The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States > Royal Family of Saudi Arabia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
It just makes women second class citizens, they cannot go or do on their own. Driving, of course, is not prohibited if you don't care about how you are attacked for doing it.
Prince Al Waleed has ALWAYS supported and encouraged women of KSA in every way he could - he gave them good jobs,the opportunity to become a pilot or take other jobs that were not seemed appropriate for women and he is doing as much as he can to change the general view on women in KSA!However, he is not in a position to change the laws of the country or overrule the government that is thinking very differently from him. You must understand that he is in a difficult position too and he & Ameera often get attacked for their modern views and wishes to transform the society into a more human 21st century-nation.Their thoughts and initiatives are seen by many as anti-Islamic/westernised ideas that are threatening the fundamentalist religious views and traditions.

The driving ban is completely against any Islamic teaching and has no ground in Quran - IMO it is only a way to humiliate and keep down women. The women of KSA are extremely interested in education and they are also becoming more and more ambitious and hungry for change,however it is a very traditional country and big changes in society are only going very very slowly...

. Helen Keller
Old 05-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
The driving ban is completely against any Islamic teaching and has no ground in Quran - IMO it is only a way to humiliate and keep down women. The women of KSA are extremely interested in education and they are also becoming more and more ambitious and hungry for change,however it is a very traditional country and big changes in society are only going very very slowly...
I agree with you, I happen to know a few Saudi girls and all of them are intelligent, independent and hard working!! their families are also supportive and encourage them to peruse a career. It's a shame they have to live by such regulations when they go back to their homeland!

Old 05-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

Thatīs the same impression I got, the Saudi girls and women I met seemed quite intelligent and level-headed, it is a shame that in many magazines and films they are shown as if they were only interested in money and shopping...of course, like most women they like beautiful things and they enjoy shopping. It is not the most important thing in their life,it is just one of the things they like to do with their female friends in their free time. It might be that a few ladies go shopping because they are not allowed to work if they have a very strict father/husband who believes that the only good job for decent women is motherhood.
I guess in some cases it is just pure jealousy when Western women say "Oh,the Saudi women only like to go shopping luxury brands, they are shallow and superficial etc." because they can not buy the same stuff or not in the same quantities that rich Saudi women can afford.
Nevertheless when we say that we are against the driving ban we are just concerned because we believe that women and man should have the same chances to a good life and driving is seen as something completely normal and necessary for modern life.
. Helen Keller
Old 05-27-2013, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Saudi Princess says men are too afraid to allow women's rights - Culture & Society - ArabianBusiness.com
Old 05-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, what a provocative headline, I am afraid that Ameera will face a lot of criticism because of it! What she said in her speech was quite thoughtful and true, but I guess many people will pick on that speech without reading it or thinking about the deeper meaning of her message...
. Helen Keller
Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Princess Ameeara is also in Morocco she attends ANAPEC event yesterday
Entrepreneuriat social : Encore du chemin ā faire au Maroc
http://i42.tinypic.com/fxurf9.jpg
its amusing to see alot of lovely ladies in Morocco in same time Sheikha Mozah,Sheikha Fatima and now Ameerah
Old 06-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
Princess Ameeara is also in Morocco she attends ANAPEC event yesterday
Entrepreneuriat social : Encore du chemin ā faire au Maroc
http://i42.tinypic.com/fxurf9.jpg
its amusing to see a lot of lovely ladies in Morocco in same time Sheikha Mozah,Sheikha Fatima and now Ameerah
Guess you were at the right place at the right time
I was hoping for seeing another picture of Ameera in a creative Moroccan Caftan, but even without a caftan she looked beautiful as always.

Ameera seems to be attending the "Congress of Women" in Warsaw/Poland at the moment, she tweeted
"I am very inspired by how women support each other in Poland & how women leaders discuss equal right openly & boldly".
You can read more of her tweets at https://twitter.com/AmeerahAltaweeL She is very active, writes about every event she is attending and also posts some pictures
. Helen Keller
Old 07-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Defiant and wary, Saudi's Prince Al Waleed in London court
The Saudi billionaire Prince Al Waleed bin Talal was urged by a judge to reach a settlement in a high-profile British legal case involving a decade-long dispute over a private jet.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Old news on Princess Ameerah

Polish First Lady Anna Komorowska (R) meets with Saudi Arabia Princess Ameera bint Aidan bin Nayef Al-Taweel (L) at the Belvedere Palace in Warsaw, Poland, 14 June 2013.

Picture

and still in Poland from another event

Picture
Old 09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Nobility

Alwaleed Says He Will Not Be Selling A Single Share

Read more: Prince Alwaleed won't sell twitter shares in ipo - Business Insider
Old 09-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Ameerah attended the First Ladies Luncheon - Fashion 4 Development to Unite Diplomacy and Fashion at the Pierre Hotel in New York City on September 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Commoner

Is it true that Princess Ameerah and Prince Al-Waleed have divorced?! There are lots of rumours going around.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieprk View Post
Is it true that Princess Ameerah and Prince Al-Waleed have divorced?! There are lots of rumours going around.
i have heard that princess ameerah had a surgery done so she couldn't have children I wonder what happens if she is divorced....

I wonder what ameerah would get if they did divorce.

were did you hear these rumors
Old 11-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcrackle View Post
i have heard that princess ameerah had a surgery done so she couldn't have children I wonder what happens if she is divorced....
What surgery? She had a tumour on her uterus?
As for not having children - it shouldn't matter to him; he has already children and grandchildren as is not already young.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 11: HRH Princess Ameera bint Aidan bin Nayef Al-Taweel of Saudi Arabia, wife of Prince al-Waleed bin Talal, attends the Glamour Magazine 23rd annual Women Of The Year gala on November 11, 2013 in New York, United States.
(Photo by Taylor Hill/FilmMagic)

Gettyimages.com gallery
Old 11-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcrackle View Post

I wonder what ameerah would get if they did divorce.

were did you hear these rumors
Is she a Princess by blood?? Or only by marriage?
I thought that all women in Saudi Arabia have the obligation of hijab, but apparently she does not.

I wonder if she divorces and if she is not a Princess by blood, if she will manage to have the same freedon of life she has now. Of course all these are IFs....i wish her to live a happy marriage, she is very beautiful and seems very smart.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Aristocracy

She is "princess" by marriage. Most photos of her are taken outside Saudi Arabia or at home so this probably the one reason you donīt see her wearing much hijab.
Example these photos should have taken in Saudi Arabia public places.
http://www.alwaleedfoundations.org/s...une-2011-E.jpg
http://s.alriyadh.com/2012/01/06/img/045760632752.jpg
http://limg.4cdn.co/site-images/site...t=slider-large
http://cdn.shagab.com/wp-content/upl...012/12/001.jpg
Old 11-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Banchelor for pics and explanation.
So she does wear hijab, when it is needed.
Anyway, hijab or not, she is stunning.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

the fourth SMEs Day conference and exhibition in Bahrain
Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
The conference was also attended by Council of Arab Businesswomen president Shaikha Hessa bint Saad Abdullah Salem Al Sabah, Saudi Arabian Princess Ameerah Al Taweel, Professional and Businesswomen Club Bahrain Chapter president Shaikha Hind bint Salman Al Khalifa and Bahrain SMEs Society president Dr Abdul Hassan Al Dairi.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Is she a Princess by blood?? Or only by marriage?
I thought that all women in Saudi Arabia have the obligation of hijab, but apparently she does not.

I wonder if she divorces and if she is not a Princess by blood, if she will manage to have the same freedon of life she has now. Of course all these are IFs....i wish her to live a happy marriage, she is very beautiful and seems very smart.
She is divorced from Prince Al Waleed.

Royal Saudi couple’s divorce is ‘amicable’ | Page Six

Tags
prince al-waleed, prince al-waleed bin talal, princess ameerah