Noble Engagements Announcements 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Louis David Hicks, who will turn 52 in a month and a day [son of Lady Pamela Mountbatten (b.1929) {herself daughter of Prince Louis von Battenberg, who became Lord Louis Mountbatten in 1917, created Earl Mountbatten of Burma in 1947 (1900-1979) & his wife, Honourable Edwina Ashley (1901-1960} & her late husband David Hicks (1929-1998)] got engaged to Kathryn Anne Sharkey (b.31 December 1981)[daughter of William Thomas Sharkey & his wife Rosalie Solis].
In 1990 he married Allegra Marina Tondato (b.1960) but their mariage ended in divorce; they have two daughters: Angelica Margherita Edwina (16-9-1992) & Ambrosia Maria Elizabeth (23-1-1997).

Sources: Descendants of Princess Julie von Battenberg
Hesse

Last edited:
The engagement was announced between Prince Jan of Lobkowicz (b.12 December 1987) [son of Prince Wenzel Euzebius of Lobkowicz (b.1953) & his wife Armelle, nee de Guillebon (b.1955)] & Laura Altmayer on 4 July.

Jan is the oldest of four sons and first one who marries.

Source: https://sites.google.com/site/myroyalworld/2015-genealogical-information

The engagement was announced between Alexander David Spencer-Churchill (b.9 June 1983) [son of Lord Charles Spencer-Churchill (b.1940) {himself son of John Albert Spencer-Churchill, 10th Duke of Marlborough (1897-1972) & his first wife, Honourable Alexandra Mary Cadogan (1900-1961)} & his first wife Elizabeth Jane Wyndham (b.1948) [daughter of Capaint Hon Mark Hugh Wyndham, scion of the Leconfield & Egremont barons] & Scarlett Strutt (b. 1985) [daughter of Henry Clavering Tollemache Strutt (b. 1953), scion of the Belper barons, & his first wife Athena, nee Maas]

Source: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/peerage-news/z3N8Vcmjtec

Last edited:
Update: Diana Bernadotte, Countess of Wisborg & Stefan Dedek will marry on 13 January 2017.

Countess Larisa von Starhemberg (b.9 September 1989)
[daughter of Georg Adam, Prince of Starhemberg (b.1961) & his wife Nadejda, nee Countess von Abensperg und Traun (b.1961)] is engaged to Freiherr Clemens von Waechter; they are going to marry on 12 September.

Larisa is the oldest of four children and first one who marries.

Source for both: Netty Royal

The engagement was announced 14 July, 2015, between Alejandro Santo Domingo, son of the late Julio Mario Santo Domingo & of Beatrice Santo Domingo, & the Lady Charlotte Wellesley (born 8 Oct, 1990), youngest daughter of Arthur Charles Valerian Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington (b 19 Aug 1945), of Stratfield Saye, Berkshire, and Apsley House, London, by his wife the former Princess Antonia Brigid Elizabeth Louise von Preussen (born 28 Apr, 1955), descended from the Royal House of Prussia
Peerage News: Santo Domingo/Wellesley engagement

Alejandro is uncle of Tatiana Casiraghi (née Santo Domingo).

The Santo Domingo family is doing a good job ennobling their money.

The engagement was announced between Prince Charles-Adrien de Merode, who will turn 34 in eight days [son of Prince Charles-Louis de Merode (b.1948) & his wife Clothilde, nee Countess of Oultremont (b.1952) & Guadalupe de Lascurain Corcuera (daughter of Guadalupe Corcuera Martinez del Rio & her late (probably) husband Ignacio de Lascurain Chavez] on 8 August.

Source: http://www.carnetmondain.be/

The engagement was announced 24 Aug, 2015, between Simon Henry George Petty-Fitzmaurice, styled Earl of Shelburne (born 24 Nov, 1970), scion of the Marquesses of Lansdowne (Marquess, GB, cr 1784), eldest son and heir of the 9th Marquis of Lansdowne (born 21 Feb, 1941), of Bowood, Calne, co Wilts, by his late former wife the former Lady Frances Helen Mary Eliot (b 1943, d 6 Jan 2004), scion of the Earls of St German, daughter of the 9th Earl of St Germans, & Nadine Alexandra L. Mentior (born 1972), the actress, daughter of the late Mr Marc Mentior, of London, by his late wife the former ____ Hagan.

Source: Peerage News

The engagement was announced 26 August, 2015, between James Michael [Jamie] Wemyss (born 1987), son of Charles John Wemyss [b 26 July, 1952], of Invermay, Perthshire, by his wife the former Fiona Elizabeth Penn, & Matilda Rose Philippa Stopford [born 1988] scion of the Earls of Courtown [Peerage of Ireland, cr 1762], daughter of Capt the Hon Jeremy Neville Stopford, LVO [b 1958]., of Charter Alley, co Hampshire, sometime Equerry to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, by his wife the former Bronwen Milner.

Matilda Stopford is a niece of the Earl of Courtown. Jamie Wemyss is descended paternally from the extinct Dukes of Portland, and from the Earls of Elgin & Kincardine, &c. Jamie's grandfather, Lt-Col Sir Eric Penn, GCVO, was a senior member of the Royal Household. So, all in all, a uniot twixt families of courtiers.

Source: Peerage News: Wemyss/Stopford engagement

Baroness Louise Ramel (b.1987) [daughter of Baron Peder Ramel (b.1955) {himself youngest of three children of Countess Madeleine Douglas (b.1927) & her late husband Hans, Baron Ramel (1925-2009)} & his wife Kerstin, nee Lund (b.1955)] got engaged to Carl Lindberg this year.

Source: Descendants of Grand Duke Ludwig I of Baden

The engagement was announced 26 September, 2015, between Simon David Ramsay, styled Lord Ramsay [born 1981], son and heir of the 17th Earl of Dalhousie [b 1948], (Peerage of Scotland, cr 1633), of Brechin, Angus, by his wife the former Marilyn Davina Butter [b 1950], scion of that landed family, & Kaitlin Marie Kubinsky [born 1985], daughter of Mr & Mrs John Kubinsky, Sr, of Charlotte, North Carolina, United States,

The Countess of Dalhousie is a daughter of Maj Sir David Henry BUTTER KCVO MC (1920-2010), sometime head of that gentry family of Pitlochry, and Myra Alice CVO (b 1925) daughter of Sir Harold Augustus WERNHER (1893-1973) GCVO 3rd & last Bt and Lady (Anastasia Michailovna) Zia CBE (1892-1977) daughter of the Grand Duke Michael Michailovitch of Russia (1861-1929)

Sources: Peerage News
Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau

Count Paul Lombard de Buffieres de Rambuteau (b.1985) [oldest of three sons of Count Emanuel
Lombard de Buffieres de Rambuteau (b.1954) & his wife Valerie-Charlotte, nee Dolbois (b.1958)] got engaged to Aude Colas des Francs this year.

Source: Descendants of King Louis Philippe I of the French

Victoire Leveque de Vilmorin (b.1983)
[youngest of three children of Philippe Victoire Leveque de Vilmorin (b.1948) {himself out-of-wedlock grandson of Alfonso XIII, King of Spain} & his wife Laurence, nee Quennouelle (b.1950)] got engaged to William G. Lord this year.

Margarita Festa von Neufforge
[oldest of five children of Baroness Patricia von Neufforge {herself Great-granddaughter of Hedwig Thyssen (1878-1950) & her husband Baron Ferdinand von Neufforge (1869-1942)} and her husband...... Festa] is engaged to Ariel Gravano; they plan to marry next year.

Source: Descendants of August Thyssen and Hedwig Pelzer

Prince Mark David Josef of Lobkowicz (b.1982) [son of Prince Prokop of Lobkowicz (b.1944) & his wife Susan, nee Shields (b.1948)] is engaged to Angela Meyer; they are going to marry on 2 January 2016 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Mark is the youngest of three children and last one who marries.

Source: http://www.nettyroyal.nl/en/non_pro/news_future.html

Last edited:
The engagement was announced between Count Geraud of Oultremont (b.27 March 1980) [youngest of eight children of Count Eric of Oultremont (b.1934) & his wife Isabelle, nee Imperiali dei Principi di Francavilla (b.1943)] & his distant relative, Countess Marguerite de Marnix de Sainte Aldegonde (b.1984) [youngest of four children of Count Humbert de Marnix de Sainte Adelgonde (b.1945) & his wife Isabelle, nee Countess of Oultremont (b.1951)] on 23 October.

Sources: http://www.carnetmondain.be/
Marguerite, countess of Marnix de Sainte Aldegonde, * 1984 | Geneall.net

Peder Colfach (b.1981) [son of Jeanette von Arbin (b.1951) {herself fourth of five daughters of Dagmar Bernadotte, Countess of Wisborg (b.1916) & her late husband, Nils-Magnus von Arbin (1910-1985)} & her husband Esben Colfach (b.1947)] got engaged to Sara Persson (b.1983) this year.

Peder is second of three sons and last one who marries; his younger brother Christian (b.1983) became a father this year.

Source: Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau

The engagement was announced between Count Gael Cornet d'Elzius du Chennoy (b.1989) [son of Count Etienne Cornet d'Elzius du Chennoy (b.1959) & his wife Dominique, nee Jonkvrouw von Wasseige (b.1965)] & Ines Springuel [daughter of Cristian Springuel & his former wife, now Mrs. Jean Neve de Mevergnies] on 24 November.

Gael is oldest of three children and second one who marries; his sister Muriel (b.1991) married Jonkheer Damien Janssens de Bisthoven (b.1989) last year.
He has also a brother Brieuc (b.1993).

Source: http://www.carnetmondain.be/

Last edited:
:previous:
Their engagement was announced on 24 November 2015.

Princess Tatiana Galitzine (b.16 August 1984) [second of six children of Prince Pjotr Galitzine (b.1955) & his wife Maria Anna, nee Archduchess of Austria (b.1954)]
got engaged to Guillermo Sierra this year.

Her older sister Xenia (b.1983) will become a mother for the third time in February.

Source: Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria

Wasn´t Tatiana Galitzine the one who cancelled her engagement/ wedding to some other guy about two years ago?

Has a date been set?

Does anyone know where he is from?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think his family is from NY,of Mexican descent I think...if I am wrong correct me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The engagement was announced between Countess Prisca of Oultremount (b.2 April 1989) [daughter of Count Jean-Michel of Oultremount (b.1956) & his wife Lorraine, nee Le Maistre d'Astaing (b.1965)] & Guillaume Lienart van Lidth de Jeude [second of four children of Patrick Lienart van Lidth de Jeude (b.1958) & his wife Edith, nee de Wasseige (b.1959)] on 15 December.

Prisca is the oldest of three children and first one who marries.

Sources: http://www.carnetmondain.be/
Guillaume Liénart van Lidth de Jeude | Geneall.net

I think his family is from NY,of Mexican descent I think...if I am wrong correct me.

As I remember when her two sisters became engaged there was a lot on the blogs about the fiancés, details about the wedding plans, and wedding websites. I am surprised that there aren't any details about this engagement. I don't think anyone has even mentioned a gift registry which usually provides some of the details.

I am sorry but I don't know if you are correct or not.

As I remember when her two sisters became engaged there was a lot on the blogs about the fiancés, details about the wedding plans, and wedding websites. I am surprised that there aren't any details about this engagement. I don't think anyone has even mentioned a gift registry which usually provides some of the details.

I am sorry but I don't know if you are correct or not.

I received a note that someone saw them on the list of marriage licenses issued in Houston during November. I don't know how to cross check this, but the wedding probably has already occurred. So I guess we missed seeing all of the pictures like we did with Xenia's wedding. If someone can confirm this, this post should probably be moved to noble weddings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom