How Many Princess Are There In Saudi Arabia?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paloma you said :

There was no way any Saudi or any other Khaleeji for that matter was going to get dirty and sweaty!

So what ?!!! where is the wrong !!! ?? if we didn't get dirty and sweaty !!!!

why that pother you ?!

It's true that the Saudi Princes population keeps growing as oil supplies dwindle.. Sooner or later the oil will run out and then where will the royal family be?
Aren't the prince and princesses born with a stipend - their inheritences are there at birth? Hopefully this generation will make sure the next generation is educated because they are going to need intelligence to earn a living..
It's surprising there is poverty in Saudi Arabia... and Princes are talking about multi million palaces being built.... :innocent:

First of all, let's be realistic if u live in a rich country that can provide u agood job…U won't be heading toward the {dirty and sweaty} kind of work…but for your information u can find nowadays a lot of young saudies working in labor jobs
I think it is ok to talk about other country's domestic issues as long u have the right information and u know what u are talking about…all the people of the world have received the wrong image about Saudi Arabia, they took the false information for granted as long as it show Saudi Arabia as a country from the stone age.

I don’t only blame the western media about that but also I blame people of my country giving this bad reputation, for instance u have princess meshael al faisel…she thinks she will be respected because the ways she dresses…I have no problem with her dress but this princess talks about her fellow sisters back home as women in saudi Arabia are covered from head to toe while she is the modern women…what does she expect from people to think about us when they read this…people care about how come we are covered from head to toe…u know what... some people are fine with it, do u know why? Because Saudi women are smart intellectual and they work hard the get to what they want check thoria al obied and see how she is working in the united nations, being covered from head to toe is our business and that does not make us any less respectful or smart.. Personally I don’t cover up from head to toe but I don’t like people judging us this way.
The other so called princess who beats up her maid well she deserves to rot in hell for what she did.
In Saudi Arabia we have princes and princess that are filthy rich and snobbish but in the same time we have princes and princess who are working so hard for this country ..Some of them are my personal friends and I am so proud of them

Saudi Arabia is a very complex society and u can find a lot of contradictions…but please instead of digging in the bad stuff dig in the good stuff and help me to show the bright side of my beloved country.

If u have any questions about Saudi Arabia I will be happy to help ;)

Oh, there's definitely poverty. And there are four year old children begging on the street, and getting stepped on--I wish I could find the link about this from Arabnews.com

4 year olds beggin in the streets and getting stepped on? That's terrible... again - with that situation why in the world are they spending millions and millions on palaces when they could end poverty with that money?

mahawi, good points made in your post....

I actually wrote a letter to the Saudi Embassy with the weblink and asked them how could this happen in such a rich country.

mahawi I agree with you totaly

finally I found some one from the most beloved country to my heart

your country is great and I'm sure you prideful to be from saudi arabia

Houri and Mahawi, we've read so many awful things about SA, including about some atrocious behavior from members of the ruling family.... Could you please tell us, give us some insight into all the good things so that we could have positive information as well... :flower:

I will let Mahawi speak about her country

but I want to say that in any country you will find good people and bad people .

I agree with that Houri... all Countries have good and bad people...

Originally posted by mahawi@Jul 6th, 2004 - 9:14 am
First of all, let's be realistic if u live  in a rich country that can provide u  agood job…U won't be heading toward the {dirty and sweaty} kind of work…but for your information u can find nowadays a lot of young saudies working in labor jobs
I think it is ok to talk about other country's domestic issues as long u have the right information and u know what u are talking about…all the people of the world have  received the wrong image about Saudi Arabia, they took the false information for granted as long as it show Saudi Arabia as a country from the stone age.

I don’t only blame the western media about that but also I blame people of my country giving this bad reputation, for instance u have princess meshael al faisel…she thinks she will be respected because the ways she dresses…I have no problem with her dress but this princess talks about her fellow sisters back home as women in saudi Arabia are covered from head to toe while she is the modern women…what does she expect from people to think about us when they read this…people care about how come we are covered from head to toe…u know what... some people are fine with it, do u know why? Because Saudi women are smart intellectual and they work hard the get to what they want check thoria al obied  and see how she is working in the united nations, being covered from head to toe is our business and that does not make us any less respectful or smart.. Personally I don’t cover up from head to toe but I don’t like  people judging us this way.
The other so called princess who beats up her maid well she deserves to rot in hell for what she did.
In Saudi Arabia we have princes and princess that are filthy rich and snobbish but in the same time we have princes and princess who are working so hard for this country ..Some of them are my personal friends and I am so proud of them 

Saudi Arabia is a very complex society and u can find a lot of contradictions…but please instead of digging in the bad stuff dig in the good stuff and help me to show the bright side of my beloved country.

If u have any questions about Saudi Arabia I will be happy to help ;)
Mahawi, may I ask why all these Arab women can write and speak English? taught
in local college? study abroad? If overseas, at what age do they leave home?

I think many of the Princesses and girls from higher echelons are sent to boarding schools abroad.

That's true, a lot of the prince and princesses seem to study abroad..... or attend 'American' or 'English' schools within their Nation...

I don't think all of Princesses or sheikha go to study abroad I know some of them study at home

there a lot of institutes for teaching the english language in the gulf state

and also they study the english language at the school

Well i have to say that i really appreciate how u r all welling to ask and to learn about my country;) .
As to your question julial ...well in Saudi Arabia English language is taught in most of our schools and considered as a second language, so speaking and writing English does not necessarily mean that these princesses have studied abroad, actually many of the royal family and who are very close to the king studied in Saudi Arabia and in our universities, but of course u have also some of them who studied abroad, whether in schools, universities or some times summer camps.
I don't understand what do u mean by leaving their homes, do u mean to go abroad and study, if that what u mean ,well they usually leave after school so in about the age of 18.
In this case concerning the two princesses I've mentioned i believe they've studied or still studding abroad

I do not think it possible to establish just how many princesses there are in Saudi arabia. For example if there were 8000 princes and they each married 4 wives there would be 32000 princesses. But each wife could have six daughters and each daughter could get married and have more daughters. So one can only speculate. As I am part of the family we are speaking about it makes it even harder to answer.

?

King Christian said:
I just read in two (reliable? western) news sources over this weekend, that there are believed to be approximately 7,000 princes.

Naturally, with the inclusion of princesses and likely out-of-wedlock children, the total number might? be 3 to 4-times more, so 21,000 to 28,000.
So ... 27,000 appears to be an accurate figure too.
WHOA!!!! 21000-28000??!?!?! golly how do they keep track of everyone???

aaliyah_al_saud said:
I do not think it possible to establish just how many princesses there are in Saudi arabia. For example if there were 8000 princes and they each married 4 wives there would be 32000 princesses. But each wife could have six daughters and each daughter could get married and have more daughters. So one can only speculate. As I am part of the family we are speaking about it makes it even harder to answer.
wow, so you are a member of the Sauid Arabia roal family??? do you carry the title of Princess??? i was wondering does everyone born into your family get the prince or princess title???

Bubbette said:
Oh, there's definitely poverty. And there are four year old children begging on the street, and getting stepped on--I wish I could find the link about this from Arabnews.com
So what if there is poverty??Its found everywhere..In europe there are four year old children who beg and younger.and mothers who beg while they ahev 2 months old children.Not to talk about all the beggers who cahse the arabs inlondon and paris, young boys pulling there cloths.Its not omly in saudi.I have been to Saudi, and have seen more beggers at a time in europe than in saudi.

I am reading the book, World on Fire by Amy Chua for school and I came a cross the following quote:

"In Saudi Arabia, writes Seymour Hersh, 'Saudi princes- there are thousands of them- have kept tabloid newspapers filled with accounts of their drinking binges and partying with prostitutes, while taking billions of dollars from the state budget.' "

I am not saying I agree or disagree with this statement, I just thought it was interesting.

In the eastern cultures especially for beduen-based societies, having a lot of children is something necessarily ...i believe that this is al-saud way of making sure that there is enough family members to rule the country…but for the younger generation, you don't usually see that.

as for the parties and prostitutes ...well I'm not lawyer for this family but I'm going to give a tip ...don't ever count on such books to learn about this country coz they are just crap...i was in Canada last year and i was in (chapters) book store...when i checked the best selling books ..i found a lot of books that are just trash and their based information were on gossip and tabloids...i was so angry especially for the books written by members of al- saud family are trying to make (us)and them look like slaves and victims and playing the role of the princesses in(one thousand and one night)..because although there is a lot of stories that (might) be true there is (a lot) that are exaggerated and misleading ...yes there might be princess who bring prostitutes and drink although it's forbidden in Islam ...but at the same time there are many that are noble and work for this country and a great inspiration to all of their countrymen...so believe me, don't take everything you read for granted …because there are some people enjoy discriminating other countries and show them in the worst picture.

Another thing, Saudi Arabia is a very civilized country and made a huge step in modernity in a short time especially that our country is considered to be young

And when you have a country that previously governed by beduen tribes, It will always take time to make a huge change. For instance the women issues ...these issues are the most talked about in this country, there is always controversy about it because of tribal minded people who give the government a hard time

so it's just a matter of time ,that doesn't mean that we don't have great women, do u know that more than 6 Saudi women were nominated for the Nobel peace prize ..Not to mention the scientists and business women and diplomats that we have, I fact and because of this condition many women in Saudi Arabia are defying and challenging these rules and make whatever they want ,and believe it or not, they are getting what they want and therefore we have a generation of women who know what they want and fight for it.

the last thing I want to mention is the poverty in Saudi Arabia …yes defiantly we have poverty ,and this is a very normal thing , because in every country even if it was (rich)you can find poor people…in America which is also considered to be a rich country they have homeless people and poor ,in Saudi Arabia most of these people had the chances in making their lives better especially in the seventies and in the eighties when life was much better and being well off was very easy to achieve, but many of these people chose to be poor by quitting schools and seek ways to get money in illegal way and then ending up in jails…. and u know the rest of the story…so what I mean is that it's a very normal thing to see ..as for the beggars that you can see in the streets, many of these children are usually not Saudies ,they sometimes can be parts of gangs out of Saudi Arabia like from Yemen(or of Saudi Arabia) and use children to be baggers…and u have nooo idea how is this issue very important and for that there is (the organization of preventing and stopping beggars)this organization take the gang leaders and put them into jails and help the children and poor families.

I hope my information was helpful and I appreciate that you are interested to ask rather then making judgments.

Civilized country? Where women are not allowed to vote, not allowed to drive, or even step outside without a veil? Please. Compare Saudi Arabia with Israel, which is newer state. That's civilization!

Bubbette said:
Civilized country? Where women are not allowed to vote, not allowed to drive, or even step outside without a veil? Please. Compare Saudi Arabia with Israel, which is newer state. That's civilization!
I agree. I had a friend who lived in Saudi Arabia for a few years. Because she was not born in SA and was catholic, she had to live on a compound and attend a private school. If she had attend a public school she would have been treated badly b/c she was a foreigner. She also told me how she had to wear a vail and was only allowed to remove it when she was either inside the compound or inside her private school. She said whenever she and her sister were in her father's car, she was not allowed to talk, laugh, or even listen to music. When my friend came to live in Canada is said she walked shocked that she was allowed to walk down the street all byself. I am NOT saying that SA is a bad place or anything. But at the same time, I think that country has a long way to go before it is considered civilized. I don't want this topic to turn into a debate about east vs. west. I just wanted to share my friend's story. After this post, I will only post info in this forum if i has to do spefically with SA's princeses. Hope every else will do the same.

I saw a documentary once on PBS about this issue. The host went around Saudi Arabia with a young Saudi Prince. He asked the Prince how many princes there were, and the Prince said "too many"
I think there are a lot of men and women in Saudi Arabia who aren't happy with the way things are in their country. Many of these people, like journalists, for example, do ask for reform. In return they receive death threats. In such a closed society, change will take a very long time. I would never condemn all the Saudi people. They're all equally oppressed by their government and fed nonsense by the so-called "clergy"
Its ironic and quite sad that Arabs from this land brought civilization, tolerance and prosperity to so much of Africa, Europe, and Asia so soon after the Prophet's death.

theprincess said:
She also told me how she had to wear a vail and was only allowed to remove it when she was either inside the compound or inside her private school. She said whenever she and her sister were in her father's car, she was not allowed to talk, laugh, or even listen to music. When my friend came to live in Canada is said she walked shocked that she was allowed to walk down the street all byself.
The dont see why europeans make a big deal out of the vail.She had to cover in saudi not cause the people want them to cover, but the law says and for respect to the muslims.One should at least respect the country they are in.

I dont know what you really meant about when she was in the car.I have been to saudi and i did listen to music and laughed around in the car, it wasnt a big deal and i dont think that the saudi goverments are going to put special rules down for the christians. You cant comapre Canada to saudi. Laws in canada are different and in saudi they are different.Each country has the right to do what they want with their people and citizens, if they dont like it they can leave and if they stayed it was from their choice.

Bubbette said:
Where women are not allowed to vote, not allowed to drive, or even step outside without a veil? Please. Compare Saudi Arabia with Israel, which is newer state. That's civilization!
Well, in arab countries voting for women is just opening.In Bahrain just 2 years ago women could start voting.Does not mean that in the sates or in Europe women can vote we have to vote.

You can step out in saudi without a veil, who said you couldnt??? When i was in Jeddah at one of the malls, i wasnt covered, Outside the shopping center, found Europeans just wearing the abbaya and there hair was open.I think you still have an image of the past not present about the country.

So what if Israel is a more civilized country, It does not mean that Saudi has to be, even whether it was a newer or older state.In arab countries people usually follow traditions and cultures.Womens rights are opening slowly.Israel has always been an open country.We dont have to compare ourself's with Israel or any other country..We dont have to do everything they do and have the same laws and rights..

Why did you compare saudi with ISRAEL and not another country?

Last edited:
theprincess said:
I agree. I had a friend who lived in
theprincess said:
Saudi Arabia for a few years. Because she was not born in SA and was catholic, she had to live on a compound and attend a private school. If she had attend a public school she would have been treated badly b/c she was a foreigner. She also told me how she had to wear a vail and was only allowed to remove it when she was either inside the compound or inside her private school. She said whenever she and her sister were in her father's car, she was not allowed to talk, laugh, or even listen to music. When my friend came to live in Canada is said she walked shocked that she was allowed to walk down the street all byself. I am NOT saying that SA is a bad place or anything.

My country isn't perfect and i think i tried my best explaining why it is taking it so long to catch up with other countries...yes. I get mad and sometime i cry from things that bother me in my country but that doesn't mean that i would stand behind and listen to people talking about my country in a bad way with out knowing exactly what's going on.

First of all we can laugh, scream sing and do whatever we want in Saudi Arabia ...believe it or not we walk down the street alone:rolleyes:

Now as for the veil thing ...veil is the most important thing for women in Islam

that's why we put on and believe me i'm so proud of it because it's part of my identity ...and putting veil on does not mean that we are not civilized so i hope u respect that because i would never make fun or criticize an important thing in any of your religion. i have seen people that are not Muslims and don't put the veil on and they walk normally because no body has the right to make them put it on ,as for your friend believe me i know many Christian people here having a great life and no body bothers them ...as a matter of fact in my university we have a Chinese girl and u have no idea how many girl went to her and offered help in case if she needed anything ...my teacher is American and everybody loves her do u know why ...because she respect my country she knows they we have come along way to be where we are now.

now as for the voting thing ...it's an issue that all women are so mad about and many organization worked on it and we are going to start voting starting next year ...my father is a member of the (majles al shoura)which is like a parliament in Saudi Arabia ..He and some of the members of the mjles went to Germany to participate in the (Arab's day in (German parliament)i don't what is called) they were about 4 and they took a women with them..Which is considered to be a great step..any way my father told me that they pushed this women to talk everywhere to show that Saudi Arabia is on the road of making women in this country play a very vital role ....every year there is a a national conference, women are sitting next to men 50/50 discussing the important issues of the country and making decisions with them.

As for Israel ...Israel mission when they first build this country was to make the fastest growing country ever, the immigrant usually has the same beliefs

And that why it was easier.

but in Saudi Arabia we used to have more than 100 tribes ruling this country and all beduin and non educated ...the first step was to reunite the country and build a better social structure .. later on they focused on building better cities believe it or not there were no paved roads in Riyadh in the 50s and 60s..But now we have sky scrapers..Malls that u haven't seen before ,beautiful universities ,museums ,streets that look like the champs elysis ...in less than 40 years ...not to mention rebuilding a mentality that used to be ignorant and illiterate...

It's not that we are in Afghanistan ...i go and hang out in restaurant go bowling and whatever..Even my friend who is Saudi chose not to put her veil on and believe me we are living our lives.

as i said before i don't agree with every thing that goes around me but as long as I'm in house that treat women with respect with her full right to do whatever she wants in her life ...i'm happy and i'm waiting for the change to happen because it will ..it's just matter of time.

i tried my best to explain what's going on in my country. I know that the country is only civilized when women get their full rights and i know it's going to happen very soon and this is what we women all over this country work ..so please cut us some slack .

and how is this related to the topic on a royalty forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom