The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Death of Princess Noura Bent Saoud Ben Abdelaziz Al Saoud.
Royal activities: speeches and activities of His Majesty King Mohammed VI in photo and video- Audience- decoration

Old 07-28-2013, 02:46 AM
Administrator

This is the follow-up to a story that was first raised in this thread back in June & July 2010.

Sara Al Amoudi: Is she a Saudi princess - or a prostitute? | Mail Online
26 July 2013

The Vamp in the Veil: Is she a Saudi princess - or a prostitute?
As the High Court is gripped by wild tales, what is the truth about Sara Al Amoudi?

She arrives at the High Court in London each morning in a black Rolls-Royce Phantom with a personalised number plate bearing the initials ‘HRH’. As cameras flash, a team of Middle Eastern security guards descend from a Range Rover to help her cross five yards of pavement to the building’s revolving front door. Some are entrusted with her handbag. Others look after her £50,000 diamond-encrusted luxury Vertu mobile phone. A snappily dressed flunky named Mohammed pushes a wheelchair, in which she occasionally chooses to park her derriere.

This regal creature, who invariably has her face veiled, always wears a black burka, sometimes with gold silk stitching or a jewelled trim. Underneath, you can catch a glimpse of designer shoes with five-inch killer heels. Occasionally, she stretches out an arm to reveal a gem-studded Rolex and a wristful of gold jewellery. The apparently wealthy woman calls herself Sara Al Amoudi. She claims to be 31 years old, though others say she’s 43. She has dark brown hair, greenish eyes and appears to wear a lot of make-up. Oh, and for most of the past month, she has been at the centre of one of the most sordid and downright surreal court cases in living memory.

The trial, which has just finished its third week, revolves around an alleged £14 million property fraud in which Ms Al Amoudi — who is widely known as ‘the Vamp in the Veil’ — stands accused of posing as a Saudi princess. She assumed the false identity, according to her opponents, to conduct a ‘very accomplished’ con trick in which a middle-aged couple, one of whom is a friend of the Duke of Gloucester, were duped out of six high-end properties in London’s Knightsbridge. So far, so straightforward.

Yet as the high-stakes civil proceedings have progressed, the ‘Vamp in the Veil’ case has grown increasingly strange and sleazy. On Wednesday, for example, Ms Al Amoudi attempted to prove that she is incredibly wealthy — and presumably therefore does not need to defraud anyone — by insisting, under oath, that she spent almost £1 million on perfume in just a few weeks. ‘I have a problem with shopping,’ she declared. ‘In the past two months, my perfume, only the perfume … $1.4 million (£912,000). I can show you the pictures.’

At the centre of these dizzying claims and counter claims there sits a huge unanswered question: Who exactly is this woman? For, as proceedings have progressed, it has become apparent that no one is entirely sure. For example, several acquaintances have told the court that for years Al Amoudi has described herself as a Saudi royal. She had talked of being the estranged wife of King Abdullah, the country’s monarch. Yet in her own evidence to court this week, Al Amoudi — who has produced no credible birth, marriage or other document confirming her identity — denied having made such a claim.

A former boyfriend once told reporters that she spoke of being Osama Bin Laden’s daughter, claimed to be a friend of Kate Moss, and talked of dating two Hollywood film stars — Irish former hellraiser Colin Farrell and Gladiator star Joaquin Phoenix — as well as former Arsenal footballer Freddie Ljunberg. However, there is no evidence of her having any link to the Bin Laden family, and none of the supposed celebrity acquaintances will admit to having anything to do with her.

Then there is the question of the source of Ms Al Amoudi’s apparent wealth.She says she has existed thanks to a £100,000 weekly allowance, sent by her family in the form of suitcases filled with banknotes. Yet one of the two plaintiffs in the fraud case alleged this week that Al Amoudi earns her crust as a high-class prostitute, who for years worked from a £750,000 flat, with two sisters, yards from Harrods. ‘Far from being Saudi Arabian princesses, they were all prostitutes,’ she said, claiming that the women would trawl Harrods in search of clients. Asked about that allegation in court, Al Amoudi claimed ‘in the name of Allah’ to be ‘a good Muslim woman’.

