The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States > Royal Family of Saudi Arabia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Serene Highness

The World's Richest People

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/0RD0.html

Old 03-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Courtier

Caption:
Damascus, SYRIA: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad (R) and Saudi Prince al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz attend an inauguration ceremony for Damascus' first Four Seasons hotel, 22 March 2006. Prince al-Walid holds 65% of the Syrian-Saudi Company for Tourism and Investment which owns the Four Seasons, Syria's biggest hotel. AFP PHOTO/LOUAI BESHARA (Photo credit should read LOUAI BESHARA/AFP/Getty Images)

Pictures from GettyImages
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	57155097.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	234077   Click image for larger version

Name:	57155095.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	234078   Click image for larger version

Name:	57155092.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	234079   Click image for larger version

Name:	57155084.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	234080  

Name:	57155081.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	234081   Click image for larger version

Name:	57155062.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	234082  

Old 04-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Commoner

What do you mean she made fun of him? I dont have the book. Can you please explain. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simona
nevertheless, kholod is to blame she had everything as woman to herself only wishes, however makes fun of her husband (book Alwaleed page 175). Such a think should not act a wife. she knew on what she lets himslf. I ask myself like has Alwaleed stood it only so long time with her. and why selects Alwaleed only so young woman?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Commoner

She teased him and in the book, it is pretty clear that she is teasing and not "making fun" of him. He enjoys a good sense of humor and does not talk poorly about this. His hectic lifestyle would be hard for any person. However, he states very clearly that he feels that the reason for the divorce is that he does not want any more children. Basically, that was the last straw for her. He states time and time again that Khalood was a "very patient woman". He talks about her patience on many levels. It would be hard to be a 27 year old female to sacrifice ever having a child of her own. I believe that she did the best that she could in a difficult situation.
No one can understand the happenings in a marriage as it is private and between only the two people involved.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Alwaleed with Prime Minister of Pakistan, from Gettyimages and gulfnews.com
Alwaleed with President Bush of US, from http://www.libanmall.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HRH-&-President-of-Pakistan.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	239445   Click image for larger version

Name:	57366117.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	239446   Click image for larger version

Name:	57366113.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	239447   Click image for larger version

Name:	57366100.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	239448  

Name:	hrhhrhbush.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	239449  
Old 04-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranciscanFry
She teased him and in the book, it is pretty clear that she is teasing and not "making fun" of him. He enjoys a good sense of humor and does not talk poorly about this. His hectic lifestyle would be hard for any person. However, he states very clearly that he feels that the reason for the divorce is that he does not want any more children. Basically, that was the last straw for her. He states time and time again that Khalood was a "very patient woman". He talks about her patience on many levels. It would be hard to be a 27 year old female to sacrifice ever having a child of her own. I believe that she did the best that she could in a difficult situation.
No one can understand the happenings in a marriage as it is private and between only the two people involved.
Even if a woman endures patiently everything, nevertheless, she does not come along amusingly about her husband, but one could mean she has not loved him at all! Nevertheless, Kholood has known from the outset the Alwaleed no more children wants to have, why she has him then generally married? I believe Alwaleed no happy man is what women concerns, they look, nevertheless, certainly only after his money!
Old 04-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Even if a woman endures patiently everything, nevertheless, she does not come along amusingly about her husband, but one could mean she has not loved him at all! Nevertheless, Kholood has known from the outset the Alwaleed no more children wants to have, why she has him then generally married? I believe Alwaleed no happy man is what women concerns, they look, nevertheless, certainly only after his money!
Alwaleed has been married (and divorced) three times. His other two wives were of royalty. The money would mean less than his title to other ladies of his stature. I am married to a saudi man. I assure you that a little teasing does not mean that anyone married for money. In islam, teasing, laughing and enjoying one another is thought to be a good part of a marriage. It would be easy to attack a young woman of 27 who is not available to defend herself. I have a great deal of respect for alwaleed. However, he is honest that his last marriage ended because of him. A man who takes responsibility for his wrong-doings is a good man. He was quite evasive originally regarding the children topic. When discussing his marriage, he said that once he told her that he never wanted to have more children, it was over. Had she wanted him for only money, she would have stayed and endured a childless life.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 AM
Commoner

Certainly Alwaleed is a good and honest person. It is only a pity that he no luck has with women, maybe he looks after the wrong ones. Nevertheless, it must have dripped him that he reports about this banter in his book. Nevertheless, Kholood knew to begin to her marriage he no more children wants, why has Kholood generally married him then or has remained so long with him?
Of course it is also very sad for Kholood, such a thing should happen to no woman, I simply do not fancy her life after a this connection. Nevertheless, she is no woman from the royal family and will not simply have it certainly, if she still in Saudi Arabia lives. Hopefully she finds a man with them a family can found.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammar sulaiman
its official source my dear, or they (alwaleed ,father) said it.
khaled didnt get married
here some pictures of khaled al waleed in paris
http://khaledbinwaleed.KSA
Old 06-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannaelamira
khaled didnt get married
here some pictures of khaled al waleed in paris
http://khaledbinwaleed.KSA
Khalid did get married. I've seen the wedding pictures. Also, in Alwaleed's new book, khalid's fiance was mentioned and their wedding as well.. Khalid married a friend of Reem's. Reem introduced them..
Old 06-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Commoner

Yes Khalid is married I read the book. You can find pictures of him at this site. And I think the pic nr. 12 is the one with his wife Kholood? Correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.reportages-pictures.com/P...ce%20Alwaleed/
Old 06-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunya
Yes Khalid is married I read the book. You can find pictures of him at this site. And I think the pic nr. 12 is the one with his wife Kholood? Correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.reportages-pictures.com/P...ce%20Alwaleed/
Although I can't be sure because the picture is a side profile...pic no. 12 looks like it could be his sister.
I've seen a pic of his former wife, Khalood, and it doesn't really look like her
alwaleed has a strict rule about keeping his wives out of media photos. He says he does it out of Saudi tradition and respect..
Old 06-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Commoner

I don't know if someone posted this before. If you go to this site you can see an interesting video about alwaleed and the women working for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alwaleed_bin_Talal

You see at the end of the page EXTERNAL LINKS. Then click on A Dutch State television broadcast about Saudi woman with extensive footage of the Prince (Language=Dutch) .

It is a dutch video but the interview is in english. I think at the end it was so funny to see Alwaleed go through the Quran trying to find a verse that women can work. The journalist asked him if he can recite something but he calls for all his people and it become a whole mission.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Hi,
i look for a picture from Kholood in the yahoo groups (family picture), it is not a god picture. I think Kholood is beautyfull women. what make Kholood after her divorce from Prince Alwaleed?
You mean what made Khalood divorce Prince Alwaleed?

If that is the question, they divorced because she wanted children and he did not. Alwaleed says that this was "the straw that broke the camels back". Once this issue came between him, that was it.

He describes her as being very patient and a good person. She also had a very difficult time dealing with his schedule. His schedule is really really crazy and hard for a "normal" person to handle. After reading his book, his schedule made me tired. I could not marry him either :p
Old 06-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Courtier

Prince Alwaleed
6/26/06 - Pictures from profimedia.cz
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	42-17002654.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	252695   Click image for larger version

Name:	42-17002645.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	252698   Click image for larger version

Name:	42-17002639.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	252699   Click image for larger version

Name:	42-17002634.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	252702  

Name:	42-17002617.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	252703   Click image for larger version

Name:	42-17002613.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	252705   Click image for larger version

Name:	42-17002611.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	252706   Click image for larger version

Name:	42-17002602.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	252708  

Old 07-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Commoner

Has seen a foto from Alwaleed in Libanmall.com Latest news with a woman in his side. Is this his new woman?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Commoner

No I heard she is a singer or some kind of a celebrity. With all respect to the woman I don't think Alwaleed would marry that type of a woman. Well you would never know but from what I heard him say in interviews and his book it doesn't look like he would. And he doesn't go public with his wives.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunya
No I heard she is a singer or some kind of a celebrity. With all respect to the woman I don't think Alwaleed would marry that type of a woman. Well you would never know but from what I heard him say in interviews and his book it doesn't look like he would. And he doesn't go public with his wives.

I think the information I got was not correct. If I read this two articles I think she is one of his employees Ms. Lameis Al-Mouhandis and Ms. Roaa Shar.

Alwaleed Donates $1 Million to Kenya
http://www.arabnews.com/?page=6&sect...=15&m=5&y=2006

Prince Walid’s female entourage causes consternation
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...=theworld&col=

But I hope someone would translate this article then we know who she is.

http://www.libanmall.com/alwaleed80.htm
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	alwaleed.jpg
Views:	1595
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	253307  
Old 07-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
However, I ask myself, nevertheless, why Kholood has generally married him, nevertheless, she knew the Alwaleed no more children wants to have. He has already decided this after the birth of his daughter
The impression that I got from him (reading interviews, the book, dvd, etc) was that he wasn't really clear about not wanting to have children. I mean, sometimes you will read that he absolutely did not want any more children and this was a decision that he made right after Reem was born and that is that. However, in other interviews, he has been quoted as saying that he was "hesitant" to have any more. There is a huge difference between "hesitant" and being "absolutely against it". You know how it is..She could have married him with HOPE that he would change his mind about wanting to have more children.
She also married him very young. At 22, you may feel that you are ok with never becoming a mother. However, by 27, those feelings can change. She may have wanted more from life.
I think the divorce was a result of multiple issues. His lifestyle would be just about impossible for most women. However, in his words, he said that the child issue was the ultimate deciding factor for her..

He has been quoted as saying that he may never marry again. He said that, although Islam states that a man needs to marry and have a wife, he does not see how a wife could "fit" into his life. He says that he has been thinking about it deeply and considering it but that he really doesn't see it happening. ..only time will tell..
Old 07-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Courtier

there is no mention about the name of the woman who is standing next to the prince in http://www.libanmall.com/alwaleed80.htm !