The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope she is safe. Perhaps, she can try and change her looks and name and live quietly, somewhere where she can be safe.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Commoner

Why does this pictre took me by surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiana View Post
i have seen picture of princess reem waleed in www.flickr.com. and write princess reem waleed. the picture is upload by emarati princess. goodluck

www.brazilbrief.com/viewtopic.php?t=11772 this is sites u can find picture of HRH princess reem al waleed, daughter of prince al waleed bin talal

princess reema durani of saudia

click in this sites
http://www.dailyceleb.com/production?view=even&eid=3035&startRow=48&event type=special

after enter to this sites write princess reema durani and princess dalal al saud ( mother of prince khalid bin waleed and princess reem bint waleed). u will find their pictures there

Princess Sultana al Saud http://www.princesssultanascircle.com/images/jean
THIS PICTURE IS OF A white western WOMAN WEARING THE CUSTOMARY NATIONAL HEAD DRESS MEN WEAR IN THE GULF STATES OF KUWAIT, BAHRAIN, SAUDI ARABIA ETC. WHAT'S THE STORY? WHO's COTRA IS SHE WEARING? WHO TOOK IT OF HIS HEAD TO PLACE IT ON HER HEAD?
< ed Warren >
Another eyeopening book I recommend is "SOFT WEAPONS" by Prof. Gillian Whitlock. Please spread the news.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Are you the author? You are pushing the book pretty hard. Also, there is no need to shout . Of course the trilogy would have to be fictionalized enough to protect the identities or identity of the Saudi Princess or Princesses whose stories are recounted in the books if they didn't want to be stoned to death or beaten to death or walled up in a room to starve. SA is one of the most repressive regimes in the world, certainly to the female population. This is a country that a woman has no rights in. How else would the information get out, except by fictionalizing some of the details to make them less identify able?
Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

You are quite right. The books were very good descriptions of their lives. It could have been a group of women. Hoax mean the stories or descriptions were lies. They weren't. The people involved were protected. They would have to be.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Yes, it's not appropriate for this thread to be used as a vehicle to personally attack another author.
Any further posts in a similar vein will be removed.

Warren
TRF Admin
Old 09-22-2012, 02:03 PM
Commoner

Warren's message is taken aboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Yes, it's not appropriate for this thread to be used as a vehicle to personally attack another author.
Any further posts in a similar vein will be removed.

Warren
TRF Admin
I understand and respect your message. I have said all I intended to on The Royal Forums and say "thank's for the oportunity to do so " I post my messages with a spirit of clarifying certain matters and I am sorry they are seen as attack.
Thank you,
Sincerely F.M.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Administrator

...and not clarifying others.

Assuming that what is stated in the Wikipedia entry for Jean P Sasson is correct, there are personal and financial issues involved in your 17-year dispute with Ms Sasson.

Concerning "Princess: A True Story..." by Jean P Sasson:

"In 1995, a lawsuit was brought against the author of the book alleging plagiarism. The lawsuit was later dismissed. The court held that the plaintiff's claim was "objectively unreasonable" and directed her to pay the defendants' legal fees."

and later in the same entry, under the subheading 'Controversy'.. [my bolding]

"the plagiarism suit filed by Friederike Monika Adsani was dismissed in court by Southern District Judge Denise Cote in 1996. Adsani's claims were declared immaterial, resulting in the district judge's decision to order Adsani to cover Sasson's attorney's fees. Adsani appealed the case in 1997, though Circuit Judges Oakes and Parker and District Judge Nickerson "affirm[ed] the order of the district court requiring Adsani to post a bond of $35,000" to cover Sasson's legal expenses."

It is not appropriate for The Royal Forums to be involved any further in this ongoing dispute.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Commoner

Again, I agree with you Waren, but since you mentione it, may I aditionally state that the full clarifications concerning my copyright-court case (which is one-sidedly reported on Jean Sasson's Wikipedia page) is the backbone of The Phoney Princess book in which I explain how visiting judge Oakes stated in court that in his 25+years on the bench he had never witnessed such injustice against a plaintif, (me)
Thank's. F.M.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Aristocracy

There's a new book out about Saudi Princesses from the perspective of their American female chauffeur

Driving the Saudis: A Chauffeur’s Tale of the World’s Richest Princesses by Jayne Amelia Larson (Review) | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Old 10-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I copmment on their abuse above. Not just them, but the females society.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynHarris View Post
There's a new book out about Saudi Princesses from the perspective of their American female chauffeur

Driving the Saudis: A Chauffeur’s Tale of the World’s Richest Princesses by Jayne Amelia Larson (Review) | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian
Sounds interesting for western readers who are into mysterious wealth dripping Middle Eastern females and their escapades. Would have been more interesting if the chauffeur spoke the arabic language, no?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Whatever their life is like at home anyone who has ever been in a shop when the Saudi princesses arrive knows they enjoy their freedoms when away from home.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

You bet. She. They are away they can live ad they wish. They. Have written about it. Please, shoe pictures of women alone shopping in public and uncovered. American service women dislike having to cover, in SA. Too many books by Saudi women, princesses and others who have been there recently, report the same. It is fine you to like or defend your situation, we know better than to believe the propaganda. There are photos of your cities and all the women are shrouded. We from tbr west find being aless than a full citizen is repugnant. Why do you have religious police squads?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
as always i find posts that not related to the subject
so, continue your discussion
you are right, but what can someone write about Saudi princesses when life in KSA alone is so interesting to outsiders......

Old 12-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
you are right, but what can you write about Saudi princesses when life in KSA alone is so interesting to outsiders......
What can you write about their life in KSA when it is hidden behind palace walls? They are not like European or even Jordanian princesses who live their lives in the public eye. We only see them when they are on shopping trips, loading up on couture in Western capitals.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
What can you write about their life in KSA when it is hidden behind palace walls? They are not like European or even Jordanian princesses who live their lives in the public eye. We only see them when they are on shopping trips, loading up on couture in Western capitals.
Of course, but you understand me wrong. My comment was reffering to the life of Saudi women in general.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Commoner

What I read on this site is no doubt written by an uninformed busybody' therefore it sounds as if those Saudi princesses who do some designer shopping amongst other things while in the West, as one does, are Western-designer-ware starved. I want to clarify those couture-shopping trips somewhat.
Fact: Long before spring, summer autumn and winter collections of Europes latest designer ware is actually sold in Europe, those same new models are already worn by Saudi royalties in their country and the same goes for the latest models of designer jewellery and watches. Representatives of those designer-firms travell regulary four times a year to meet with Saudis royals and other VIP families, showing their wares of whats to come and taking orders which often include wedding dresses and also the wardrobe for all ladies who wear western clothes of the bride or the groom. And of course we must not forget the children's outfits for su8ch an occasion. And the same goes for the rest of wealthy Arab countries. Those representatives also used to travel to Iraq to meet with Saddam Hussain's clan but as we know today Iraq is a battlefield thanks to Western intervention.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friederike Monika View Post
What I read on this site is no doubt written by an uninformed busybody
Lovely. Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Lovely. Welcome to the forum.
What do you think is her point, Scooter? That they are just some women who are interested in Western Couture, which they could never wear at home or, are they very spoiled women who can indulge themselves at the cost of many and can do what most of their fellow citizens hide beneath their abayas, however it is spelled, except in very private places and among women only.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Administrator

The current discussion has very little to do with the specific topic of "Saudi Princesses".

However, following the ongoing success of the Cultural Traditions in the UAE/Gulf States thread in expanding members' knowledge and understanding (and maybe even breaking down some stereotypes), those posts have been moved to a new thread in Members' Corner, The Role of Women in the Saudi Kingdom.

Warren
KSA moderator

Tags
saudi princess, saudi royals