The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Princess Basmaa Bint Saud attended the 2012 South-South Awards at The Waldorf-Astoria on September 23, 2012 in New York City.
Basma bint Saud is the 115th and youngest of King Saud's children. Her mother was a Syrian-born Jamila Merhi.

- Picture 1
- Picture 2
- Picture 3
King Saud has 115 children?!?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
King Saud has 115 children?!?
Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud had a very large harem (he had children by at least forty different women) and yes, 115 children. Basmaa is his youngest child with Jamila Mehri: her full siblings included Prince Khaled, Prince Abdul Majeed, Princess Fahda, Princess Sheikha, and Prince Abdul Malik. If I'm not mistaken, his eldest son was born in 1923, while Basma (the youngest) was born in 1964, meaning there was a 41 year difference between them.

Only a few of his children have a public role or are even known: among his sons were Muhammed bin Saud (former governor of Al Bahah province), Mishari bin Saud (current governor of Al Bahah province and a minister), and Mishaal bin Saud (former governor of Najran province).

Old 09-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince Hadhloul Bin Abdul Aziz passes away
Prince Hadhloul Bin Abdul Aziz has died abroad. Funeral prayer will be performed for him after Isha prayer Sunday at the Grand Mosque in Makkah, a statement from the royal court said Saturday evening.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah underwent the surgery // KP.RU
Saudi King has successful back operation-royal court | Reuters
Old 11-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Courtier

Thank God, His Majesty's operation went on smoothly. Praying for his speed recovery, Insya 'Allah.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Top 500 Most Influential Muslims: Saudi King tops, Erdogan 2nd and See The Top 50
Amman, Jordan: Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul-Aziz Al-Saud is the most influencing personality in the Muslim World following Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyep Erdogan.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Commoner

I was sent this today, I cannot vouch that it is what is really happening but it is something to brace yourself and it is from a pretty reliable source:
Quote:
Abdullah, 88, reportedly has been placed on life support after having undergone spinal surgery the week of Nov. 18.
That does not mean that he is dead but it does mean that the operation wasn't easy. He is, after all, 88. I hope he recovers 100%.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Nobility

He made an appearance on the national television few days:
Saudi king appears for first time since November 17 surgery - Reuters
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Saudi Arabian prince accused of smuggling in Russia | Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI).
Quote:
MOSCOW, December 5 - RAPSI. Saudi Arabian Prince Sultan Bin Mohammed Bin Saud Al Kabeer has been accused of smuggling 49 eagles into Russia for hunting, including 16 rare species, Kommersant reported on Wednesday, citing the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources.

The royal family has arrived in Russia on a private plane to take part in a bird exhibition in Kalmykia. A scandal ensued after the service uncovered that the prince had smuggled 49 eagles into the country for hunting.

Although the birds were seized, the prince was not detained due to his diplomatic immunity.However, the service has notified the Foreign Ministry of the smuggling incident.

The prince is set to leave the country in the evening and the service is taking efforts to prevent his departure.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ugh. Another reason not to like this bunch.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Saudi King Abdullah appoints women to Shura Council
The religiously conservative kingdom’s monarch, King Abdullah, heralded the change in two royal decrees stating that the Shura Council, which advises the government on legislation, should have 20 per cent female membership, meaning 30 women will sit on the 150-person council.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

How 'progressive' to allow 51% of the population to have 20% representation in the government. Sorry, but I am not awarding any medals on this. Time for KSA to at least join the last century, if they can't manage the 21sf.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
How 'progressive' to allow 51% of the population to have 20% representation in the government. Sorry, but I am not awarding any medals on this. Time for KSA to at least join the last century, if they can't manage the 21sf.
It's not like half the legislators of all western countries are women either. The 113th US Congress is 18.3% women.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post

It's not like half the legislators of all western countries are women either. The 113th US Congress is 18.3% women.
That is a matter of who runs for congress, here, not someone saying I will permit you to have a certain percentage. And BTW congress here has an approval rating of 9% today. I am. Certainly not holding them out as a shining example.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
You need to keep in mind that very few ladies work in Saudi or are qualified therefore you can't expect a higher ratio. One step at a time and this is only the beginning.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I stand by what Dazz said plus the most important is not how many women is in the Shura Council, the most important is that the men in the society stop thinking of women like inferior human being and wich I don't think King Abdullah can dp much about it IMO.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Saudi Arabia appoints Prince Muqrin as second deputy PM
reuters article
Old 03-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Prince Miteb bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz has passed a way. He was 53 years old.

Source
Old 04-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

HRH Prince Badr bin Abdulaziz Al Saud passes away
Source
Quote:
“The funeral prayers will be held on Tuesday at the Imam Turki Mosque in Riyadh,” the court said in a brief announcement carried by the Saudi Press Agency.
The prince, 81, is the 20th son of King Abdul Aziz Al Saud, the founder of the Saudi kingdom and its first ruler.
He served as minister of communication in 1961 and as deputy commander of the National Guard from 1968 until he asked to be relieved in November, 2010.
Saudi prince Bader Bin Abdul Aziz dies | GulfNews.com
Old 04-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Death of Prince Badr bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Quote:
The Saudi Royal Court announced today that Badr bin Abdulaziz Al Saud died today, April 1, at the age of 81. A statement issued by the court states funeral prayers for the late Prince will be performed after Asr prayer tomorrow, April 2, at the Imam Turkey bin Abdullah Mosque in Riyadh.
Prince Badr was born in 1932 to King Abdulaziz (the first Monarch of Saudi Arabia) and his 12th wife, Haya bint Sa’ad al- Sudairi (a member of the powerful Sudairi family). Prince Badr had well over fifty half-siblings and three full brothers, Princes Abdul Majeed and Abdul Ilah.
Condolences to the Saudi Royal Family.

Closed Thread