House of Saud, News and Current Events 1: April-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussey

City
Liberty Township
Country
United States
There's been some confusion here, and being Saudi myself, I'm here to help you all out.

Now most of us think of Prince or Princess as being a special title. But in Saudi Arabia, "Prince" is given to any friend of the King, and every government leader from a city councilmen to the son of the king. "Princess" would be the title for the Prince's wives, up to four of them...

Just thought you guys would like to know that...

Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud attends the "Ardha" special evening
03/02/2005

Attachments

• photo_41_314.jpg
    photo_41_314.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,207
  • saud1.jpg
    saud1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,605
  • saud3.jpg
    saud3.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • photo_41_312.jpg
    photo_41_312.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,007
What do we know about the Saudi Prince Faisal bin Salman? Apparently he is a political science professor at King Saud University. His brother was the lovable Prince Ahmed who was famous in America for his love of horses.
I read an interview of Prince Faisal bin Salman on CNN.com concerning western views on Saudi society. His views were fantastic and very informative.

nyt_interbanner.gif
spacer.gif
22primer.468.jpg
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
[size=-2][/size]​

[size=-1]From top left to bottom right: King Fahd, Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud, Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, Prince Salman, Prince Nayef, Prince Saud al-Faisal, Prince Nawaf bin Abdul Aziz, Bandar bin Sultan, Prince Turki al-Faisal, Muhammad bin Fahd, Abdul Aziz bin Fahd, Khalid bin Sultan.[/size]

I've heard rumors that maybe Prince Alwaleed bin Talal al Saud could possibly become the next crown prince. Have they considered what will happen with Crown Prince Abdullah officially becomes King? What is the rumor within SA?

FranciscanFry said:
I've heard rumors that maybe Prince Alwaleed bin Talal al Saud could possibly become the next crown prince. Have they considered what will happen with Crown Prince Abdullah officially becomes King? What is the rumor within SA?

I think it is just rumor :)

houri said:
I think it is just rumor :)

yeah :) i knew it was a rumor. If there are rumors flying around about Prince Alwaleed, I wondered what the other rumors were considering the next crown prince. :)

Polfoto 14-04-2005 Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah, left, and French President Jacques Chirac, right, share a laugh as they visit the Louvre Museum in Paris, Thursday, April 14, 2005. The Crown Prince is in France for a two-day visit. At center is an unidentified curator. (AP Photo/Michel Euler, pool)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 452
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 407
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 442
Polfoto 13-04-2005 Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah reviews the honor guard as he arrives at the Elysee Palace to attend a state dinner hosted by French President Jacques Chirac in Paris, Wednesday, April 13, 2005. The crown prince is in France for a two-day visit. (AP Photo/Jacques Brinon)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 430
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 524
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 424
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 421
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 384
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 361
Aussey said:
There's been some confusion here, and being Saudi myself, I'm here to help you all out.

Now most of us think of Prince or Princess as being a special title. But in Saudi Arabia, "Prince" is given to any friend of the King, and every government leader from a city councilmen to the son of the king. "Princess" would be the title for the Prince's wives, up to four of them...

Just thought you guys would like to know that...

how interesting. i've always wondered why i've been to school with so many saudi arabian 'princes' and 'princesses' (C:

Caption:
CRAWFORD, TX - APRIL 25: U.S. President George W. Bush greets Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah on his ranch April 25, 2005 in Crawford, Texas. At left U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. The leaders are expected to talk about soaring global oil prices and prospects for peace in the Middle East. (Photo by Rod Aydelotte-Pool/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 471
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 510
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 423
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 439
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 484
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 477
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 402
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 333
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 683
a few more from Getty

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 385
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 391
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 383
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 394
Ok I am going to ask a question that is just bugging me. But do the Saudi royals ahve to wear that all the time? I know it is probbaly neccessary for them to wear them at funerals and weddings (althoguh I would be quick to forgive them if they did not), but they are at the President's ranch-a place to relax. Can;t they just wear some other attire? like I am sure Prince Alwaleed would-I reallly like him. Anyway I am not trying to offend anyone so plz just educate me as necessary. Thanks.

No, they don't have to wear the dishdasha all the time but understandebly they do. In loose, flowing clothing like the dishdasha, the air around the body flows freely and cools more readily, so understandebly anyone who is used to wearing it prefers it over other attires unless it's cold outside. When they're at home relaxing, they presumably take of the head-wear and the bisht (the over-coat) and only wear the dishdasha.

I have seen some senior al Sauds like Princes Turki, Talal (Alwaleed's father), who often hobnob with foreign dignitaries or hold posts abroad shift between suits and dishdasha/kandouras. I think even they change back to their dishdashas soon after finishing their meetings with foreign dignitaries. However, people like CP Abdullah, P. Sultan probably feel most comfortable in wearing the traditional garb. Just like I'm sure W. would feel a little uncomfortable if he was required to wear a dishdasha and a ghutra (the headwear) all of a sudden.

Last edited:
This is one of the banned photos of king fahd(weeps)

Attachments

• w6w_w6w_2005042708200480d4c.jpg
    w6w_w6w_2005042708200480d4c.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 692
Last edited by a moderator:
ammar sulaiman said:
This is one of the banned photos of king fahd(weeps)

thanks Ammar for the picture , I love him sooo much it seemes you don't :D :D

houri said:
thanks Ammar for the picture , I love him sooo much it seemes you don't :D :D

I love every good one and hate every bad, you are right dear houri:)

Akilah said:
Who is she? I have never heard of her? What is her story?

you are very lucky akilah,I wish if am like you ..
any how ,do you heared about the film ( Death of a princess) the film a bout this princess in the photo ( mishail al saud)
a photo from the film:
w6w_w6w_20050427230053898d06c6.jpg

Her story is too long ,i advised to go to these links

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/princess/

http://www.cjr.org/issues/2003/6/reagans-grossman.asp

http://whirledview.typepad.com/whirledview/2005/04/arab_women_sinc.html

Last edited:
Akilah said:
Who is she? I have never heard of her? What is her story?
As I read she was executed (shot dead) for wanting to marry a man of her choice. Her family did not consent to the marriage and she was caught in her attempt to elope. Her lover was beheaded and she shot dead as per order from her grandfather. But this happened 28 years ago.

Are there any females in the Saudi Police? How come two males are holding on Mishaal? Isn't this wrong/forbidden as per Wahhabi interpretation?

La la said:
Are there any females in the Saudi Police? How come two males are holding on Mishaal? Isn't this wrong/forbidden as per Wahhabi interpretation?

I am assuming since she is going to her death that it does not matter.

Akilah said:
I am assuming since she is going to her death that it does not matter.
Yes, I was also thinking in that direction but for a country with a 'system', that prevented a husband whose his wife fainted in public from helping her up I thought it to be weird.

Last edited:
La la said:

there is no females in the saudi police .
for house of Saud very rarly when they fellow islamic law,just in some cases they will fellow if its for thier acount,in many ocasions they (prince salman , prince naif ) mentioned clearly (not publicly) that islamic law can't be applied to House of Saud,even in the case of the princess Mishail ,the family refused killing her,but her grand father Mohammed challenged them and did it by a executioner from his side and not official one,the offcial executioner asked for the order from the court,but there is no any order bucause there is no court in saudi arabia will give any order againest any of the royal family..and the job done.there is many cases like this but remain secret,just seven months after mashail execution ,another prince came to king khalid and asked him the same for his doughter,but king khalid shocked and told him : try to kill her secretly ,enough what happened for us because of mashail case. just one week after this conversation ,a news circulated between the family that the ,the same princess drowned in the swimming pool !!

wahhabizm is not real islamic one its staretd as a religous group using some good islamic things to let some people feel happy about it and fellow it ,but they have another aim ,first to help Mohammed ibn saud the first who estableshed the saudi royal family ,Mohammed ibn saud use to work as a gent for merchants whom they use to come to NAJD ,and when he use to be in financial trouble he use to work as a thief with the students of mohammed bin abdul wahhab,and they raided and controlled many villages robbing its people,some time they will go so far to the roads towards makkah to rob the pilgrims..once they killed 3000 pigrims from yemen comming to makkah ;they took thier cloths and food(happened in time of king abdulaziz father of this king) .Dr. Madhawi al rasheed mentioned clearly in her book (the history of saudi arabia ) that mohammed bin abdul wahhab use to give a dvices for these (gangs)before they leave .Wahabizm is not islamic one dear la la.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom