The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Milestones

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The engagement was announced 24 Aug, 2015, between Simon Henry George Petty-Fitzmaurice, styled Earl of Shelburne (born 24 Nov, 1970), scion of the Marquesses of Lansdowne (Marquess, GB, cr 1784), eldest son and heir of the 9th Marquis of Lansdowne (born 21 Feb, 1941), of Bowood, Calne, co Wilts, by his late former wife the former Lady Frances Helen Mary Eliot (b 1943, d 6 Jan 2004), scion of the Earls of St German, daughter of the 9th Earl of St Germans, & Nadine Alexandra L. Mentior (born 1972), the actress, daughter of the late Mr Marc Mentior, of London, by his late wife the former ____ Hagan.

Source: Peerage News

Old 08-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

The engagement was announced 26 August, 2015, between James Michael [Jamie] Wemyss (born 1987), son of Charles John Wemyss [b 26 July, 1952], of Invermay, Perthshire, by his wife the former Fiona Elizabeth Penn, & Matilda Rose Philippa Stopford [born 1988] scion of the Earls of Courtown [Peerage of Ireland, cr 1762], daughter of Capt the Hon Jeremy Neville Stopford, LVO [b 1958]., of Charter Alley, co Hampshire, sometime Equerry to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, by his wife the former Bronwen Milner.

Matilda Stopford is a niece of the Earl of Courtown. Jamie Wemyss is descended paternally from the extinct Dukes of Portland, and from the Earls of Elgin & Kincardine, &c. Jamie's grandfather, Lt-Col Sir Eric Penn, GCVO, was a senior member of the Royal Household. So, all in all, a uniot twixt families of courtiers.

Source: Peerage News: Wemyss/Stopford engagement

Old 09-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Baroness Louise Ramel (b.1987) [daughter of Baron Peder Ramel (b.1955) {himself youngest of three children of Countess Madeleine Douglas (b.1927) & her late husband Hans, Baron Ramel (1925-2009)} & his wife Kerstin, nee Lund (b.1955)] got engaged to Carl Lindberg this year.

Source: Descendants of Grand Duke Ludwig I of Baden
Old 09-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The engagement was announced 26 September, 2015, between Simon David Ramsay, styled Lord Ramsay [born 1981], son and heir of the 17th Earl of Dalhousie [b 1948], (Peerage of Scotland, cr 1633), of Brechin, Angus, by his wife the former Marilyn Davina Butter [b 1950], scion of that landed family, & Kaitlin Marie Kubinsky [born 1985], daughter of Mr & Mrs John Kubinsky, Sr, of Charlotte, North Carolina, United States,

The Countess of Dalhousie is a daughter of Maj Sir David Henry BUTTER KCVO MC (1920-2010), sometime head of that gentry family of Pitlochry, and Myra Alice CVO (b 1925) daughter of Sir Harold Augustus WERNHER (1893-1973) GCVO 3rd & last Bt and Lady (Anastasia Michailovna) Zia CBE (1892-1977) daughter of the Grand Duke Michael Michailovitch of Russia (1861-1929)

Sources: Peerage News
Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau

Count Paul Lombard de Buffieres de Rambuteau (b.1985) [oldest of three sons of Count Emanuel
Lombard de Buffieres de Rambuteau (b.1954) & his wife Valerie-Charlotte, nee Dolbois (b.1958)] got engaged to Aude Colas des Francs this year.

Source: Descendants of King Louis Philippe I of the French

Victoire Leveque de Vilmorin (b.1983)
[youngest of three children of Philippe Victoire Leveque de Vilmorin (b.1948) {himself out-of-wedlock grandson of Alfonso XIII, King of Spain} & his wife Laurence, nee Quennouelle (b.1950)] got engaged to William G. Lord this year.

Margarita Festa von Neufforge
[oldest of five children of Baroness Patricia von Neufforge {herself Great-granddaughter of Hedwig Thyssen (1878-1950) & her husband Baron Ferdinand von Neufforge (1869-1942)} and her husband...... Festa] is engaged to Ariel Gravano; they plan to marry next year.

Source: Descendants of August Thyssen and Hedwig Pelzer

Prince Mark David Josef of Lobkowicz (b.1982) [son of Prince Prokop of Lobkowicz (b.1944) & his wife Susan, nee Shields (b.1948)] is engaged to Angela Meyer; they are going to marry on 2 January 2016 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Mark is the youngest of three children and last one who marries.

Source: http://www.nettyroyal.nl/en/non_pro/news_future.html

Old 10-23-2015, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

The engagement was announced between Count Geraud of Oultremont (b.27 March 1980) [youngest of eight children of Count Eric of Oultremont (b.1934) & his wife Isabelle, nee Imperiali dei Principi di Francavilla (b.1943)] & his distant relative, Countess Marguerite de Marnix de Sainte Aldegonde (b.1984) [youngest of four children of Count Humbert de Marnix de Sainte Adelgonde (b.1945) & his wife Isabelle, nee Countess of Oultremont (b.1951)] on 23 October.

Sources: http://www.carnetmondain.be/
Marguerite, countess of Marnix de Sainte Aldegonde, * 1984 | Geneall.net
Old 10-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The engagement was announced today 31 October 2015 between Henry Fitzalan-Howard, Earl of Arundel and Surrey, and Miss Cecilia Colacicchi.

He is the eldest son and heir of the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk. Miss Colacicchi is the daughter of William and Clare Colacicchi.

The Earl of Arundel and Surrey and Miss C.M.E. Colacicchi - Engagements Announcements - Telegraph Announcements
Old 11-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Peder Colfach (b.1981) [son of Jeanette von Arbin (b.1951) {herself fourth of five daughters of Dagmar Bernadotte, Countess of Wisborg (b.1916) & her late husband, Nils-Magnus von Arbin (1910-1985)} & her husband Esben Colfach (b.1947)] got engaged to Sara Persson (b.1983) this year.

Peder is second of three sons and last one who marries; his younger brother Christian (b.1983) became a father this year.

Source: Descendants of Duke Wilhelm of Nassau
Old 11-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

The engagement was announced between Count Gael Cornet d'Elzius du Chennoy (b.1989) [son of Count Etienne Cornet d'Elzius du Chennoy (b.1959) & his wife Dominique, nee Jonkvrouw von Wasseige (b.1965)] & Ines Springuel [daughter of Cristian Springuel & his former wife, now Mrs. Jean Neve de Mevergnies] on 24 November.

Gael is oldest of three children and second one who marries; his sister Muriel (b.1991) married Jonkheer Damien Janssens de Bisthoven (b.1989) last year.
He has also a brother Brieuc (b.1993).

Source: http://www.carnetmondain.be/
Old 11-27-2015, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Their engagement was announced on 24 November 2015.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Tatiana Galitzine (b.16 August 1984) [second of six children of Prince Pjotr Galitzine (b.1955) & his wife Maria Anna, nee Archduchess of Austria (b.1954)]
got engaged to Guillermo Sierra this year.

Her older sister Xenia (b.1983) will become a mother for the third time in February.

Source: Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria
Old 11-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Courtier

Wasn´t Tatiana Galitzine the one who cancelled her engagement/ wedding to some other guy about two years ago?
Old 11-28-2015, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Wasn´t Tatiana Galitzine the one who cancelled her engagement/ wedding to some other guy about two years ago?
No that was Alexandra (1986).
Old 12-01-2015, 10:45 PM

Has a date been set?

Does anyone know where he is from?
Old 12-02-2015, 02:19 AM
Serene Highness

I think his family is from NY,of Mexican descent I think...if I am wrong correct me.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The engagement was announced between Countess Prisca of Oultremount (b.2 April 1989) [daughter of Count Jean-Michel of Oultremount (b.1956) & his wife Lorraine, nee Le Maistre d'Astaing (b.1965)] & Guillaume Lienart van Lidth de Jeude [second of four children of Patrick Lienart van Lidth de Jeude (b.1958) & his wife Edith, nee de Wasseige (b.1959)] on 15 December.

Prisca is the oldest of three children and first one who marries.

Sources: http://www.carnetmondain.be/
Guillaume Liénart van Lidth de Jeude | Geneall.net
Old 12-17-2015, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
I think his family is from NY,of Mexican descent I think...if I am wrong correct me.
As I remember when her two sisters became engaged there was a lot on the blogs about the fiancés, details about the wedding plans, and wedding websites. I am surprised that there aren't any details about this engagement. I don't think anyone has even mentioned a gift registry which usually provides some of the details.

I am sorry but I don't know if you are correct or not.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro125 View Post
As I remember when her two sisters became engaged there was a lot on the blogs about the fiancés, details about the wedding plans, and wedding websites. I am surprised that there aren't any details about this engagement. I don't think anyone has even mentioned a gift registry which usually provides some of the details.

I am sorry but I don't know if you are correct or not.
I received a note that someone saw them on the list of marriage licenses issued in Houston during November. I don't know how to cross check this, but the wedding probably has already occurred. So I guess we missed seeing all of the pictures like we did with Xenia's wedding. If someone can confirm this, this post should probably be moved to noble weddings.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It seems I was right.He is of Mexican descent...

Royal Musings: Tatiana Galitzine weds Guillermo Sierra

He was born there.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
It seems I was right.He is of Mexican descent...

Royal Musings: Tatiana Galitzine weds Guillermo Sierra

He was born there.
Tatiana and Guillermo met on October 22. They married on November 28. I expect the family did not know of this marriage for all sorts of reasons, some of which are explained in my article. Texas vital records are open to the public. Easy to search.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
She may not have been the one to do the cancelling!