Saudi Princesses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samna

City
GENEVA
Country
Switzerland
Does anyone have information about women in the Saudi Royal Family? Are they as active as other royals, say like Queen Rania or Sheikha Moza? Why don't we hear about them on the news or see their pictures? I'd love to see some pictures or get news about their activities.

As far as I know there are very few active Saudi princesses.

You have to remember the Saudi Royal Family is huge, there are something like 4000 Saudi princes and an equal number of princesses.

As with most other aspects of life for Saudi women, princesses play little role in everyday life.

samna said:
Does anyone have information about women in the Saudi Royal Family? Are they as active as other royals, say like Queen Rania or Sheikha Moza? Why don't we hear about them on the news or see their pictures? I'd love to see some pictures or get news about their activities.

I read some times in the newspeaper that the wife of the king or one of the princess sponsoring a lot of the activities for women that hapen inside saudi arabia but there is no pictures .

princess luluwa bint faisal - daughter of king faisal, sister to princes saud al faisal (forgein minister) and prince turki al faisal (current ambassador to the us).... she is the head of effat college/university. he mother is turkish.

Attachments

• 56131870.jpg
    56131870.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 44,850
thanks!

thanks for the replies! would any of you like to comment on the single most active royal princess of the middle east? would love to hear your responses.

Saudi Women Show Their Art at Bahrain Exhibition
Mazen Mahdi, Arab News
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
MANAMA, 31 March 2006 — An ambitious plan to bring Saudi and Gulf women artists to the world by giving them wider exposure has been launched by a Saudi princess.
Princess Nouf bint Bandar Al-Saud said Wednesday during a press conference here that she hopes the art exhibitions for Saudi women she has been endorsing evolve into a venue to promote Gulf women artists globally.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=9&section=0&article=80039&d=4&m=4&y=2006&pix=community.jpg&category=Features%22

Pictures from BNA

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 40,784
  • DSC_0074_11.jpg
    DSC_0074_11.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,720
  • DSC_0068_22.jpg
    DSC_0068_22.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 35,849
  • DSC_0059_27.jpg
    DSC_0059_27.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 17,968
  • DSC_0058_22.jpg
    DSC_0058_22.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 2,410
  • DSC_0081_15.jpg
    DSC_0081_15.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 22,932
  • DSC_0046_19.jpg
    DSC_0046_19.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 4,715
  • DSC_0070_16.jpg
    DSC_0070_16.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 3,736
  • DSC_0061_19.jpg
    DSC_0061_19.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 4,955
Last edited:
Little_star said:
As far as I know there are very few active Saudi princesses.

You have to remember the Saudi Royal Family is huge, there are something like 4000 Saudi princes and an equal number of princesses.

As with most other aspects of life for Saudi women, princesses play little role in everyday life.

I remember reading that they now number 10,000 plus princes because of the tradition of multiple marriages. But there is a website, maybe the official one (?) that divides these princelings from the main branch that dominates the royal family.

Posts not relating to Saudi Princesses have been removed.

Warren
Other Reigning Houses moderator

Toledo said:
I remember reading that they now number 10,000 plus princes because of the tradition of multiple marriages. But there is a website, maybe the official one (?) that divides these princelings from the main branch that dominates the royal family.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, although I've heard the numbers being around 5000.

Consdiering the fact that Saudi princes take every advantage of marrying several times and have numerous children usually with each I wouldn't be surprised if 10000 were more accurate!

Art Is Not a Luxury, Says Princess Reem
Siraj Wahab, Arab News
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
JEDDAH, 3 April 2006 — When you hear the words “Saudi princess,” the image that comes to mind is probably not that of a talented artist. That’s why when you meet Princess Reem Mohammed Al Faisal, granddaughter of the late King Faisal, it is a pleasant surprise because she is so different from the usual idea. The princess is a photographer and her work has been exhibited for more than a decade. Working always with a roll-film, medium-format camera and always in black and white, she has sought to capture images that play with light and shadow and also tell stories at the same time.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=80161&d=3&m=4&y=2006

i have seen picture of princess reem waleed in www.flickr.com. and write princess reem waleed. the picture is upload by emarati princess. goodluck

www.brazilbrief.com/viewtopic.php?t=11772 this is sites u can find picture of HRH princess reem al waleed, daughter of prince al waleed bin talal

princess reema durani of saudia

click in this sites
http://www.dailyceleb.com/production?view=even&eid=3035&startRow=48&event type=special

after enter to this sites write princess reema durani and princess dalal al saud ( mother of prince khalid bin waleed and princess reem bint waleed). u will find their pictures there

jean_in_veil.jpg
Princess Sultana al Saud http://www.princesssultanascircle.com/images/jean
jean_in_veil.jpg
jean%20%20%20in%20%20veil.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nadiana
Sorry to inform you that the picture you posted "Princess Sultana Al Saud" is not actually a princess. It's a picture of Jean Sason, a write who wrote different books about the princess which included (princess sultana circle, princess, and princess sultana's daughter). When reading those books you will be able to understand the different point of views but, the other problem is criticism was mainly the main point in the book.

HKM said:
When reading those books you will be able to understand the different point of views but, the other problem is criticism was mainly the main point in the book.

I agree that most of the books were devoted to criticism - mostly of Saudi men. :neutral: For once, I would like to read a book on the Saudi royal family which doesn't have an agenda. Something with a balanced, truthful and factual view would be nice! :) The Kingdom by Robert Lacey is probably one of the more interesting books I've read. Importantly, Lacey had first hand access to the royal family. Unfortunately, there's not very much to be said about the princesses, who seem to lead very discreet - not necessarily oppressed - lives. There are a few touching moments, though, like the chapter about King Abdul Aziz's (Ibn Sa'ud's) love for his wife Jauhara. :wub:

Little_star said:
I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, although I've heard the numbers being around 5000.

Consdiering the fact that Saudi princes take every advantage of marrying several times and have numerous children usually with each I wouldn't be surprised if 10000 were more accurate!

That makes me wonder on something, the Saudi princesess by-birth could have either more influence or less freedom than the ones who aquired the title by marriage. When the present King visited the US, I think I saw the photos that he came here with his daugther.

And speaking of Saudi Princesess by birth, this one seems to have quite a temper:
Saudi Princess Jailed On Charges Of Beating Servant December 2001

Last edited:
KatieLouise said:
I agree that most of the books were devoted to criticism - mostly of Saudi men. :neutral: For once, I would like to read a book on the Saudi royal family which doesn't have an agenda. Something with a balanced, truthful and factual view would be nice! :) The Kingdom by Robert Lacey is probably one of the more interesting books I've read. Importantly, Lacey had first hand access to the royal family. Unfortunately, there's not very much to be said about the princesses, who seem to lead very discreet - not necessarily oppressed - lives. There are a few touching moments, though, like the chapter about King Abdul Aziz's (Ibn Sa'ud's) love for his wife Jauhara. :wub:

I agree! Every time I read something written in the West about Muslim countries, I 'm aware that they have an agenda. I should like to have a more objective information. I'm very interested in Muslim Royal Houses.

Vanesa.

ZZZ said:
princess luluwa bint faisal - daughter of king faisal, sister to princes saud al faisal (forgein minister) and prince turki al faisal (current ambassador to the us).... she is the head of effat college/university. he mother is turkish.

what is the name of her mother???

proudly Saudi

I am from saudi arabia and i myself went to school with many a princess..
there are a lot of them, and they are not what people make them out to be.
like many saudi girls they lead a sheltered life, but they do go out and have fun. heck i went on splash mountain at Disney land with one!

people are too quick to judge. each parent is different. and such each princess is different, and to be honest saudi princesses are a lot more intelligent and outgoing than they are made out to be.
Peace, Love, Respect.:flowers:

KatieLouise said:
I agree that most of the books were devoted to criticism - mostly of Saudi men. :neutral: For once, I would like to read a book on the Saudi royal family which doesn't have an agenda. Something with a balanced, truthful and factual view would be nice! :)
I fail to see how Jean Sassoon had an agenda when she was writing the story as told by a Saudi princess herself!

From what I know myself, I'd say the "Princess" books were actually very accurate!

Jean Sasson told agreed to tell the story of a Saudi Princess she befriended.
I've never been under the impression Sultana's story applied to all Saudi women. I think Sultana's "agenda" is to bring about change in terms of women's rights (really Human rights). I see nothing wrong with that.

There was another book called "The Saudis" by Sandra Mackney I think her name was. It was more comprehensive.

The " nameless" princess told her stories to Ms. Sasson to help other Saudi women who have no voice. The princesses live very well and travel and have what their hearts desire, from what is told. Sultana wanted the world to know about those who do not have this ability. Yes, there is an agenda, one that tries to give voice to those who are forbidden to speak publicly, to show themselves, to work or to drive a car or travel on their own. All books have an agenda. Especially, those with political comments. Sultana took a very great chance to get these stories told.

Last fall I read the Princess trilogy and I thought it was a great series. Sultana is a brave and strong woman to help write a book about the daily lives of Saudi Princesses. Their world is filled with luxury and restrictions.

i have read the book too. it was really interesting to get an insight in their lives...

Saudi princesses are not know as well as other princesses because one member has stated they lived sheltered lives which I also agree with.But some are starting to talk and publishing books about how life is like being a Saudi princess that is how some of them are getting know while other Saudi princess are known for their charity work and working for womn's rights in the arab and muslim regions.

I`ve heard that Pakistani Politician Nawaz Sharif`s daughter has married a prince of Saudi Arabia, I don`t know her name, can anyone tell me to whom she has married???

Princess Karima Al-Saud

Hi,

Does any one have any information on Princess Karima Al-Saud in who she is married to, what children she has etc

Hi dear

I guess almost all the Saudies would never reveal the names of their females. So , instead they put the word " Karimah" to mean their sister or doughter. This is a norm in Saudi Arabia. So when they invite some body for marriage and send an invitation card the bride name will not be written in the card; they would put instead the word " Karimah" .

Last edited by a moderator:
Is she a permanent US resident?

I dont knkow 4Pam.... that pic was taken some time ago.... I dont know if she is a resident or maybe she stayed there because of studies.

Back
Top Bottom