Death of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud: January 23, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
King Abdullah bin abdul aziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia passed away...may GOD rest his soul in peace.
The sad news spreaded on the web waiting for royal court official announcement.
"عمون" تؤكد وفاة خادم الØ*رمين الشريفين الملك عبدالله بن عبدالعزيز .. | اهم الاخبار | وكالة عمون الاخبارية
A lot of Saudi tv channels including MBC group stopped their regular shows & started airing parts of the holy Qurran live from Mecca.

Now the Saudi tv officially announced the death of king Abdullah. He passed away today ( Jan 23) at 1:00 am local time (10:00 pm GMT).

Last edited by a moderator:
may his soul rest in peace

May his soul rest in peace.

Who will be the next king?

May he rest in peace,death is never easy to deal with.
i think CP Salman bin Abdulaziz to be next King.

According to the royal court King Salman bin Abdul Aziz succeeded his brother as king of Saudi Arabia & Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques. Prince Muqren appointed new crown prince.

Funeral will be held later today (Jan 23rd) after Al-aser prayer in the capital Riyadh. Following the Saudi traditions the late king will be buried after the funeral prayer in Al-oud cemetery in Riyadh with his late brothers, the former kings of Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
:previous:
that's quicky!!!?
that wont give time to alot of who will want to come and pay respect to the late King?

that's quicky!!!?that wont give time to alot of who will want to come and pay respect to the late King?

yes, according to islamic tradition a deceased should be buried quickly---but dont worry, there will be a lot people for funeral prayer to pay respect to the late king

I think the leaders of Arab neighbor countries will atted the mourning ceremony only. Burial will be simple & limited to family members as happend when the late King Fahd passed away in 2005

yes i remember that King Fahd too have very simple and intimate burial,then leaders from around the world come to pay their respect so i think that will happen this time too.

And the coronation of the new king will be when?

i am not too familiar with Saudi tradition in this matter but i guess there will be nothing special for the new King coronation,just Princes of family swore allegiance in smal audiences.

...... i guess there will be nothing special for the new King coronation,just Princes of family swore allegiance in smal audiences.

That sounds to be the way it will be done.

Last edited:
Condolences to the family. May he rest in peace. His Majesty made the long trip to Brisbane, Australia for the World Leaders G20 Summit November 15th. January the 1st he was admitted to hospital. So I guess the Crown Prince Salman acted as regent for his brother then. Crown Prince Salman is 80 yrs old.

And the coronation of the new king will be when?
There is no such ceremony in Saudi Arabia. King Salman officially succeeded his late brother as king & prince Muqrin became crown prince. People will pay support, respect & condolences to the new king & crown prince in a special ceremony to be held today night following the funeral.

Last edited:
Prince salman

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community mobile app

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
The death of King Abdullah now also makes Queen Elizabeth II the oldest Monarch in the world.

Salman is the new King of Saudi Arabia

Saudi's King Salman follows in brother's footsteps
Article

Prince Muqrin named Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince
Article

Death of King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud : January 23, 2015

May the human rights record improve with new leadership.

Edited to add: that's actually not fair. He did make important reforms- just not nearly enough in my opinion, but this is the wrong place/time to talk about that.

I would have just deleted my original post but couldn't from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
King Abdullah II will attend the burial and funeral according to media reports.

Back
Top Bottom