House of Saud, News and Current Events 2: November 2005-June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know they will not be executed? Isn't it death sentence a punishment for the prostitution in Saudi Arabia?:ermm:
i meant i hope they would not executed , hope you understand now
sorry for my very bad English :bang:
Does all "prostitutes" get death penalty ? I did hope they get away whit spending sometime in jail :sad:

French Jewish mother wins custody battle against Saudi prince - Telegraph
A French Jewish mother has won a custody battle in France against a Saudi prince, who has been ordered to return their 10-year old daughter he was alleged to have kidnapped after their cross-religious romance turned sour.
The Paris criminal court ordered Prince Sattam al-Saud from the kingdom’s founding royal family, to hand over custody of his daughter Aya to her French mother, Candice Cohen-Ahnine, and provide child support of €10,000 (£8,300) a month.

Saudi Prince won't give my daughter back | The Jewish Chronicle

Last edited:
Saudi crown prince in U.S. for medical tests

Prince Nayef, who has been the kingdom's interior minister for decades, arrived in Cleveland for "scheduled medical tests", it said, without giving further details...
reuters.com

:previous:
Isn't Prince Nayef the new Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia?

Thank you. :)
I do hope the Prince will be fine.

One more question concerning the House of Saud. It is my understanding that unlike most European Monarchies, the Heir to the Throne of Saudi Arabia is chosen or designated. How does the process work? And who are the eligible candidates: do they have to be close blood relatives - siblings or sons - of the reigning Monarch, or any member of the House of Saud will do?

Thank you. :)
I do hope the Prince will be fine.

One more question concerning the House of Saud. It is my understanding that unlike most European Monarchies, the Heir to the Throne of Saudi Arabia is chosen or designated. How does the process work? And who are the eligible candidates: do they have to be close blood relatives - siblings or sons - of the reigning Monarch, or any member of the House of Saud will do?

You'll find more to the answer by going through Saudi Succession thread

Influential Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Saud dies
Prince Mohammed Bin Saud, Influential Saudi Prince, Dead

Saudi Arabia says a senior prince and former defense minister has died. The 78-year-old Prince Mohammed bin Saud was not in line for the Saudi throne, but wielded influence as part of a council of royal family members that helps select the heirs to rule the oil-rich Western ally. The official Saudi Press Agency says Mohammed died Sunday, but gave no other details.

Former Saudi ambassador to U.S. appointed head of intelligence

...The TV reported that Prince Bandar, the son of the late Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz and the former ambassador to the United States, “has been appointed as the head of the Saudi Intelligence Agency, in addition to his post as the secretary general of the National Security Council.”...

Article

King arrived to Morocco for holiday a couple of days ago

Princess Basmaa Bint Saud attended the 2012 South-South Awards at The Waldorf-Astoria on September 23, 2012 in New York City.
Basma bint Saud is the 115th and youngest of King Saud's children. Her mother was a Syrian-born Jamila Merhi.

- Picture 1
- Picture 2
- Picture 3

King Saud has 115 children?!? :ohmy:
Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud had a very large harem (he had children by at least forty different women) and yes, 115 children. Basmaa is his youngest child with Jamila Mehri: her full siblings included Prince Khaled, Prince Abdul Majeed, Princess Fahda, Princess Sheikha, and Prince Abdul Malik. If I'm not mistaken, his eldest son was born in 1923, while Basma (the youngest) was born in 1964, meaning there was a 41 year difference between them.

Only a few of his children have a public role or are even known: among his sons were Muhammed bin Saud (former governor of Al Bahah province), Mishari bin Saud (current governor of Al Bahah province and a minister), and Mishaal bin Saud (former governor of Najran province).

Last edited:
Thank God, His Majesty's operation went on smoothly. Praying for his speed recovery, Insya 'Allah.

I was sent this today, I cannot vouch that it is what is really happening but it is something to brace yourself and it is from a pretty reliable source:
Quote:
Abdullah, 88, reportedly has been placed on life support after having undergone spinal surgery the week of Nov. 18.
That does not mean that he is dead but it does mean that the operation wasn't easy. He is, after all, 88. I hope he recovers 100%.

Saudi Arabian prince accused of smuggling in Russia | Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI).
MOSCOW, December 5 - RAPSI. Saudi Arabian Prince Sultan Bin Mohammed Bin Saud Al Kabeer has been accused of smuggling 49 eagles into Russia for hunting, including 16 rare species, Kommersant reported on Wednesday, citing the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources.

The royal family has arrived in Russia on a private plane to take part in a bird exhibition in Kalmykia. A scandal ensued after the service uncovered that the prince had smuggled 49 eagles into the country for hunting.

Although the birds were seized, the prince was not detained due to his diplomatic immunity.However, the service has notified the Foreign Ministry of the smuggling incident.

The prince is set to leave the country in the evening and the service is taking efforts to prevent his departure.

Ugh. Another reason not to like this bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom