Death of Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud (1934-2012): June 16, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
BBC News - Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Nayef dies

Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud has died, state media say. He was 77 or 78 years old.

Prince Nayef, who was also deputy prime minister and interior minister, had left the Gulf kingdom for a holiday and medical tests late last month.

Last edited:
OH god! this so sad.
may he rest in peace.

wasn't he recently appointed the crown prince?
may he rest in peace.

yes Charlotte_Aster,he was appointed CP just few months ago;pitty.

May he rest in peace , I very sad to hear it because he only CP for months :ermm:

My condolences.
I wasn't even aware the Crown Prince had any health problems.

One question though: who is the most likely candidate to become a Crown Prince now? Most people seem to think it'll be Salman bin Abdul-Aziz.

I've heard a couple of months that he was in hospital but nothing serious only annual medical check but seems that's things goes wrong since.
I also wonder who will be the next CP I think rejuvenation of the CP position in Arabi Saudi is more than necessary now.

A death is always sad, but I think the future of the Saudi monarchy will be better for it.

He certainly wasn't the most progressive of indavidual's and he had a very hard lined view of the west.

Salman bin Abdul-Aziz

Said to be of a diplomatic nature with good relations in many circles abroad. Apparently he settles alot of disputes in the 4,000 strong Saudi royal family. Certainly qualities of diplomacy would be necessary.

In comparison to the late Crown Prince, Salman would appear a more progressive and balanced indavidual.

I do hope he is made Crown Prince.

Last edited:
May he rest in peace,
It is sad that the King have witnessed a lot of his siblings' death !

May God Bless His Soul and The Paradise will be his final destination

So sad news !! may god rest his soul in peace.

Oh my goodness! First Sultan, now Nayef; IMHO the King should appoint somebody from younger generation a Crown Prince.

As for health problems, I read that Nayef had diabetes and osteoporoosis.

Rest in peace.

Oh my goodness! First Sultan, now Nayef; IMHO the King should appoint somebody from younger generation a Crown Prince.

As for health problems, I read that Nayef had diabetes and osteoporoosis.

Rest in peace.

I agree that the Saudi royals should select a much younger prince to succeed
King Abdullah but the Saudis select their crown prince going by seniority.
Rest In Peace to the late Crown Prince Nayef.

I think I read that Prince Hashim of jordan will go to saudi to offer condolences for King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz.

HRH Prince Moulay Rachid in Jeddah to represent HM the King in funeral of late Saudi Crown Prince
Jeddah - HRH Prince Moulay Rachid arrived Sunday in Jeddah to represent HM King Mohammed VI in a ceremony to offer condolences to Custodian of the two Holy Mosques, king Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, following the death, Saturday, of Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud....MAP

Back
Top Bottom