King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain's Visit to Saudi Arabia: April 8-10, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Images of the spanish visit from AFP, GettyImages.

Attachments

• Reyes 2.jpg
    Reyes 2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 217
  • Reyes 3.jpg
    Reyes 3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Reyes 4.jpg
    Reyes 4.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 295
  • Reyes 5.jpg
    Reyes 5.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 409
  • Reyes 6.jpg
    Reyes 6.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Reyes 7.jpg
    Reyes 7.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 430
  • Reyes 8.jpg
    Reyes 8.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 291
  • Reyes 9.jpg
    Reyes 9.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 353
  • Reyes 10.jpg
    Reyes 10.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Reyes 1.jpg
    Reyes 1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 213
Picture From " Diario de Malaga"

Attachments

• Reyes Diario de Malaga.jpg
    Reyes Diario de Malaga.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 341
Speech of His Majesty King Juan Carlos I

From Casa Real .

Excellencies,

It is for me a great pleasure to pay an Official Visit to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the fourth since my accession to the throne of Spain. I vividly re-call the hospitality I always received in my previous visits to this great and splendid country and the warmth of its people.

Since the founding of the present Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, now almost three quarters of a century ago, this country, under the able leadership and guided by the wisdom of the Al-Saud Royal Family, has advanced steadely, both politically and economically. During my Visits, I have been a privileged witness to this progress, which has resulted in the renewed respect that Saudi Arabia nowadays enjoys, in the region and in the world.

A few months ago, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, His Majesty King Abdullah, became Head of State. I have been acquainted of his qualities of leadership for many years. He has been crowned at a challenging time, when the region is facing old and new conflicts which threaten local and international stability.

His wisdom will be essential for situating Saudi Arabia in the forefront of the peace efforts. Saudi Arabia and Spain are both also at the forefront of the fight against terrorism. In these efforts, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques will have, I assure you, all the support of My Government and the people of Spain.

Economically, the Kingdom has seen dramatic changes in the past year. The economic measures taken by His Majesty King Abdullah have paved the way for a new climate of confidence and optimism. New horizons for the private sector, for the youth and for women have ushered in a new mood in the country. The King Abdullah Economic City offers an excellent example in this respect as it will be an engine growth for Saudi Arabia.

The far-sighted policies of your leaders have been a stabilizing force in the world energy markets, contributing decisively to the strengthening of our economies. Last December, Saudi Arabia became a member of the World Trade Organisation, - with, I am pleased to say, the support of Spain. In the foreseeable future, the Kingdom will benefit tremendously from this renewed integration into the global economy.

Spain has become a highly developped country in a relatively short period of time. We have become a leading capital exporter, - the fourth largest in the world in 2005 according to United Nation´s statistics. Our rate of growth has been among the highest within the European Union for the past ten years; in the last two decades, we have reshaped the landscape of our country with new airports and highways, high speed trains and industrial plants.

And we are ready to engage in close cooperation in every field with a partner as vibrant and energetic, as is Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia and Spain share a culture that spanned and flourished for more than eight centuries. We enjoy a very close political relationship. Now is the time to reinforce our bilateral links with strong economic ties.

I am therefore very pleased with yesterday´s signature of various relevant bilateral agreements; I am also confident that the negotiations currently under way for an agreement to avoid Double Taxation will soon be finalized.

Today´s meeting and presentation at SAGIA mark the beginning of a new relationship between businessmen leaders and industrialists of our two countries, to the benefit of both our peoples.

Finally, allow me to express my happiness at being here with you today. I sincerely hope that your efforts to strengthen the ties between Saudi Arabia and Spain will be successful. I am deeply greateful for your warm welcome and hospitality towards myself, my official delegation and the businessmen accompanying me.

I am sure that with the enlightened support of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, His Majesty King Abdullah, His Government and the people of Saudi Arabia, the future of our bilateral cooperation will be brighter and closer than ever.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
I just LOVE that outfit!! It's soooo beautiful! The Queen looks gorgeus on it! ;)

The Kings of Spain have undertaken today trip from return to Madrid after concluding their official stay of three days in Saudi Arabia, a visit that has opened hopeful possibilities of business for the Spanish company in this country of the Persian Gulf that lives an excellent economic moment.

King Abdulaziz went to the same Air base to dismiss the Kings Prince Salman, Governor of Riad, that last night entertained to Don Juan Carlos with a supper. The airplane of the Spanish Air Force in that the Kings to Madrid return took off of Riad to the 12,45 hours (one hour less in Spain).
Before, in the residence of the ambassador of Spain, Manuel Alabart, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía had offered a reception to a representation of the Spanish colectivity - considered in five hundred people who live and work in this country, and between that are numerous Spaniards married with saudíes. The Kings conversed with all of them, being interested in their occupations in a country that is the center of the Islamic faith and whose King is Guard of the Two Sagradas Mosques: Mecca and Medina.

www.efe.es

Last edited:
Images from terra

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 372
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 359
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
From abaca press

Last edited:
Images from profimedia

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Images from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 364
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 333
From EFE

Riad, 10 abr (EFE). -

The Kings of Spain have undertaken today trip from return to Madrid after concluding their official stay of three days in Saudi Arabia, a visit that has opened hopeful possibilities of business for the Spanish company in this country of the Persian Gulf that lives an excellent economic moment.

To intensify in economic bilateral relations that in the politician are already excellent, according to the Governments of both countries recognize, has been in the origin of this trip of the Kings, in whom, again, it has been left of manifesto the narrow friendship that unites to the Royal Families Spanish and Saudi. Own King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, in the throne from August last after the death of King Fahd, in the evening went Saturday to Aerial Base of Riad to give the welcome to the Kings, to that at any moment has lavished gestures of friendship and proximity.

The Saudi Press becomes echo of the image "breaker" of Doña Sofía
Several saudíes newspapers took yesterday to their covers the image of Doña Sofía with a suit of jacket of showy tones fucsia, a style "breaker" for a country in which it stops to go out the women are forced to cover with a black túnica -"abaya "- and a strict veil - by which, through one narrows crack, only show the eyes -, atuendo that also took to the journalists women who the average nationals sent to cover the" parallel agenda "with Reina.

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060411/prensa/noticias/Nacional/Nacional/200604/11/NAC-NAC-026.asp

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 236
Industralists thank for to the King their support in Saudi Arabia

The official visit of three days of the head of the State concludes with great expectations of investments for representatives of eleven groups.
The Kings of Spain returned yesterday to Madrid after concluding their official stay of three days in Saudi Arabia, that has opened hopeful possibilities of business for the Spanish company in this country of the Persian Gulf that lives an excellent economic moment. To intensify in economic bilateral relations that in the politician are already excellent, according to the governments of both countries recognize, has been in the origin of this trip of the Kings, in whom, again, it has been left of manifesto the narrow friendship that unites to the Royal Families Spanish and Saudi.

http://www.diariodesevilla.com/diariodesevilla/articulo.asp?idart=2678868&idcat=724&compartido=yes

The queen looked lovely during her visit.The ruins of Diariyadh are fascinating and stretch for many acres.You swear you are in the middle of the Lawrence of Arabia movie when you are visiting it.If you want to see what the Saudi Papers are saying about the trip then just log on to arabnews.com this is the biggest english daily newspaper.Have fun!!!

Spanish official visit to Qatar, April 2006

King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia will pay a official visit to the Kingdom of Qatar from April 26 to April 27.
All welcome to post news and pictures of this visit here

Back
Top Bottom