Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud & Princess Ameerah 2: 2011-2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this hasn´t been posted before-picture from November 2012,Ameera is talking with Sheikh Mohammed from Dubai:In pictures: Sheikh Mohammed's 2012 - The National

Well about me I didn’t see it before ,, And it very Nice interesting one , Much drove me to search on ;)
,, Thank you for posting

here more pics of the event
1- http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/myfiles/Images/2012/11/26/me09.jpg
2- http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1...59.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_475/3934494259.jpg
3- http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1...42.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_475/4155854742.jpg

EENI Global Business School, Spain Awards Prince Alwaleed his 23rd Honorary Degree
...The ceremony took place in the presence of HH Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel, Vice Chairwoman and Secretary General of Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation that is chaired by HRH, Dr. Nahla Nasser Alanbar, Private Executive Assistant to HRH the Chairman and Dr. Khalid Almansour, Advisor to HRH. The ceremony was also attended by HE Mr. Xavier Villamayor, Vice Mayor of Tarragona's City Council, Mrs. Susana Fernandez, Director of International Relations at EENI, Mrs Nuria Bosch, Director of Human Resources at EENI and Mrs. Maria Aparicio, Academic Director of International Tenders Area at EENI...

I believe this hasn´t been posted before-picture from November 2012,Ameera is talking with Sheikh Mohammed from Dubai:In pictures: Sheikh Mohammed's 2012 - The National

Found a video for that event:

Al Waleed Foundation channel also has a video of Ameera´s speech from the Third Arab Women Leadership Forum, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai.

Her another one from the official news (TV) news:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y0rMvyx4f4
Notice how all Ameera-videos get a lot of dislikes?What is specially surprising to me is the fact that most people who critisice her are female...

Last edited:
:previous:Last Eid she tweeted that she was a bit bored and asked what everyone is doing in their Eid, that tweet generated the hashtag in Arabic "Ameera Altaweel is bored", you should have seen the amount of jealousy was in that hashtag commenting on she can't be possibly bored when you have a gigantic bank account, most of them were females, while males made some funny extravagant suggestions like donating for them to kill some time ..

Oh, I didn´t know that!That´s really mean!
I understand if people make silly jokes,it´s alright to make funny/ironic remarks -only hateful and rude attacks are annoying me and give a very bad image of the person who is making them.
So yes,she is rich and enormously beautiful,Ameera has a more glamouros life than us,but it doesn´t give us a right to say bad stuff about her. Critisising is alright-as long as it´s fair and polite,only by erasing our deficits and weaknesses we can improve and become better and more efficient people.
Do you believe that the princess is priliminary attacked for her wealth,her beauty (jealousy!) or because she doesn´t wear the veil (only in KSA) and is in the public spotlight?

I agree with you, most of those whomade mean and hateful comments didn't have their real pictures as their display pic or even their actual names so it's more comfortable for them to sit behind their screens and spread the negativity. it irritates me when women become so hard on each other honestly!

She expressed that she was surprised and didn't expect her tweet to become a hash tag and create all the buzz. A very funny suggestion was to install a swing on the top of AlMamlaka Tower (if you see how it's designed you'll get it):lol:

Most of the mean comments were made on her wealth, the space of freedom she has because its not a secret that Alwaleed was raised in Lebanon (and half lebanese as well) so he is more on the open-minded side than the other princes.
She was criticized by some prominent individuals in Saudi Arabia for making public appearances without wearing the veil.

Last edited:
That´s interesting,thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Indeed,a swing on the top of AlMamlaka Tower would be a great idea,she would have the best view of the city ;-) But it must be quite windy up there... :owl:
You know what we say in Europe-that if the man/husband is very powerful they attack the wife vicariously because they want to avoid an open confrontation.
So they might say that she doesn´t have a decent lifestyle,she is wearing strange clothes,she is ugly/fat/stupid etc.- Anything to damage her reputation will also decrease his standing and weaken his position.I believe that AlWaleeds modern ideas,his way of living,his support for women´s rights and acceptance of other monotheistic religions makes him an enemy/traitor in the eyes of many Saudis.Furthermore he is said to be the richest man of KSA,he is succesful in business and also has a beautiful young wife-so that makes other men jealous as well....

Last edited:
Well,it was only written in the Daily mail which is often dubbed as the "Daily Fail",I don´t believe that the Prince is wasting his time with such things.

It's not just the Daily Mail who's reporting this. From the BBC:

BBC News - Forbes list understates my wealth, Saudi prince says

Forbes say the Prince has been going to great lengths over the years to have them rank him higher in the list. The Prince's office even confirmed his disatisfation with his place on the list. From the BBC article:
"We have worked very openly with the Forbes team over the years and have on multiple occasions pointed out problems with their methodology that need correction," Shadi Sanbar, chief financial officer of Kingdom Holding Company, which the prince owns, said in a statement.

"However, after several years of our efforts to correct mistakes falling on deaf ears, we have decided that Forbes has no intention of improving the accuracy of their valuation of our holdings and we have made the decision to move on."

This whole thing makes the Prince look truly awful. Unhappy at being considered only the 26th richest person in the world with a fortune of $20bn, he wants to be in the top 10. A little bit of class wouldn't go amiss.

Well,that´s true,it doesn´t give a good reflection of his character if the story is true.But its not a crime,there are really unlawful things happening in the world which should evoke more concern and outrage than this story-like wars,sexual violence,extreme poverty or corruption.
Other ppl would prefer to stay under the radar and be considered less rich than they are nowadays for several reasons. (Tax evasion,avoiding hate from ppl who have less or because you are afraid that the people around them are only nice because of your wealth and status.)

Last edited:
Alwaleed Foundation launches women’s initiative
...The ceremony started with a welcoming speech by Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel, vice chairwoman and secretary general, and was followed by a presentation of the initiative’s goals and achievements by Nora Al-Malki, executive manager of development projects at Alwaleed Foundation.

Saudi prince: Letting women drive means fewer foreign workers
A Saudi prince has renewed his argument that women should be allowed to drive, saying on Twitter that doing so would eliminate the need for hundreds of thousands of foreign drivers.
Activists point out that driving is not actually legally prohibited for Saudi women, but traffic officials refuse to grant them licenses because clerics in the country forbid it. As a result, women rely on drivers to ferry them around, one of many factors pulling foreign workers into the Arab kingdom.

It just makes women second class citizens, they cannot go or do on their own. Driving, of course, is not prohibited if you don't care about how you are attacked for doing it.

It just makes women second class citizens, they cannot go or do on their own. Driving, of course, is not prohibited if you don't care about how you are attacked for doing it.

Prince Al Waleed has ALWAYS supported and encouraged women of KSA in every way he could - he gave them good jobs,the opportunity to become a pilot or take other jobs that were not seemed appropriate for women and he is doing as much as he can to change the general view on women in KSA!However, he is not in a position to change the laws of the country or overrule the government that is thinking very differently from him. You must understand that he is in a difficult position too and he & Ameera often get attacked for their modern views and wishes to transform the society into a more human 21st century-nation.Their thoughts and initiatives are seen by many as anti-Islamic/westernised ideas that are threatening the fundamentalist religious views and traditions.

The driving ban is completely against any Islamic teaching and has no ground in Quran - IMO it is only a way to humiliate and keep down women. The women of KSA are extremely interested in education and they are also becoming more and more ambitious and hungry for change,however it is a very traditional country and big changes in society are only going very very slowly...

The driving ban is completely against any Islamic teaching and has no ground in Quran - IMO it is only a way to humiliate and keep down women. The women of KSA are extremely interested in education and they are also becoming more and more ambitious and hungry for change,however it is a very traditional country and big changes in society are only going very very slowly...

I agree with you, I happen to know a few Saudi girls and all of them are intelligent, independent and hard working!! their families are also supportive and encourage them to peruse a career. It's a shame they have to live by such regulations when they go back to their homeland!

That´s the same impression I got, the Saudi girls and women I met seemed quite intelligent and level-headed, it is a shame that in many magazines and films they are shown as if they were only interested in money and shopping...of course, like most women they like beautiful things and they enjoy shopping. It is not the most important thing in their life,it is just one of the things they like to do with their female friends in their free time. It might be that a few ladies go shopping because they are not allowed to work if they have a very strict father/husband who believes that the only good job for decent women is motherhood.
I guess in some cases it is just pure jealousy when Western women say "Oh,the Saudi women only like to go shopping luxury brands, they are shallow and superficial etc." because they can not buy the same stuff or not in the same quantities that rich Saudi women can afford.
Nevertheless when we say that we are against the driving ban we are just concerned because we believe that women and man should have the same chances to a good life and driving is seen as something completely normal and necessary for modern life.

Last edited:
Oh, what a provocative headline, I am afraid that Ameera will face a lot of criticism because of it! What she said in her speech was quite thoughtful and true, but I guess many people will pick on that speech without reading it or thinking about the deeper meaning of her message...

Princess Ameeara is also in Morocco she attends ANAPEC event yesterday
Entrepreneuriat social : Encore du chemin à faire au Maroc
http://i42.tinypic.com/fxurf9.jpg
its amusing to see a lot of lovely ladies in Morocco in same time Sheikha Mozah,Sheikha Fatima and now Ameerah:)

Guess you were at the right place at the right time :D
I was hoping for seeing another picture of Ameera in a creative Moroccan Caftan, but even without a caftan she looked beautiful as always.

Ameera seems to be attending the "Congress of Women" in Warsaw/Poland at the moment, she tweeted
"I am very inspired by how women support each other in Poland & how women leaders discuss equal right openly & boldly".
You can read more of her tweets at https://twitter.com/AmeerahAltaweeL She is very active, writes about every event she is attending and also posts some pictures :)

Old news on Princess Ameerah

Polish First Lady Anna Komorowska (R) meets with Saudi Arabia Princess Ameera bint Aidan bin Nayef Al-Taweel (L) at the Belvedere Palace in Warsaw, Poland, 14 June 2013.

Picture

and still in Poland from another event

Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom