House of Saud, News and Current Events 2: November 2005-June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Turki, Al-Jasser promoted - Arab News
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah issued two decrees on Saturday promoting Prince Turki bin Sultan and Abdullah Al-Jasser to the rank of deputy minister of culture and information. Both will have the rank of a minister.

Does King Abdullah Deserve UI?s Honorary Doctorate? | The Jakarta Globe
The rector of the University of Indonesia, Gumilar Rusliwa Somantri, has met with strong criticism from human rights activists, lawmakers and professors over his decision to award an honorary doctorate to Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah.

His Highness Prince Sultan Bin Nasser A. Bin Farhan Al Saud

hello and good morning,
is this person His Highness Prince Sultan Bin Nasser
A. Bin Farhan Al Saud real?
there is a story in Greece that this person want to buy Panathinaikos (football club).i am very consern about because i do not found anything about him on net!
thank you in advance.

Hello all, I would like to know exactly the same thing as tzouvar is asking. I translated some answers from an Arabic forum "http://humanf.org:8686/vb/showthread.php?t=99209" and some of them said he is a "prince" like 80.000 others, so no direct royal blood...I don't know but some of them said this is a thief?? I can't translate it very well using google translate, please help us find something meaningful.
Thank you.
277026_266050423427315_812066592_n.jpg

Saudi king shown on state TV looking well after surgery | Reuters
The octogenarian ruler of the world's top oil exporter and birthplace of Islam had surgery in Riyadh to tighten the ligament around a vertebra, less than a year after having two back operations in the United States.
The royal palace has said that the surgery was a success.
The monarch was shown on state television, in pictures carried by the state news agency and Saudi-owned newspapers bare headed and white robed in a hospital bed chatting with a group of senior royals.

Hello all, I would like to know exactly the same thing as tzouvar is asking. I translated some answers from an Arabic forum "http://humanf.org:8686/vb/showthread.php?t=99209" and some of them said he is a "prince" like 80.000 others, so no direct royal blood...I don't know but some of them said this is a thief?? I can't translate it very well using google translate, please help us find something meaningful.
Thank you.
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/277026_266050423427315_812066592_n.jpg
well he is from the Al-Saud family but not royal as he is not from king abdulaziz blood/ he carries the title prince but not HRH and not HH.
also the article is about him buying a football club some where in greece and the gentelman writting the article is apparently not happy that this price spent the money abroad and not in country / as some ppl always enjoy watching what other ppl do and what they should have done in thier opinion and because of that the writer thinks that this prince is a thief not because he has proof NO he just doesnt know where the prince got his money (i'm sure the prince didnt know he had to run everything he does in his life with the writer ).. the whole article is realy low class

Last edited by a moderator:
Saudi Prince, cleric offer $1m to kidnap Israeli soldier
A prominent cleric from Saudi Arabia has offered to pay $100,000 to any Palestinian who kidnaps an Israeli soldier, according to his Facebook page, wire agencies have reported. In addition Saudi Prince Khaled bin Talal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (brother of business tycoon Prince Alwaleed bin Talal), has offered $900,000 to take the total reward to $1m.

Saudi prince offers $900,000 to soldier abductors - Israel News, Ynetnews
Saudi Prince Khaled bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud declared Saturday he would give $900,000 to whoever abducts an Israeli soldier in order to be exchanged for Palestinian prisoners.

Saudi royal sells for $16.8 million - latimes.com
Saudi royal family member Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah has sold his Beverly Park compound for $16.875 million.
The two-house Mediterranean compound on more than three acres was built in 2002 in the gated community. Its combined 29,069 square feet of living space include 18 bedrooms and 28 bathrooms. The grounds include a swimming pooling, sun deck, cabana and a changing area.

Poll: Saudis will face internal conflict - Tehran Times
Respondents to a Press TV poll believe the Saudi Arabian royal family will face internal conflict and be forced to leave power. According to the opinion poll, about 47 percent of respondents believe that the Saudi royal family will eventually step down.
The poll indicates that around 45 percent of respondents are of the opinion that the House of Saud, which was installed by the United States and Britain, will continue to rule with the unwavering support of the US.
About eight percent said that the House of Saud will step down from power in favor of a popular government.

Kent villagers defeat Saudi Prince in footpath battle - Telegraph
Prince Khalid Abdullah came up against a group of more than 700 villagers in sleepy Shipbourne in Kent after he closed off a footpath - which dates back to Roman times - running through his plush Fairlawne Estate.
[...]
And now, after a three year battle, locals have won the right to use the path after the Planning Inspectorate overturned a decision by Kent County Council to ban locals from the path.

see also post #238 in this thread

King commissions gold-leaf train

Saudi Arabia commissions gold-leaf train | World news | guardian.co.uk
It may have been a tough year for Arab regimes facing unprecedented popular demands for change. But King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has signalled serene royal continuity by ordering the construction of a specially equipped private train to whisk him and his entourage between the holy cities of Mecca and Medina.
[...]
According to al-Shoula, the royal design will be based on the ordinary rolling stock being manufactured for the project, and will consist of 13 coaches. But their decor, Constructionweekonline.com reported on Tuesday, will be considerably "more lavish interior decor featuring plentiful gold leaf, especially on the ceilings".
King Abdullah, 87, will enjoy the use of an audience chamber, a bedroom, two guest suites and a dining lounge, as well as meeting rooms.

:previous: I can only imagine how much this commission will cost, not that money is an issue for the House of Saud, let alone it's King.

It will I'm sure be a lavish sight to behold when completed.

King calls for prayers seeking rain - Arab News
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah has called on worshippers in the Kingdom to perform rain-seeking prayers in all parts of the country on Dec. 26.
A royal court statement reported by SPA said Friday “as was the custom of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to pray for rain during times of drought, King Abdullah on Friday called on Muslims to perform prayers for rains on Monday in all parts of the Kingdom.”
Annual rainfall is extremely low in the Kingdom except in the Asir province which is influenced by the Indian Ocean monsoons. Water use in the Kingdom is already almost double the per capita global average and increasing at an ever faster rate with the rapid expansion of Saudi Arabia’s population and industrial development.

Saudi King's reform Step vs. Crown Prince's Ambitious Wahhabism
The Saudi Arabian monarchy is now led by two counterposed figures: the reforming King Abdullah and the fanatical Wahhabi crown prince Nayef.
Recent incidents in the kingdom, although at first glance minor, may indicate the approach of a significant confrontation between modernizing and retrogressive tendencies in the royal family.

Saudi King replaces head of morality police with moderate
Saudi Arabia's religious police, responsible for enforcing strict sharia law in the Kingdom, has been criticized in recent months for being too aggressive.
King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has relieved the current head of the Commission for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Humayen, from his position. Al-Humayen has been replaced by Sheikh Abdullatif bin Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahman Al-Asheikh, who is considered to be more moderate.

Saudi morality police bust “vice” ring, hold 10 women on prostitution - Bikya Masr
According to the daily Sharq newspaper, the Islamic police arrested 10 Asian women for allegedly “practicing prostitution.” Among the arrested are four employees of a large hospital in the country.
[...]
Local sources told Bikyamasr.com that the “house” where the girls were staying was run by a member of the royal family and had, according to one local resident, “been visited by so many men on a regular basis.”
The source added that “the girls were under basic slavery and were not allowed to leave the house even if they wanted to.”
No men were reportedly arrested in the raid. The women could face the death penalty if convicted of prostitution.

Saudi morality police bust “vice” ring, hold 10 women on prostitution - Bikya Masr
According to the daily Sharq newspaper, the Islamic police arrested 10 Asian women for allegedly “practicing prostitution.” Among the arrested are four employees of a large hospital in the country.
[...]
Local sources told Bikyamasr.com that the “house” where the girls were staying was run by a member of the royal family and had, according to one local resident, “been visited by so many men on a regular basis.”
The source added that “the girls were under basic slavery and were not allowed to leave the house even if they wanted to.”
No men were reportedly arrested in the raid. The women could face the death penalty if convicted of prostitution.
i find it idiotic because they were forced to do that , hope that they will not convicted

All over the world a lot of girls get exploited and used as sex slaves,they often have no support or protection because they have been human trafficked from poor countries and their passports are taken away from them.Men usually get away without being charged but the girls get punished for prostitution and can´t go back to their families because of what has happened to them:-(

i find it idiotic because they were forced to do that , hope that they will not convicted
Unfortunately, they were jailed already.
All over the world a lot of girls get exploited and used as sex slaves,they often have no support or protection because they have been human trafficked from poor countries...
I was shocked to know that the members of Saudi RF were somehow involved in human trafficking.

Three members of Saudi RF on Iraqi death row

Report: Saudi Arabia seeks swap for royals on Iraqi death row - Monsters and Critics
Efforts to implement a Saudi-Iraqi prisoner exchange have taken on extra urgency after it became known that three people facing the death penalty in Iraq are members of the Saudi royal family.
Saudi Arabia has been pushing for the exchange of the six Saudi nationals, reported an Iraqi state-run newspaper on Monday.
Iraqi Lawmaker Kamila al-Moussawi told the al-Sabah newspaper that three of the six Saudi nationals currently on death row are members of the royal family.
Saudi Arabia's royalty, the Al Saud family, is composed of thousands of members, though power rests with descendants of Saudi Arabia's founder, King Abdul-Aziz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom