The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States > Royal Family of Saudi Arabia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
Meeting at Al-Waleed bin Talal Foundation
http://i49.tinypic.com/71hc2p.jpg
Very Nice Pic ,, Thank you Lilo

Old 02-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Royal Highness

I believe this hasn´t been posted before-picture from November 2012,Ameera is talking with Sheikh Mohammed from Dubai:In pictures: Sheikh Mohammed's 2012 - The National

Old 02-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I believe this hasn´t been posted before-picture from November 2012,Ameera is talking with Sheikh Mohammed from Dubai:In pictures: Sheikh Mohammed's 2012 - The National
Well about me I didn’t see it before ,, And it very Nice interesting one , Much drove me to search on
,, Thank you for posting

here more pics of the event
1- http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/myfil...11/26/me09.jpg
2- http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.11...3934494259.jpg
3- http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/1.11...4155854742.jpg
Old 02-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

A royal meeting: Saudi prince meets business giant at London's Savoy
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), met with Bill Gates, co-founder and chairman of Microsoft and CEO, Cascade Investment, LLC and co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation at The Savoy Hotel, during the prince’s visit to London.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Royal Highness

Silly me is thinking what a beautiful couple Sheikh Hamdan and Ameera would be But it´s too late...
Does anyone know what the event was about,which topics were discussed?
. Helen Keller
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Silly me is thinking what a beautiful couple Sheikh Hamdan and Ameera would be But it´s too late...
Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Does anyone know what the event was about,which topics were discussed?
OMG ,, I had same idea :-) ,,, the event was for 3rd Arab women leadership forum in Dubai
Here the article
Saudi Gazette - 3rd Arab Women Leadership Forum in Dubai
Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

EENI Global Business School, Spain Awards Prince Alwaleed his 23rd Honorary Degree
...The ceremony took place in the presence of HH Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel, Vice Chairwoman and Secretary General of Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundation that is chaired by HRH, Dr. Nahla Nasser Alanbar, Private Executive Assistant to HRH the Chairman and Dr. Khalid Almansour, Advisor to HRH. The ceremony was also attended by HE Mr. Xavier Villamayor, Vice Mayor of Tarragona's City Council, Mrs. Susana Fernandez, Director of International Relations at EENI, Mrs Nuria Bosch, Director of Human Resources at EENI and Mrs. Maria Aparicio, Academic Director of International Tenders Area at EENI...
Old 03-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Found a video for that event:

Al Waleed Foundation channel also has a video of Ameera´s speech from the Third Arab Women Leadership Forum, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai.

Her another one from the official news (TV)

Notice how all Ameera-videos get a lot of dislikes?What is specially surprising to me is the fact that most people who critisice her are female...
. Helen Keller
Old 03-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Nobility

Last Eid she tweeted that she was a bit bored and asked what everyone is doing in their Eid, that tweet generated the hashtag in Arabic "Ameera Altaweel is bored", you should have seen the amount of jealousy was in that hashtag commenting on she can't be possibly bored when you have a gigantic bank account, most of them were females, while males made some funny extravagant suggestions like donating for them to kill some time ..
Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

Oh, I didn´t know that!That´s really mean!
I understand if people make silly jokes,it´s alright to make funny/ironic remarks -only hateful and rude attacks are annoying me and give a very bad image of the person who is making them.
So yes,she is rich and enormously beautiful,Ameera has a more glamouros life than us,but it doesn´t give us a right to say bad stuff about her. Critisising is alright-as long as it´s fair and polite,only by erasing our deficits and weaknesses we can improve and become better and more efficient people.
Do you believe that the princess is priliminary attacked for her wealth,her beauty (jealousy!) or because she doesn´t wear the veil (only in KSA) and is in the public spotlight?
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Nobility

I agree with you, most of those whomade mean and hateful comments didn't have their real pictures as their display pic or even their actual names so it's more comfortable for them to sit behind their screens and spread the negativity. it irritates me when women become so hard on each other honestly!

She expressed that she was surprised and didn't expect her tweet to become a hash tag and create all the buzz. A very funny suggestion was to install a swing on the top of AlMamlaka Tower (if you see how it's designed you'll get it)

Most of the mean comments were made on her wealth, the space of freedom she has because its not a secret that Alwaleed was raised in Lebanon (and half lebanese as well) so he is more on the open-minded side than the other princes.
She was criticized by some prominent individuals in Saudi Arabia for making public appearances without wearing the veil.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

That´s interesting,thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Indeed,a swing on the top of AlMamlaka Tower would be a great idea,she would have the best view of the city ;-) But it must be quite windy up there...
You know what we say in Europe-that if the man/husband is very powerful they attack the wife vicariously because they want to avoid an open confrontation.
So they might say that she doesn´t have a decent lifestyle,she is wearing strange clothes,she is ugly/fat/stupid etc.- Anything to damage her reputation will also decrease his standing and weaken his position.I believe that AlWaleeds modern ideas,his way of living,his support for women´s rights and acceptance of other monotheistic religions makes him an enemy/traitor in the eyes of many Saudis.Furthermore he is said to be the richest man of KSA,he is succesful in business and also has a beautiful young wife-so that makes other men jealous as well....
Old 03-06-2013, 04:05 AM
Aristocracy

Saudi prince to sue Forbes after they said he's 'only worth £13billion' (He says he's worth at least £20billion) | Mail Online

Quote:
*Prince Alwaleed bin Talal was number 26 on the magazine's list
*Forbes magazine says he is worth an estimated $20billion
*But the prince says that he is actually worth more like $29.6billion
*He has now severed all ties with the magazines annual list
Old 03-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Royal Highness

Well,it was only written in the Daily mail which is often dubbed as the "Daily Fail",I don´t believe that the Prince is wasting his time with such things.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's not just the Daily Mail who's reporting this. From the BBC:

BBC News - Forbes list understates my wealth, Saudi prince says

Forbes say the Prince has been going to great lengths over the years to have them rank him higher in the list. The Prince's office even confirmed his disatisfation with his place on the list. From the BBC article:
Quote:
"We have worked very openly with the Forbes team over the years and have on multiple occasions pointed out problems with their methodology that need correction," Shadi Sanbar, chief financial officer of Kingdom Holding Company, which the prince owns, said in a statement.

"However, after several years of our efforts to correct mistakes falling on deaf ears, we have decided that Forbes has no intention of improving the accuracy of their valuation of our holdings and we have made the decision to move on."
This whole thing makes the Prince look truly awful. Unhappy at being considered only the 26th richest person in the world with a fortune of $20bn, he wants to be in the top 10. A little bit of class wouldn't go amiss.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

Well,that´s true,it doesn´t give a good reflection of his character if the story is true.But its not a crime,there are really unlawful things happening in the world which should evoke more concern and outrage than this story-like wars,sexual violence,extreme poverty or corruption.
Other ppl would prefer to stay under the radar and be considered less rich than they are nowadays for several reasons. (Tax evasion,avoiding hate from ppl who have less or because you are afraid that the people around them are only nice because of your wealth and status.)
Old 03-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Alwaleed Foundation launches women’s initiative
...The ceremony started with a welcoming speech by Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel, vice chairwoman and secretary general, and was followed by a presentation of the initiative’s goals and achievements by Nora Al-Malki, executive manager of development projects at Alwaleed Foundation.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Saudi prince: Letting women drive means fewer foreign workers
A Saudi prince has renewed his argument that women should be allowed to drive, saying on Twitter that doing so would eliminate the need for hundreds of thousands of foreign drivers.
Activists point out that driving is not actually legally prohibited for Saudi women, but traffic officials refuse to grant them licenses because clerics in the country forbid it. As a result, women rely on drivers to ferry them around, one of many factors pulling foreign workers into the Arab kingdom.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

It just makes women second class citizens, they cannot go or do on their own. Driving, of course, is not prohibited if you don't care about how you are attacked for doing it.

Tags
prince al-waleed, prince al-waleed bin talal, princess ameerah