In court on Tuesday, she claimed that her wealth was genuine, citing her expenditure on perfume as evidence. Yet the very next day, despite her luxury cars and huge entourage of employees, she suddenly declared herself ‘broke’, telling the judge: ‘I don’t have anything!’ It was a typically odd moment in a surreal three days during which Al Amoudi gave evidence to the court. She had agreed to remove her veil in court, but sat behind a wall of document files, so that her face was invisible to most of the onlookers.

Often (but not always) she adopted a heavy Middle Eastern accent. On several occasions, Al Amoudi insisted she could barely understand proceedings and needed to speak through an interpreter — only to break into eloquent English moments later. At one such point, the court dissolved into laughter when the opposition counsel thanked her for suddenly being ‘fluent in English again’.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post

From God we came, to him we return. May her soul rest in peace.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
She arrives ... in a black Rolls-Royce Phantom with a personalised number plate bearing the initials ‘HRH’. As cameras flash, a team of Middle Eastern security guards descend from a Range Rover to help her ...... her £50,000 diamond-encrusted luxury Vertu mobile phone........

.....always wears a black burka, sometimes with gold silk stitching or a jewelled trim. ....a glimpse of designer shoes with five-inch killer heels. ....she stretches out an arm to reveal a gem-studded Rolex and a wristful of gold jewellery. ....and appears to wear a lot of make-up.

The trial, which has just finished its third week, revolves around an alleged £14 million property fraud in which Ms Al Amoudi ......stands accused of posing as a Saudi princess. She assumed the false identity......
......Ms Al Amoudi attempted to prove that she is incredibly wealthy — and presumably therefore does not need to defraud anyone — by insisting, under oath, that she spent almost £1 million on perfume in just a few weeks.

She says she has existed thanks to a £100,000 weekly allowance, sent by her family in the form of suitcases filled with banknotes............Yet the very next day, despite her luxury cars and huge entourage of employees, she suddenly declared herself ‘broke’, telling the judge: ‘I don’t have anything!’ .
There are no words to make a statement to such a person ..... This lady really makes me speechless......If she is indeed someone with a noble lineage or born into a rich family, she should better hide her wealth, do not show an exaggerated manner and avoid to behave in dramatic way in public. It seems she has more of a confidence trickster than to be a princess or royal member.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Royal Highness

Well, at least this "Vamp in the Veil" produced a highly interesting story for dailymail-readers ;-)
I fully agree that she does not possess any royal discretion & manners and her veil is probably more a disguise than a sign of religious devotion...
Old 07-28-2013, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
This is the follow-up to a story that was first raised in this thread back in June & July 2010.

Sara Al Amoudi: Is she a Saudi princess - or a prostitute? | Mail Online
26 July 2013

The Vamp in the Veil: Is she a Saudi princess - or a prostitute?
As the High Court is gripped by wild tales, what is the truth about Sara Al Amoudi?

She arrives at the High Court in London each morning in a black Rolls-Royce Phantom with a personalised number plate bearing the initials ‘HRH’. As cameras flash, a team of Middle Eastern security guards descend from a Range Rover to help her cross five yards of pavement to the building’s revolving front door. Some are entrusted with her handbag. Others look after her £50,000 diamond-encrusted luxury Vertu mobile phone. A snappily dressed flunky named Mohammed pushes a wheelchair, in which she occasionally chooses to park her derriere.
I am surprised to learn that this particular Saudi Princess has not presented a diplomatic passport with a smug face.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I am surprised to learn that this particular Saudi Princess has not presented a diplomatic passport with a smug face.
As we learnt from the article, the lady had no documents of identity while she was on trial before court..... Maybe her passport does not fit with the color of her outfit and so she decided not to carry the passport with her on this important public occasion.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
As we learnt from the article, the lady had no documents of identity while she was on trial before court..... Maybe her passport does not fit with the color of her outfit and so she decided not to carry the passport with her on this important public occasion.
I suggest she should start wearing emerald green if she is Saudi
Good look for her tanned skin, I am sure she would look fantastic with a dark green dress or abaya ;-)
. Helen Keller
Old 07-29-2013, 06:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I suggest she should start wearing emerald green if she is Saudi Good look for her tanned skin,....
It is believed she is Sudanese. But there is no real, official confirmation.

However, I fear that nationality or origin seems to be not decisive in the case of these woman, but rather the question of her mental state. I'm sorry to have to say that about someone I do not know. However, the former and recent statements of her lead to no other conclusion. I wonder how the further development will be in this strange case?

Old 07-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Royal Highness

If she is a Sudanese citizen, this story is wrong in the "Saudi Princess" thread....to be honest, I could not care less about this woman, no matter who she is or where she comes from.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If she is a Sudanese citizen, this story is wrong in the "Saudi Princess" thread....
Right, but at the moment there is no official confirmation of her actual ancestry. Unfortunately, she has claimed both as a member of the Saudi royal family, as well as a daughter of various wealthy Arab or Sudanese men.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Aristocracy

This woman is mentally ill.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

New findings in the case Meshael Al Ayban, who is married with a Saudi prince.
Attorneys for a Saudi Arabian princess offered a starkly different take on the life of a Kenyan domestic servant who prosecutors said was forced to work. The servant’s living situation that contrasted sharply with what has emerged from prosecutors and police. Maid of jailed Saudi princess 'lived in luxury':

Maid of jailed Saudi princess 'lived in luxury' | GulfNews.com

Old 08-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness

I strongly doubt the fairytale of Meshael Al Ayban“s attorney....I have been to several countries in the ME and I never met a housemaid who lived "in luxury" as the newspaper article wants to make us believe. Some people treat their workers with respect and give them reasonable wages and decent working conditions, but they do not have the same living standard like their employer.
. Helen Keller
Old 08-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

It is standard defence tactics for any rich person who is accused of wrongdoing by a private assistant, secretary or servant. The Saudi Princess' counsel attempts to show how ungrateful this maid is. So far it appears the maid's lies are more truth-looking.
On a different note ... I wonder why Meshael Al Ayban did not have a diplomatic passport that would make her legal troubles disappear.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:08 AM
Royal Highness

IF the story about her "Life in luxury" was true, the maids would not run away but kiss the feet of her employer who allows her to enjoy such a high standard of living. Maids and low-skilled workers in general are usually paid modest wages, so if they were treated to a life of luxury they would otherwise not be able to afford,they would certainly do everything to keep that job!
. Helen Keller
Old 08-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is standard defence tactics for any rich person who is accused of wrongdoing by a private assistant, secretary or servant. The Saudi Princess' counsel attempts to show how ungrateful this maid is. ....
Quote:
IF the story about her "Life in luxury" was true, the maids would not run away but kiss the feet of her employer who allows her to enjoy such a high standard of living. Maids and low-skilled workers in general are usually paid modest wages, so if they were treated to a life of luxury they would otherwise not be able to afford,they would certainly do everything to keep that job!

The attorneys have provided evidence that the housemaid always traveled together with the family first-class. Also their work contracts, salary and their workload does not differ from the usual agreements in the region. That was basically everything. Media tend to formulate things exaggerated.

Predominantly the maids have very personal reasons why they just run away during a stay abroad. Often this has nothing to do with the family for whom they work.

Interesting for me is rather the legal question: Are the Saudi labor contracts automatically valid abroad (I would say: yes, they are) or must the work agreements be modified, especially for a (longer) stay? Is there any differences in this matter in different countries? I“m stumped for an answer.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, stop the nonsense. They treat everyone, except themselves like second class citizens. People run away because they are frightened and unhappy. The regions treatment of human beings is less than acceptable. In places where humans must be treated as humans, their contracts, probably are not valid. Women in the ME are treated like .....less than we would accept. Look in the mirror. People run away because they have miserable lives and are unhappy. The contracts are just a legalistic smoke screen.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I am still waiting to hear a legitimate reason for an employer to sieze an employees passport.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just junk for the employers to force an employee into their servitude. Life of luxury???? Really, who except the poor are signing up for this great life???

Tags
saudi princess, saudi royals