Death of King Fahd bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: August 1, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Jennifer

Moderator Emeritus
City
DMV Region
Country
United States
King Fahd of Saudi Arabia dies

Monday, 1 August 2005, 07:21 GMT 08:21 UK

Reports from Saudi Arabia say that King Fahd has died....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4734175.stm

Saudi King Fahd dead

Monday, August 1, 2005; Posted: 3:26 a.m. EDT (07:26 GMT)

(CNN) -- Saudi Arabia's King Fahd -- whose reign was marked by unprecedented prosperity, but whose close ties with the United States stirred the passions of Islamic militants -- has died, Saudi officials announced Monday. He was 82.....
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/08/01/fahd.obit/index.html

Saudi King Fahd has died

BREAKING NEWS
sourceAP.gif
Updated: 3:27 a.m. ET Aug. 1, 2005
This is a developing story and details will be added as they become available.

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia’s ruler, King Fahd, died early Monday in Riyadh, Saudi state TV announced and three officials told The Associated Press.....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8782793/

Last edited:
Death Of King Fahd

It has just been reported on the TV news here in Sydney that HM King Fahd has died.

This is indeed a great lost to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We lost the Custodian to the Two Holy Mosques. My condolences go to his widow Princess Jawhara Binti Ibrahim al-Ibrahim, the new King Abdullah Ibn Abd Aziz, the new Crown Prince Sultan and the entire members of Saudi Royal House as well as to all people of Saudi Arabia.

May he rest in peace.

When my alarm clock went off it said that the royal family announced on saudi tv that king fahd was dead. That was the first thing I heard this morning when I woke up.

so who will be the next King and Queen of Saudi Arabia ?? any pics?

the former Corwn Prince, ABdullah is the King. I don't know about anyone being delcared Queen. ALso Abdullah is in his seventies so I wonder how long will he be king?

:confused: I saw it on Good Morning America. Is the King Abdullah a nice guy? Why did his half brother take over?? Sorry the questions the only thing I know about Saudi Arabia is oil.
Here is one pic of the new king from Getty.

Attachments

• 52771790.jpg
    52771790.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 417
He's is his half borther, they are sons of the same father.

was him the one who was in hospital not long ago?
my condolences...

my condolences to the family and to Saudi Arabia.

I have a general question: why pass on to half-brothers/brothers? why not sons? is it wise to have an aged crown prince?

I did hear in TV that prince Charles will attend the funeral , do any one know if there are any other royals will be there .

madonna23 said:

I have a general question: why pass on to half-brothers/brothers? why not sons? is it wise to have an aged crown prince?

I heard in TV that in constitution that who should be the king must be the fittest one of the sons of the founder of the kingdom , and who became the king must chose one of his brothers as crown prince .

how is the current crown prince related to the new king? are they also brothers?

Khalifa offer condolences on Fahd's death

carlota said:
was him the one who was in hospital not long ago?
my condolences...

Yes. King Fahd, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, has been in and out of the hospital in recent months.

May his soul rest in peace.

http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=WAM%2FWamLocEnews%2FW-T-LEN-FullNews&c=WamLocEnews&cid=1122884424823&p=1041248621847
Khalifa to offer condolences on Fahd's death

Aug 1, 2005 - 06:47 - Khalifa to offer condolences on Fahd's death Abu Dhabi, 1 Aug.05 (WAM) -- President H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan is to leave tomorrow (Tuesday) to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Sheikh Khalifa, who will lead a high level official delegation.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
how is the current crown prince related to the new king? are they also brothers?

yes , the new crown prince is the half brother of the new king .

thanx houri.
I forgot to ask this before, where will the late king be buried?

In the al aoad cemetery in the capital and it is the same cemetery that the graves of his brothers and father in .

Relations

houri said:
yes , the new crown prince is the half brother of the new king .

I might add that the new Crown Prince Sultan is the full brother of the late King Fahd.

Photo courtesy of Getty
31st August 1945: Five sons of King Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia board a plane at Herne Airport in Hampshire. They are the Amir Faisal (later King Faisal), Amir Mohammed, Amir Fahd (later King Fahd), Amir Abdullah Al Faisal and Amir Nawaf. On the left is the Saudi Ambassador in London.
(Photo by William Vanderson/Fox Photos/Getty Images) People: King Faisal Ibn Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia;King Fahd Ibn Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia;King Abdullah Ibn Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia;Prince Nawaf Ibn Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia

Attachments

• When they were young 31Aug1945.jpg
    When they were young 31Aug1945.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 380

Attachments

• f7.jpg
    f7.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 434
are they using half brothers because their father had multiple wives?

Harry's polo shirt said:
wow..so does the line of kings go down brothers or sons?

Thus far each King has been a son of Abdul Aziz, the 'founder' of the dynasty. As per a 1992 decree, the King can choose and withdraw a crown prince. The decree also states that second generation princes -- the grandsons of Abdul Aziz -- are legitimate candidates.

madonna23 said:

Throne tends to be passed on by age from amongst the legitimate candidates.

Back
Top Bottom