Royal Births Announcements 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
Welcome to the thread for Royal births in 2014. Please feel free to contribute to this thread.

Please follow the forum rules when posting.

Earlier Royal Birth threads: 2011, 2012 & 2013

More information about the Royal Genealogy threads can be found HERE.

The original posts will be updated with news as soon as the information is made public.

The Queen's granddaughter Zara Tindal gave birth to her first child, a baby girl on Jan 17th, 2014 . The new arrival who is 16th in line to the British throne is the third granddaughter of the princess Royal & also the Queen & prince Philip's forth great-grandchild. Mrs Zara & former rugby player Mr. Mike Tindal were married in 2011.

Last edited:
Zara and Mike Tindall's daughter was named Mia Grace Tindall.:flowers:

Princess Cecilia of Salm-Salm (b.4 December 1989) [youngest of six children of Prince Michael of Salm-Salm (b.1953) & his wife Philippa, ne Countess of Castell-Castell (b.1952)] & her husband Ludwig Benecke had their first child, Melchior, last year.

Source: Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau

Sheikha Manal bint Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum (b.12 November 1977) [oldest child of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum (b.1949) Emir of Dubai, by a Lebanese lady] & her husband, Sheikh Mansur bin Zayed al-Nahyan (b.20 November 1970) [son of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahyan (1918-2004), Emir of Abu-Dhabi and first President of the UAE & his fifth wife, Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak al-Ketbi] had their fourth child together, his fifth, Latifa, on 23 January.

A sister for Fatima (9-6-2006), Mohammed (4-12-2007) & Hamdan (21-6-2011); a half-sister for Zayed (DOB unknown) - son of her father & his first wife Alia bint Mohammed bin Butti al-Hamed.

Source: little one's parents' thread.

HH Duchess Tatjana of Oldenburg (1974), daughter of Duke Johann of Oldenburg (19400 and Ilka zu Ortenburg (1942), sister of HIRH AD Eilika of Austria (1972), and her husband Count Axel de Chavagnac (1967) had a second daughter, Astrid in Paris on 31 January 2014; a sister for Alexandrine, who was born in September 2011.

Royal Musings: More babies!!!

Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad al-Thani (b.1984) [son of Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, Emir of Qatar (b.1952) & his second wife, Sheikha Moza bint Nasser al-Misned (b.1959)] & his wife, Sheikha Al-Maha bint Salem al-Rumual al-Mannaee had their third son, Khalid, on 3 March.

A brother for Hamad (b.2009) & Tamim (b.2010).

Source: Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani's Children and Families threas (Thanks, CatoVert!)

Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum (b.16 June 1989) [daughter of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, Emir of Dubai (b.1949) & his senior wife, Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma al-Maktoum (b.1962)] & her husband, Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad bin Mohammed al-Sharqi, Crown Prince of Fujairah (b.1986) [son of Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed al-Sharqi, Emir of Fujairah (b.1948) & his wife Sheikha Fatima bint Thani al-Maktoum] had their third child, Fatima, reportedly on 9 March.

A sister for Hamad (29-12-2009) & Aisha (2-11-2011).

Source: Instagram (Thanks, Dark Moon!).

Princess Ida Letizia of Schwarzenberg (b.9 October 1980) [youngest of five children of Prince Erkinger of Schwarzenberg (b.1933) & younger daughter by his current wife, Countess Claudia of Horn zu Brandis (b.1949)] & her husband Baudoin de Troostembergh (b.30 August 1980) became parents of a daughter, Sofia, on 2 May.

Source: http://www.carnetmondain.be/

Sheikh Isa bin Salman Al Khaifal of Bahrain, the eldest son of crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, & his wife Sheikha Jawaher blessed with a baby boy named Sheikh Hamad bin Isa. The baby is the couple's first child & was born on May 28th, 2014.
Source:
الأيام البØ*رينية:Ø*مد.. المولود الأول للشيخ عيسى بن سلمان
Sheikh Isa & Sheikha Jawaher were married on May 2013

Last edited:
Miracle birth for Windsors

The miracle royal baby has arrived. Lord Nicholas Windsor’s wife, Lady Paola, who will be 45 in August, has given birth to a third son, a brother for Albert, six, and four-year-old Leopold.

When I broke the news of her pregnancy last month, one of their Catholic friends told me: ‘It’s a miracle Paola is having a child at her age so soon after the ceremony of the four Popes.’ This was a reference to the sainthood bestowed on Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II in the presence of Pope Francis and his predecessor Pope Benedict.

Lord Nicholas, 43, and his sons are not in line to the throne because they are Catholics. He converted in 2001, like his mother the Duchess of Kent before him.

He wed Paola Doimi de Lupis de Frankopan, who is half-Swedish and half-Croatian, in 2006, becoming the first member of the Royal Family to marry in the Vatican.

Read more: SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Cheer up, Cressy, it's a drama not a crisis | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert, Leopold, and this new baby are actually all in the line of succession and will remain so until their confirmations. Similarly, their cousin Lady Amelia Windsor is in the line of succession, while her elder siblings, Lord Downpatrick and Lady Marina are not.

Another grandchild for Prince Johannes of Lobkowicz (b.1954) & his wife Johanna, nee Countess of Castell-Castell (b.1952)!

Their second son, Prince Maximilian (b.4 January 1982) & his wife Aline-Cecile, nee von Hennings (b.12 August 1984) had their second child, Melchior, this year.

A brother for Josephine (b.31 August 2011).

Also twin sister of Princess Johanna of Lobkowicz, Princess Philippa of Salm-Salm & her husband, Prince Michael of Salm-Salm (b.1953) became grandparents again!

Their second daughter, Princess Maria-Anna (b.22 February 1986) & her husband, Count Dominik von Neipperg (b.27 July 1981) [son of Archduchess Andrea of Austria (b.1953) & her husband, Count Eugen von Neipperg (b.1951)] had their first child this year.

Princess Felipa of Bavaria (b.1 February 1981) [daughter of Prince Leopold of Bavaria (b.1943) & his wife Ursula, nee Mohlenkamp (b.1947)] & her husband Christian Dienst (b.26 December 1978) had their second son, Ferdinand, sometime this year.

A brother for August (15-4-2013).

Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria

Last edited:
Princess Christina Magnusson has become a grandmother to a little girl a few days ago... her son Gustaf and his wife Vicky are the parents Svensk damtidning is the source. I don´t remember the date when she was born. Now I´m home and have the magazine in front of me...the date is the eleventh of July the name is still unknown

Last edited:
Crown Prince of Tonga Siaosi Manumataongo Alaivahamama'o Aho'eitu Konstantin Tuku'aho (b.17 September 1985) [son of King Tupou VI of Tonga (b.1959) & his wife, Queen Nanasipau'u Tuku'aho (b.1954)] & his wife,Crown Princess Sinaitakala, nee Tuimatamoana Fakafanua (b. in 1987) [daughter of Princess Sinaitakala Ofeinae-he Lang Tuku'aho (b.1953) & her late husband, Hon. Dr. Kinikinilau Tuto'atasi Fakafanua, 7th Lord Fakafanua (1962-2006)] had their second child, a daughter named Halaevalu Mata'aho (after her great-grandmother) in Auckland, Zew Zealand, in Auckland, New Zealand, on 12 July.
Her name is still unknown.

A sister for Taufa'ahau Manumata'ongo Tuku'aho (10-5-2013).

Source: Naissance princière au Tonga

Last edited:
Royal House of France

HRH Princess Louise-Marguerite of France was born on July 30th to the Duke and Duchess of Vendome, Prince Jean and his wife, Philomena (nee Tornos y Steinhart).

A sister for Prince Gaston (2009) and Princess Antoinette (2012).

Prince Jean de France - Naissance de la princesse Louise-Marguerite

v Antoinette, Gaston & Louise-Marguerite
thumbnail image from the Duc de Vendôme's press release

Attachments

• Gaston, Antoinette & Louise-Marguerite.jpg
    Gaston, Antoinette & Louise-Marguerite.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 9,937
:previous: Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Vendome! :flowers: The little Princess has a lovely name combination, I particularly like Marguerite. I predicted that she would have a hyphenated name in the Baby Names thread, and also that Marie would be one of her names.

I'm not trying to be picky, but I was just wondering what you meant by "are expecting their child later this year", do you mean "were expecting their child later this year", or something else?

No news on name of prs Cristina's grandaughter yet?

Not yet. I remember reading in another thread here that Princess Christina's children are private people, so the names of new arrivals are not officially announced. :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous:
You're not being picky. The original was very ambiguous/confusing so I've edited the post for clarity, and added a thumbnail image.

:previous:
You're not being picky. The original was very ambiguous/confusing so I've edited the post for clarity, and added a thumbnail image.

Thanks Warren. :flowers: Princess Louise-Marguerite is cute from what I can see, and I love how her siblings seem to be so interested in her. The "they can't wait to include her in their games" quote was adorable.

Princess Christina of Salm-Salm (b.9 June 1978) [oldest of six children of Prince Michael of Salm-Salm (b.1953) & his wife Philippa, ne Countess of Castell-Castell (b.1952)] & her husband, Count Raphael von und zu Hoensbroech (b.21 April 1977) had their fifth child, Helena, this year.

A sister for Gabriel (b.2004), Florentin (b.2005), Jacobus (b.2007) & Balthasar (b.2009).

Last edited:
Princess Christina of Salm-Salm (b.9 June 1978) [oldest of six children of Prince Michael of Salm-Salm (b.1953) & his wife Philippa, ne Countess of Castell-Castell (b.1952)] & her husband, Count Raphael von und zu Hoensbroech (b.21 April 1977) had their fifth child, Helene, last year.

A sister for Gabriel (b.2004), Florentin (b.2005), Jacobus (b.2007) & Balthasar (b.2009).

The baby is called Helena and was born in 2014
Source: Ivana on Nobiliana BAG 2014 (the first source!):flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom