&R,it its designed by Ove Harder.What are you talking about?Are you talking about Princess Mabel?
Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Courtier

will we see all three of her dresses?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Courtier

Kate Middleton orders 3 royal wedding dresses and Jasper Conran may be designer | Mail Online
Old 04-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
will we see all three of her dresses?
I believe that for the last reception she'll change dresses, so if we catch that arrival we'll see 2 of those. Maybe she order 2 options for the wedding gown, just in case of a leak.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...eply&p=1231286

Meanwhile, it has been reported that seamstresses at McQueen's head office have been arriving unusually early.

If she's doing the 3 different designers thing this proves why. There are people out there "watching". Whoever breaks the news will get the scoop of the year.
As much as I want to see the dress I also don't want to see it till April 29th.
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Well it maynot be due to respect but so far nothing has leaked and we are about 2 and a half weeks away!!!!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll stay that way!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Courtier

I'm keeping my fingers crossed too, her dress should remain a secret (and hopefully pleasant surprise) until April 29th.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Mette Marits dress is not designes by V&R,it its designed by Ove Harder.What are you talking about?Are you talking about Princess Mabel?
Oh crap, yes I was.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Coincidentally, CP Mette-Marit and Princess Mabel's dresses are my two ugliest (or least pretty, whichever phrase is appropriate) wedding dresses to date.
MM's was much too simple and Mabel's doesn't need explanation imo.

I am curious to see what Catherine will be wearing but I am not keeping my hopes up. I have a pretty awaiting attitude.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate doesn't have great style so I'm not putting money on her wearing something really beautiful. But I'm hoping she goes all out for this one day. I'm hoping she'll surprise me.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Coincidentally, CP Mette-Marit and Princess Mabel's dresses are my two ugliest (or least pretty, whichever phrase is appropriate) wedding dresses to date.
MM's was much too simple and Mabel's doesn't need explanation imo.

I am curious to see what Catherine will be wearing but I am not keeping my hopes up. I have a pretty awaiting attitude.
Yes, MM's dress was too simple for me, but I think it suited her perfectly.
I think Kate's dress will be simple as well, based on her current fashion, but hopefully not as simple as MM. I definately don't see her in a full ballgown type of dress, or anything with too much design or decoration. She'll play it safe, like she has been all along.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

The only dress, between the CP that I really liked was Maxima's. all the other, along with the hair weren't my cup of tea.

I'm still hoping for some lace. Feminine and ageless, IMO.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Kate doesn't have great style so I'm not putting money on her wearing something really beautiful. But I'm hoping she goes all out for this one day. I'm hoping she'll surprise me.
Everyone differs in opinion but I really like her style though I am hoping for a few more daring pieces when she officially becomes a princess. That being said I am always disappointed....well not always, but usually...generally....whatever disappointed with the choice of royal wedding dresses as of late (by late I mean last 10 or so years). I love detailing and embroidery and some don't even have that which is a little discouraging, but we'll see. Hopefully, I will be more than pleasantly surprising.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Nobility

IMHO, Less is more, that's her and she's not a phony..

It is what it is..

Why should she do all frills , lace and glitz if that's not her?

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding