The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal and Ruling Families of the Gulf States > Royal Family of Saudi Arabia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 10-07-2011, 07:10 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,738
In the video with her short interview above they say she´s 27,it was uploaded 2009 so she might be 29 if the information is correct?
Princess Amira is very charming in this video,she speaks perfect English and seems to be a positive,happy person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by life84 View Post
this video of Princess Ameerah Yacht,
Has this yacht already been built or is it still under construction?
Looks really huge,a yacht where you can get lost if your orientation is not that good;-)
I like the design and the subtle colours,very modern and classy
__________________

  #362  
Old 10-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ***, Canada
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
In the video with her short interview above they say she´s 27,it was uploaded 2009 so she might be 29 if the information is correct?
Princess Amira is very charming in this video,she speaks perfect English and seems to be a positive,happy person!I can understand she´s not jealous when her husband is surrounded by other women,I would not be worried if I looked like her ;-)
this video could be recorded before 2009 but was uploaded in 2009, not sure, what I know that she is young lady and I was trying to find out at what year she was born but I could not find anything on the internet, I believe they don't tell how old is she. I have some saudi friends I will ask them, and yes she is so beautiful, I did not know that she is an active princess tell I saw this thread, and yes she speaks perfect English maybe she studied in the US. Now about that she is not worry that her husband is surrounded by many women, I believe she has to accept that coz this is the situation for all arab Princess in the Middle east they are all surrounded by women, but no doubt she is gorgeous.
__________________

  #363  
Old 10-07-2011, 07:30 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,738
I guess her age is top secret but I would like to know if she has any children?It´s none of my business but I am very curious...She´s a good,caring person and I´m sure she would be lovely with children and with a nanny she could still take enough time for her philantropic work and travelling...
  #364  
Old 10-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Kasumi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ****, Taiwan
Posts: 2,606
Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal on Steve Jobs: Three Apples Changed The World - Forbes
  #365  
Old 10-08-2011, 01:10 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,738
Interesting article & well said: "Three apples changed the world: Adam’s, Newton’s and Steve’s!"

  #366  
Old 10-08-2011, 02:22 PM
shrifia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: marrakech, Morocco
Posts: 3,039
WOW!!! wise words well said Prince Talal.
  #367  
Old 10-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 108
on ameerah twitter she says she 28 and yes its here official one in the bio section
  #368  
Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ***, Canada
Posts: 1,174
Yes she is around 28 years, she is really young and he is an old man, but he is a prince no girl would say no to a prince. I was with a friend of mine she is from Saudi, and I was talking to her about Ameerah, she said that is prince Waleed Married her sister before her which is princess Kholoud and then he divorced her and Married Ameerah. Don't know if it is true though.
  #369  
Old 10-09-2011, 12:56 AM
sana's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ........., Saudi Arabia
Posts: 540
Yes it's true he married her sister but she wasn't able to live with him and don't have a media activity I do not know how she married her sister's husband before, but money is important

But Amira married Prince Alwaleed to be with him in all his activities are just beautiful interface for Prince

When she married Prince Walid he make her travel to Europe to learn talk and deal with Royal families
__________________
Sana Al Aoun
  #370  
Old 10-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ***, Canada
Posts: 1,174
Yes Sana that is what My Saudi friend said, that prince Alwaleed sent her to Europe to learn how to speak and deal with people, well I believe everybody has done this learned how to speak, coz you know speaking in public, specially as a princess or Queen is not easy and you have really to be ready for everything and any question.

In Islam it is ok for the person to marry his wife's sister, but not at the time, so when he divorced her sister Kholoud, he married Ameerah. He was not a husband for both of them at the same time. (this is an explanation for people who don't know the rules of Islam, I know you know the rules since you live in Saudi)
  #371  
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,738
I believe that the prince and Amera have many shared interests and views on life-they both support charity with their foundation,travel a lot and speak up for women´s rights...of course I don´t know them in person but I neither believe he just married her for her looks nor that she only looked at his fortune...he´s not that handsome or young but it´s quite unfair to suggest that he can be just loved for his money...he always donated lots of money for poor people and supports women (like the Saudi woman who wanted to be a pilot) or talks about equal rights for all citizens in his country. For me he was the first modern Saudi prince who seemed to be smart,educated and treats women with respect....I don´t want to offend anyone but there have been some Saudis who do nothing than spending money on luxury,behaving badly in the public or treat women with disrespect...of course in the media they report more about the bad stuff but as long as women in Saudi Arabia are deprieved of parts of their human rights the image is a very bad one for someone who is used to different standards.

What I see is that more and more muslim countries are giving women the chance to represent their country in the West-e.g. Q.Rania,Q.Noor,Princess Haya,Sheikha Mozah,Sheikha Rima Al-Sabah etc.
This is a wise decision because foreign investors from democratic countries are more willing to invest in the Middle East/Arabic countries when they see such positive example of women who are allowed to talk openly,university-educated or even take off their veil in the public.(Many ppl in the West falsely believe that taking off the veil is equal with being an emancipated woman-there are also Arab women who wear the traditional veil but have modern ideas and a career-but they are not as much seen as the women with no veil or fashionable clothes.)
I guess Princess Amira is a good spokeswoman for her country and empowering women-because she is very good-looking she is often underestimated but she seems very smart and tough!




thanks @snapcrackle,you are right!

Now it´s official,she is 28 yrs old (I am happy because I was not that wrong guessing her age *lol*)-from her twitter account:

@AmeerahAltaweel Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
28 active woman living in KSA. Vice Chairwoman of the Alwaleed Foundations.I get to see the world,check projects,meet amazing ppl with gr8 stories & take photos
http://www.alwaleedbintalalfoundation.org/

The princess opened a facebook-account and uploaded some nice pictures too-but somehow I can´t provide a working link because of the Arabic letters after her name written in English :-(
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Princess-Ameerah-Al-Taweel
  #372  
Old 10-09-2011, 10:46 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,738
videos with Princess Amera being interviewed:

Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Saudi Princess Ameerah Altaweel, the wife of billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and vice chairman of the Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundations for Charity and Philanthropy, talks about her efforts to empower women and provide economic opportunity for them in Saudi Arabia



After Winning The Vote, A Saudi Princess Fights For Women's Right To Drive - Forbes
On Sunday, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah ruled that the nation’s women would be allowed, for the first time, to vote and run in local elections beginning in 2015. However, Saudi women are still denied the basic rights to drive and to leave the country without permission.
In a rare interview with the U.S. media, Saudi Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel sat down with me on Thursday to discuss the status of women in her country.
  #373  
Old 10-09-2011, 11:58 AM
sana's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ........., Saudi Arabia
Posts: 540
Yes, dear I know my religion well
But I'm surprised at how she married her sister's husband is the former know that her sister has become psychologically ill you can not live with him
I think the piece of money then the most important things that many of the most important of motherhood
She could not have children by order of the Prince Alwaleed
Sometimes when you see it in the pictures I see sadness in her eyes but she chose this life

Yes, including common interests that's for sure because Prince Alwaleed when chosen to represent and be educated in the world are facing represent all the views and ideas of Prince Alwaleed

For their generous contributions to support her husband's philanthropic Foundation funds
It is very normal family and they wear headscarves but changed ideas to suit their new status
On the other hand, I disagree with you I respect women opinion
Contempt and violence against women is a global issue not specific to a particular State
The headscarf is a religious and not discussed here
I don't think he respects his wife when it displays in each travel or occasion is the wife and not an interface
Why Prince Alwaleed is not permitted to publish pictures of his wife's first cousin and daughter only Reem?
Did Alwaleed respected Ameerh over daughter Reem ?
__________________
Sana Al Aoun
  #374  
Old 10-09-2011, 12:30 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,738
@ sana I am not sure if I understand your post correctly-
Are you saying that Prince Al Waleed doesn´t want Princess Amira to have children?I always thought that Arab men like to have many children,but of course there are always exceptions.How do you know that her sister had psychological issues?I hope she received professional help if she had to deal with any problems and support from her family if you are right,but there are always a lot of speculations after a divorce....
Princess Amira doesn´t seem like a woman who´s unhappy with her life,but of course there´s a look of melancholy in her eyes sometimes.Maybe she is frustrated because of the injustice and unfair treatment of women or because she sees a lot of suffering and poverty when she´s working and travelling for the foundation - visiting countries like Somalia must be quite challenging emotionally,the actress and UNICEF-ambassador Audrey Hepburn was so heart-broken and afflicted after she met children starved to death on her African trips :-(
I don´t know if Princess Amira is happy or not but she always talks well about her husband and the marriage in interviews.
  #375  
Old 10-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ***, Canada
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
Yes, dear I know my religion well
But I'm surprised at how she married her sister's husband is the former know that her sister has become psychologically ill you can not live with him
I think the piece of money then the most important things that many of the most important of motherhood
She could not have children by order of the Prince Alwaleed
Sometimes when you see it in the pictures I see sadness in her eyes but she chose this life
You know what Sana? he is a prince and I don't think there would be a girl in the whole world refuses to become a princess. either she is arabic or foreign. and having a chance to be on TV and participate in a public events is a great thing and every one of us will accept that, and you know since they are not doing something against the Islam then they are on the safe side.

the other thing I did not understand what you wrote. that prince Alwaleed prohibited her of having a child?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
videos with Princess Amera being interviewed:

Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Saudi Princess Ameerah Altaweel, the wife of billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and vice chairman of the Alwaleed Bin Talal Foundations for Charity and Philanthropy, talks about her efforts to empower women and provide economic opportunity for them in Saudi Arabia

After Winning The Vote, A Saudi Princess Fights For Women's Right To Drive - Forbes
On Sunday, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah ruled that the nation’s women would be allowed, for the first time, to vote and run in local elections beginning in 2015. However, Saudi women are still denied the basic rights to drive and to leave the country without permission.
In a rare interview with the U.S. media, Saudi Princess Ameerah Al-Taweel sat down with me on Thursday to discuss the status of women in her country.
Ok now they don't drive because they are not allowed to in Saudi but let me tell you something that I have heard i from so many Saudi women, that if they allow them to drive, are they really going to drive? almost all Saudi women I know said no they want to have drivers, so I don't think driving is a big issue for Saudi women coz if it is they would have done something long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
@ sana I am not sure if I understand your post correctly-
Are you saying that Prince Al Waleed doesn´t want Princess Amira to have children?I always thought that Arab men like to have many children,but of course there are always exceptions.How do you know that her sister had psychological issues?I hope she received professional help if she had to deal with any problems and support from her family if you are right,but there are always a lot of speculations after a divorce....
Princess Amira doesn´t seem like a woman who´s unhappy with her life,but of course there´s a look of melancholy in her eyes sometimes.Maybe she is frustrated because of the injustice and unfair treatment of women or because she sees a lot of suffering and poverty when she´s working and travelling for the foundation - visiting countries like Somalia must be quite challenging emotionally,the actress and UNICEF-ambassador Audrey Hepburn was so heart-broken and afflicted after she met children starved to death on her African trips :-(
I don´t know if Princess Amira is happy or not but she always talks well about her husband and the marriage in interviews.
I am gonna comment at the last sentence you wrote, even if Ameerah is not happy, she would never say that in an interview not because she is afraid or have no right to say, it is because is not quiet common in the Arabic world yet to express what they feel exactly in front of people, they always wanted the great image to be out. I hope that I explained the point clearly to you.
  #376  
Old 10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 161
What did Ameerah do before her marriage?
  #377  
Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 PM
sana's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ........., Saudi Arabia
Posts: 540
Yes, that's what I mean
She could not have children because Prince Alwaleed not want kids
What do you mean the treatment is unfair to women?

Sadness that I see him in the eye is not only when visiting the poor or children in Somalia
Even photos with family , even though it is trying to smile with a sad look
__________________
Sana Al Aoun
  #378  
Old 10-09-2011, 10:45 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,738
In one of the interviews she said that her mother got divorced and it was difficult for her at that time,do you know if she divorced from Amera´s father or did her mother marry again?There´s very little to find about P.Amera´s life before her marriage so I´m curious....
I believe Prince Alwaled is a workaholic and doesn´t have enough time for children but I can understand if a woman is unhappy because she cannot have children herself.Maybe when you are younger you are happy to have a career but when you are in your 30ies you see many other women with their children and families and you worry if you made the right choice.I guess she will not talk about it if she´s unhappy with that, not only in the Arab world ppl try to keep up the beautiful facade pretending that everything is alright when it is not...
You probably see American women in tv who are not afraid to expose every detail of their private life and talk freely about their emotions but it is different in Europe,most individuals try to keep their private life as private as possible:-)
  #379  
Old 10-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ***, Canada
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
Yes, that's what I mean
She could not have children because Prince Alwaleed not want kids
What do you mean the treatment is unfair to women?

Sadness that I see him in the eye is not only when visiting the poor or children in Somalia
Even photos with family , even though it is trying to smile with a sad look
Poor I feel sorry for Ameerah, being a mother and have a kid of your own is something great, but by preventing her of having her own kid is hard, any way I believe that if God wants something no one can stand against it. I hope she gets the chance to be a mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
In one of the interviews she said that her mother got divorced and it was difficult for her at that time,do you know if she divorced from Amera´s father or did her mother marry again?There´s very little to find about P.Amera´s life before her marriage so I´m curious....
I believe Prince Alwaled is a workaholic and doesn´t have enough time for children but I can understand if a woman is unhappy because she cannot have children herself.Maybe when you are younger you are happy to have a career but when you are in your 30ies you see many other women with their children and families and you worry if you made the right choice.I guess she will not talk about it if she´s unhappy with that, not only in the Arab world ppl try to keep up the beautiful facade pretending that everything is alright when it is not...
You probably see American women in tv who are not afraid to expose every detail of their private life and talk freely about their emotions but it is different in Europe,most individuals try to keep their private life as private as possible:-)
Yes it's kind of hard to find information about her before marriage, and as you said if the girl in her early age it's ok for her because she is busy with her career but once she feels that she is getting old, for sure she would wish to have a kid of her own.

I did not know that in Europe is the same as the Arab world, In America it's okay to say what ever you want and almost you have no private life once you say everything on TV. Different countries, different cultures, it's great to know about all countries so we can learn from each other.
  #380  
Old 10-09-2011, 10:56 PM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,738
She could adopt some children if she can´t have her own,I can´t believe that her husband would object if she really wants to be a mother.But she´s still young,so maybe we will be surprised or he will change his mind about having children...if God wants something no one can stand against it -That´s right,we often fool ourself that we have more power and influence on our life than we really have but I believe destiny is stronger...
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 534 01-01-2014 04:44 AM
Wedding of William & Catherine: Royal Wedding Miscellania Zonk The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 209 07-28-2012 10:12 PM
A second son for Prince Aimone and Princess Olga: Prince Amedeo, 24 May 2011 Benjamin Royal Families of Italy 74 06-20-2012 12:16 PM
Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011 Warren Current Events Archive 688 07-03-2011 03:52 PM
Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 4: Dec. 2009 - February 2011 dazzling Current Events Archive 194 02-27-2011 08:16 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 beatrice borromeo best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess charlene fashion princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises