The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Courtier

A quote from a sky.com article from last year (July 15, 2003):

"Then oil prices stabilised and the Royal Family just kept growing. It's thought there may now be 15,000 princes, all subsidised by the state, which is of course, the Royal Family."

Old 07-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, most of the labor was probably done by Afghans, Pakastanis, Indians or Filipinos, so we know they didn't get paid much. There was no way any Saudi or any other Khaleeji for that matter was going to get dirty and sweaty!

Old 07-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by paloma@Jul 5th, 2004 - 12:46 pm
Yes, most of the labor was probably done by Afghans, Pakastanis, Indians or Filipinos, so we know they didn't get paid much. There was no way any Saudi or any other Khaleeji for that matter was going to get dirty and sweaty!
How you know ?!!!!!
Old 07-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

I lived and worked in one of the Gulf countries for many many years.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:43 PM
Commoner

l
Old 07-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by lizfromVA@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 12:43 pm
I doubt that Glamour magazine is available in SA. If they do have it there, would it even be available to women or just to men? I would guess that the men would think it was sinful, but there seems to be a huge double standard relating to morality within the kingdom. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
magazines are available to men and women ,and they are not considered sinful because we have arabic fashion magaziens,and can u please explane what do u mean when u say "huge double standerds in morality"?
Old 07-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Easy girls easy..

BTW, those are not my words. It's a quote from a chronicle I read on the Net. Anyhow, I think he was trying to be sarcastic with the "reducing unemployment..." part.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by paloma@Jul 5th, 2004 - 1:28 pm
I lived and worked in one of the Gulf countries for many many years.
why did you worked there not in your country ?

and why they ( Afghans, Pakastanis, Indians or Filipinos ) working there not in there country ?
Old 07-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by paloma@Jul 5th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
What/who does Khaleeji mean/imply?
Old 07-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

Khaleeji/ Gulf Arabs

I was there because I was involved with someone who was working in the Gulf at the time.

Afghans, Indians and Pakastanis etc. are in the Gulf countries to work because work can not be found at home or the work at home pays even less than the jobs in the Gulf countries.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:35 PM
Courtier

paloma you said :

There was no way any Saudi or any other Khaleeji for that matter was going to get dirty and sweaty!

So what ?!!! where is the wrong !!! ?? if we didn't get dirty and sweaty !!!!

why that pother you ?!
Old 07-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Aristocracy

It's true that the Saudi Princes population keeps growing as oil supplies dwindle.. Sooner or later the oil will run out and then where will the royal family be?
Aren't the prince and princesses born with a stipend - their inheritences are there at birth? Hopefully this generation will make sure the next generation is educated because they are going to need intelligence to earn a living..
It's surprising there is poverty in Saudi Arabia... and Princes are talking about multi million palaces being built....
Old 07-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Commoner

First of all, let's be realistic if u live in a rich country that can provide u agood job…U won't be heading toward the {dirty and sweaty} kind of work…but for your information u can find nowadays a lot of young saudies working in labor jobs
I think it is ok to talk about other country's domestic issues as long u have the right information and u know what u are talking about…all the people of the world have received the wrong image about Saudi Arabia, they took the false information for granted as long as it show Saudi Arabia as a country from the stone age.

I don’t only blame the western media about that but also I blame people of my country giving this bad reputation, for instance u have princess meshael al faisel…she thinks she will be respected because the ways she dresses…I have no problem with her dress but this princess talks about her fellow sisters back home as women in saudi Arabia are covered from head to toe while she is the modern women…what does she expect from people to think about us when they read this…people care about how come we are covered from head to toe…u know what... some people are fine with it, do u know why? Because Saudi women are smart intellectual and they work hard the get to what they want check thoria al obied and see how she is working in the united nations, being covered from head to toe is our business and that does not make us any less respectful or smart.. Personally I don’t cover up from head to toe but I don’t like people judging us this way.
The other so called princess who beats up her maid well she deserves to rot in hell for what she did.
In Saudi Arabia we have princes and princess that are filthy rich and snobbish but in the same time we have princes and princess who are working so hard for this country ..Some of them are my personal friends and I am so proud of them

Saudi Arabia is a very complex society and u can find a lot of contradictions…but please instead of digging in the bad stuff dig in the good stuff and help me to show the bright side of my beloved country.

If u have any questions about Saudi Arabia I will be happy to help
Old 07-06-2004, 09:15 AM
Serene Highness

Oh, there's definitely poverty. And there are four year old children begging on the street, and getting stepped on--I wish I could find the link about this from Arabnews.com
Old 07-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Aristocracy

4 year olds beggin in the streets and getting stepped on? That's terrible... again - with that situation why in the world are they spending millions and millions on palaces when they could end poverty with that money?

mahawi, good points made in your post....
Old 07-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

I actually wrote a letter to the Saudi Embassy with the weblink and asked them how could this happen in such a rich country.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Courtier

I suppose they didn't reply?!
Old 07-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Courtier

mahawi I agree with you totaly

finally I found some one from the most beloved country to my heart

your country is great and I'm sure you prideful to be from saudi arabia
Old 07-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Houri and Mahawi, we've read so many awful things about SA, including about some atrocious behavior from members of the ruling family.... Could you please tell us, give us some insight into all the good things so that we could have positive information as well... :flower:
Old 07-06-2004, 07:46 PM
Courtier

I will let Mahawi speak about her country

but I want to say that in any country you will find good people and bad people .