Royal Births Announcements 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, Crown Prince of Qatar (b.3 June 1980) [son of Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, Emir of Qatar (b.1952) & his second wife, Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser al-Misned (b.1959)] & his second wife, Sheikha Al-Anoud bint Mana al-Hajri (b.1990) [daughter of H. E. Mana bin Abdul Hadi al-Hajri, sometime Qatari Ambassador to Jordan] had their second child together, his fifth, Abdullah, on 29 September.

A brother for Nahla (b.2010) and half-brother for Al-Mayassa (b.2006), Hamad (b.2008) & Aisha (b.2010) - children of Sheikh Tamim & his first wife, Sheikha Jawaher bint Hamad al-Thani.

Source: www.nettyroyal.nl Genealogical News 2012

Last edited:
Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia (b.16 August 1979) [son of Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia (b.1939) & his second wife Ehrengard von Reden (b.1943)] & his wife Anna Catharina, nee Baroness von Salza und Lichtenau (b.17 August 1981) had their first child, Friedrich Wilhelm, this year.

Sources: www.nettyroyal.nl Genealogical News 2012
Paul Theroff's site - an Online Gotha - Prussia
Hein's Royal Genealogy Page - Descendants of German Emperor Wilhelm I

For Ehrengard von Reden it is a debut as a grandmother, whereas her former husband has already six grandchildren, by Philip (b.1968), his only son from first marriage.

Not only the Duke of Parma became a father this year, but also his second cousin!

Prince Tristan of Bourbon Parma (b.30 June 1974) [son of Prince Remy of Bourbon Parma (b.1942) & his first wife Laurence, nee Dufresne (b.1951)] & his wife Shira, nee Shabo (b.31 January 1979) had their first child, Talma Laurence Sarah Eleonora Maria, in London on 21 November.
Sources: Descendants of Duke Carlo III of Parma
www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/news 2012 Section I

For baby's paternal grandparents she is second grandchild and first granddaughter; their daughter Aude (b.1977) already has a son Milo (b.2009) by her partner Olivier Lasson.

Last edited:
Not only the Duke of Parma became a father this year, but also his second cousin!

Prince Tristan of Bourbon Parma (b.30 June 1974) [son of Prince Remy of Bourbon Parma (b.1942) & his first wife Laurence, nee Dufresne (b.1951)] & his wife Shira, nee Shabo (b.31 January 1979) had their first child, Talma, sometime this year.

Source: Descendants of Duke Carlo III of Parma

For baby's paternal grandparents she is second grandchild and first granddaughter; their daughter Aude (b.1977) already has a son Milo (b.2009) by her partner Olivier Lasson.

She was born 21 november 2012.:)

Prince Antonius of Furstenberg (b.14 June 1985) [younger son of Heinrich, Prince of Furstenberg (b.1950) & his wife Maximiliane, nee Princess of Windisch Graetz (b.1952)] & his wife Mathilde, nee Borromeo (b.8 August 1983) [the youngest of three daughters of Don Carlo Ferdinando Borromeo (b.1935) & his wife MArion, nee Zota (b.1945)] had their second son on 23 November.
His name is still unknown.

A brother for Karl Egon (22-9-2011)

Source: Frstenberg

:previous:
His name is Alexander (Nobiliana).:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Ludwig of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn (b.25 October 1982) [son of Alexander Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn (b.1943) and his wife Gabriela, nee Countess of Schönborn-Wiesentheid (b.1950)] and his wife Philippa, nee Countess Spannocchi (b.20 August 1982) [daughter of Count Hieronymus Spannocchi (b.1946) and his wife Verena, nee Countess of Schönborn-Buchheim (b.1952)] had their first child, Vinzenz Alexander, at Salzburg on 20 November.

Source: http://www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/gotha/sayn.html

Last edited:
Victor Magnusson (b.10 September 1980) [youngest of three sons of Princess Christina of Sweden (b.1943) & her husband Tord Magnusson (b.1941)] & his longtime girlfriend Frida Bergstrom had their first child, a son, on 11 December.
The name is still unknown.

Source: Google Translate (Thanks principessa!)

HRH Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta (born 1967, son of Amedeo, 5th Duke of Aosta and his first wife Princess Claude of France) and HRH Princess Olga (born 1971, daughter of Prince Michael of Greece and Marina Karella) have a third child, a daughter, born yesterday, December 14, at 9.00 a.m. in Paris:

U.M.I. - UNA NUOVA PRINCIPESSA IN CASA SAVOIA

The birth took place in Paris because Princess Olga could stay with her parents a little bit more.
The parents still have to decide the name of the little Princess.
The Royal Family decided to be very discreet and all those who had known the future birth respected the wish of the Royal Family.

Lady Rose Windsor (b.1 March 1980) [youngest daughter of Richard, Duke of Gloucester (b.1944) & his wife Birgitte, nee van Deurs (b.1946)] & her husband George Gilman (b.1982) had their second child sometime this year.
Sex and name are still unknown.

A sibling for Lyla (30-5-2010)

Source: The Gloucester girls thread.

Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa (b.23 September 1989) [son of King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa of Bahrain (b.1950) & his second wife, Sheia bint Hasan al-Khrayyesh Al-Aimi, a lady from Kuwait] & his wife, Princess Sahab bint Abdullah al-Saud (b.14 February 1993) [daughter of King Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz al-Saud of Saudi Arabia (b.1924) & one of his wifes, Sheikha Malika bint Saud al-Jarba] had their first child, Faisal, on 12 December.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/Fai9al.Khalid (Thanks, sana and Princess Robijn!)

He named his son after his tragically dead brother...Nice gesture.

I update my post:

Archduke Johannes of Austria (b.21 May 1975) [youngest of seven living children of Archduke Joseph of Austria (b.1933) & his wife Maria, nee Princess of Lowenstein-Wertheim Rosenberg (b.1935)] & his wife Gabriela, nee Montenegro y Villamizar (b.14 February 1978) had their second son, Alejandro, this year (name still unknown).

A brother for Johannes Maria, who celebrated his second birthday 11 days ago.

Source: www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/gotha/austria.html

Prince Friedrich Anton-Ulrich of Waldeck and Pyrmont (b.4 July 1969) [firstborn son of Prince Volkwin of Waldeck and Pyrmont (b.1940) by his first wife, Baroness Orlinda von Gablenz (b.1938)] & his wife Elisabeth, nee Baroness von Hammerstein-Equord, who will turn 41 in sixteen days had their second child, Paul-Ferdinand Joost Alexander Nikolaus, on 9 August 2012.

A brother for Donata-Sophie Julia Katharina Elisabeth (21-7-2005).

Sources: Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau
Waldeck

And also his paternal first cousin, Prince Alexander Georg-Wilhelm Thomas of Waldeck and Pyrmont (b.24 November 1972) [older son of Prince Josias of Waldeck and Pyrmont (b.1935) & his wife Vita, nee Schwenkreis (b.1939)] & his wife Tanja, nee Rippetoe (b.4 May 1978) had their fourth child, Josias, in May 2012.

A brother for Charlotte (27-2-2007), Philippa (21-10-2008) and Freya (b. July 2010).Sources: Waldeck
Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau

I know this is a bit late, maybe it could be added to last years.

Lady Rose Gilman, younger daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, gave birth to a son last Oct/Nov 2012.
His name is Rufus Gilman and he will place about #30 in the Line of Succession..

Prince Muhmud Efendi Sultan of Turkey and his wife, née Genevieve Robson, had a son,"Şehzade" (= Prince) Ziya Reşad Efendid, on 6 June 2012.

Osmanl (Google Translation)

The same article also mentiones (among other things):

(Name; Date of birth, City of birth, Decendent from..)

Yavuz Selim 22.2.1989 İstanbul Sultan İkinci Abdülhamid 23
Turan Cem 7.1.2004 İngiltere Sultan Beşinci Murad 8
Tamer Nihad 15.4.2006 İngiltere Sultan Beşinci Murad 6
Muhammed Harun 1.12.2007 İstanbul Sultan İkinci Abdülhamid 5
Batu Bayezid 23.4.2008 İngiltere Sultan Beşinci Murad 4
(Ziya Reşad Efendi 6.6.2012 Londra Sultan Mehmed Reşad 0)

According to wikipedia, the parents of Prince Turan Cem and Prince Tamer Nihad are Prince Orhan Murad Osmanoğlu and his wife née Patricia Lotti.

Wikipedia also lists the birth of of several Princesses, the latest in 2013, as well as another Prince born in 2006. I'm assuming the second Prince born in 2006 would have been in the article from post 1 if correct. But of course that's just guesswork.

2012 was a happy year for Archduke Carl-Salvator of Austria (b.1936) & his wife Edith, nee Wentzl, Baroness von Sternbach (b.1943); they became double grandparents!

Their son, Archduke Johannes, who turned 39 two days ago & his wife Katharina, nee Riedl-Riedenstein (b.5 August 1976) had their first child, Valentina.

Also their daughter, Archduchess Veronika (b.3 January 1982) & her husband Count Ulrich von Mamming (b.14 December 1982) had their first child, Wenzel.

For happy grandparents they are 9th and 10th grandchild; their two oldest Archduke Matthias (b.1971) and Archduchess Hedwig (b.1972) have four children each.
Their two sons, Archduke Bernhard (b.1977) and Archduke Benedikt (b.1983) are still single.

Source: Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria

Prince Luis Alfonso of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (b.28 November 1970) [firstborn son of Prince Casimir of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (b.1938) & his wife Maria Christina, nee Princess of Savoy (b.1933)] had another daughter by his current wife/partner (Names currently unknown to me).

A half-sister for Anna Sophia (9-4-1999) his daughter by his former wife, Christine Apovian (b.1969).

Source: Noblesse & Royautés » La descendance de la princesse Anne de France, duchesse d’Aoste

Princess Marija of Yugoslavia (b.4 August 1993) [only daughter of Prince Nikola of Yugoslavia (b.1958) & his former wife, Ljiljana Licanin (b.1959)] became a mother of a son named Enzio, last year.
The identity of his father is unknown.

Source: Descendants of King Christian IX of Denmark

I update my post:

Prince Luis Alfonso of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (b.28 November 1970) [firstborn son of Prince Casimir of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (b.1938) & his wife Maria Christina, nee Princess of Savoy (b.1933)] had a daughter, Maria Isabel, by his current wife (Whose name is currently unknown to me).

A half-sister for Anna Sophia (9-4-1999) his daughter by his former wife, Christine Apovian (b.1969).

Source: Noblesse & Royautés » La descendance de la princesse Anne de France, duchesse d’Aoste
Descendants of King Louis Philippe I of the French (first part)

Last edited:
:previous:
Descendants of King Louis Philippe I of the French had as source a communication at Royauté 2 by genealogist Daniel Manach who received a letter from Princess Victoria.

Prince Felix of Hohenlohe-Bartenstein (b.27 December 1973) [son of Ferdinand, Prince of Hohenlohe-Bartenstein (b.1942) & his late wife Franziska, nee Princess of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg (1947-2011)] & his wife Christina, nee Gutierrez Maturana-Larios y Kalachnikoff (b.1972) had their first child, Alexandra, on 13 October 2012.

For Prince Ferdinand it is a debut as a grandfather.

Source: Netty's Royalty Page Genealogical News 2012

Birth of Anne Stevenson in April 2013. 5th child of Kildine de Sambucy de
Sorgue et
Grand daughter of princesse Chantal de France.
Communication by the genealogist Chantal de Badts in Royauté 2.

Prince Luis Alfonso of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (b.28 November 1970) [firstborn son of Prince Casimir of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (b.1938) & his wife Maria Christina, nee Princess of Savoy (b.1933)] had another daughter by his current wife/partner (Names currently unknown to me).

The original source was the Royal Forums itself. A message I had posted here and was taken by Noblesse Royautés. And I supplied the name here later.

The original source was the Royal Forums itself. A message I had posted here and was taken by Noblesse Royautés. And I supplied the name here later.

Well, i am curious now, what are the names? :)

Sorgue et

I think she´s the 99th great grand child of the late Countess of Paris.

Sorgue et

Emilien Galmiche adds at Royauté 2 the baby was born on 1st April in Bordeaux.
Mr. Galmiche is an expert in checking birth, wedding and deaths registers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom