The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

The book "Rendez-moi ma fille" by Candice Cohen-Ahnine is available on these three online booksellers, by the first link even as an e-book:

http://www.decitre.fr/livres/rendez-...809805451.html
http://livre.fnac.com/a3675342/Candi...z-moi-ma-fille
http://www.priceminister.com/offer/b...en-ahnine.html

Maybe this information will be helpfull for you to find an answer for some of your outstanding issues. Unfortunately, the books are only available in French and on the european market. But I fear that it highlights only one side and keep the other in the dark.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Courtier

Prince Sattam, father of Aya daughter of Candice Cohen-Ahnin is the same prince Sattam who died last february?

Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
Prince Sattam, father of Aya daughter of Candice Cohen-Ahnin is the same prince Sattam who died last february?
No.
Now,nearly a year after apparent suicide of Candice, the father of her daughter, Prince Sattam will be interviewed under caution by police investigating strange circumstances of Candice's death.

Mort de Candice Cohen*: le mari soupçonné - 16/06/2013 - leParisien.fr
"Rendez-moi ma fille!". Le mari de Candice Cohen-Anine en examen - Paris Match
Old 06-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Right and how much money will exchange hands. And, if it was an "apparent suicide", why question anyone? And if it was "apparent", why is it strange circumstances?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Right and how much money will exchange hands. And, if it was an "apparent suicide", why question anyone? And if it was "apparent", why is it strange circumstances?
Probably here they used diplomatic terms.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
No.
Now,nearly a year after apparent suicide of Candice, the father of her daughter, Prince Sattam will be interviewed under caution by police investigating strange circumstances of Candice's death.

Even if they can´t punish him for his actions, I feel better that at least they are questioning him. This will certainly make him feel uncomfortable and maybe he regrets how he has handled the whole situation. I really hope that Candice Cohen Agnine´s daughter has a good life & someone who also looks after her emotional well-being and happiness.
. Helen Keller
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No.

The short article does not specify whether is meant with "husband", Prince Sattam or the man who was married with her at the time of her death and on the day of tragedy was also present ​​in the apartment. I do not think that the article refers to Prince Sattam. He was not in the apartment or in the near of her at the fatal day. Maybe there is also no chance to questioning him by french court or police because he is constantly staying in KSA. Any further news in this case in English available?

Old 08-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Gentry

[QUOTE=blauerengel;1520626]A little bit I can tell you from listening to the interviews (it may be that I misunderstood some things but I am trying to do my best):
She has met the Prince when she was in London in 1998,Cohen was 18 back than and her daughter Aya arrived three years later (enough time to tell her that he could not make her his official wife and explain why...)there was something about a hospital in Egypt where she woke up and afterwards she went back to Paris but I didn´t quite understand all of it-was it after giving birth or did she have an accident? However,that made her reevaluate her relationship but the Prince tried to win her back and she sais that the "love came back" and he provided her with a princess life-own appartment in the Palace in Ryadh,chauffeur etc.There were plans that they get married but short before the wedding plans were finalised she got the information that he has to marry his cousin who would than be the Prince´s first and official wife.Cohen-Agnine didn´t want to be hidden like a shame and live the life of a mistress and therefore she went back to Europe because the prospct of being a secret wife was completely unacceptable to her.So she went back to Europe and got information about what she could do in her situation,how can she get back her daughter and her family and friends were very worried for her.
QUOTE]

Your efforts are noticed, don't worry
However, To avoid making erroneous interpretation , I will post the entire translation of the interview when I come back.

Actually, there are some incorrect statements
Old 08-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

She was a fool, IMHO, some how he had her murdered. But what is new with these people. A whole bunch of junk for people who think they can have several wives and a lot of mistresses and it is, pardon the expression, "Kosher".
Old 08-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
No.

Allow me to add a rectification : the article reads that Candice C-A's husband has been charged with " psychological violence causing death". The man isn't Prince Sattam, but Alain Cucumel , a French-Israeli man to whom she married in 2011.
He was her 2nd husband.

According to some witnesses, they had an arguement, and Candice CA tried to reach her neighbours' flat through the window and fell over.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She was a fool, IMHO, ......he had her murdered.
Countess, it is not proven (!!!) at the moment whether Prince Sattam had something to do with it or not. More likely is, that the 2nd husband of her, whom she married after the divorce from Saudi prince, is involved in the case. But even this suspicion is yet not clearly proved. As far as I know, only the second husband was subpoenaed for a questioning and only against him investigations are ongoing at the moment. It is also unknown, if the case was murder or a fatal accident. Currently all of the evidences speak for an accident.

Quote:
......A whole bunch of junk for people who think they can have several wives and a lot of mistresses and it is, pardon the expression, "Kosher".
This is your way of looking at things, which is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of our way of life. Serveral times we have already discussed this issue here, far away from the actual theme of the thread. "Kosher", as you described, are only one to four wives, with whom one must be married. In GCC only a small number of men have more than one wife. For polygamy there are some conditions to note. Only if a implementation of the conditions is possible a marriage with more than one woman is allowed. By the way: "Mistresses" (secret girl-friends) are not according to the Islamic point of view. It is forbidden. Of course, there are Muslim men who disregard this. But it is not a usual, common practice in our societies on the Arabian Peninsula, as you describe it here.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Even if they can´t punish him for his actions, I feel better that at least they are questioning him. This will certainly make him feel uncomfortable and maybe he regrets how he has handled the whole situation. I really hope that Candice Cohen Agnine´s daughter has a good life & someone who also looks after her emotional well-being and happiness.
The one who is questioned by the police is not the saudi prince and her daughter's father, but her husband, who is a french israeli man to whom she was married since 2011 according to this article.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Countess, it is not proven (!!!) at the moment whether Prince Sattam had something to do with it or not. More likely is, that the 2nd husband of her, whom she married after the divorce from Saudi prince, is involved in the case. But even this suspicion is yet not clearly proved. As far as I know, only the second husband was subpoenaed for a questioning and only against him investigations are ongoing at the moment. It is also unknown, if the case was murder or a fatal accident. Currently all of the evidences speak for an accident.

This is your way of looking at things, which is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of our way of life. Serveral times we have already discussed this issue here, far away from the actual theme of the thread. "Kosher", as you described, are only one to four wives, with whom one must be married. In GCC only a small number of men have more than one wife. For polygamy there are some conditions to note. Only if a implementation of the conditions is possible a marriage with more than one woman is allowed. By the way: "Mistresses" (secret girl-friends) are not according to the Islamic point of view. It is forbidden. Of course, there are Muslim men who disregard this. But it is not a usual, common practice in our societies on the Arabian Peninsula, as you describe it here.
It will never be proven. Money and power can hide anything. Don't fool yourself. All the rhetoric does not meet up with the way Saudi princes, really, live. They have mistresses and multiple wives. Some for a short time, what is called, I am not sure, but is it for convenience of the man, consider an overnight marriage or such. Lovely, for a man. Sorry, your treatment of women is substandard. Especially, in the 21st century.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Gentry

As promised , here is the translated interview of Candice Cohen Ahnine , according to this video :
/!\ Please, keep in mind that this is her version of the story. The odds are We'll never know the whole truth.

Journalist : She was very attractive, and deeply in love, their chaotic lovestory will last 10 years, until the birth of their daughter, Aya. “Candice cohen Ahnine”, this is the interview of the week...

J- In 1997, you are 18 y/o when you meet him ? It was love at first sight, wasn’t it ?

CCA- yes,true ! it was a true love at first sight, a true love story who lasted for nearly a decade

J-so Sattam, a Saudi prince,…..how did he first introduce himself ? How did you see him ?

CCA : well, you know , in fact, we are the same age so our mindsets were those of 2 spoilt children, totally carefree people. We were very close to each other, and , maybe you’ve seen pictures of him but he is a really charming man.

J- one of the key moment of your relationship , in order to better understand it , is when you got pregnant and he led you to abort….How old were you?

CCA : I was about 20-21 y/o , I don’t remember exactly.

J : when he suggested aborting the child what did you think of it ?

CCA : I was unhappy and I couldn’t accept it

J : why did he want you to abort ?

CCA :he said he couldn’t have a child at that time, it was too early , we were too young and towards his family , this situation was unacceptable. So at the evening I went to his mother’s bathroom and I took medicines, I took a whole pack of Valium. The next day I got up in the bed, and I was bleeding, but I still felt numb because I took lots of medicine the day before.

J- why were you bleeding ?

CCA : I had my menstruation. So, I opened up my eyes, and he was next to me in the bed. He asked me how I felt, he told me everything was OK… And then I started to get my head straight and to remember what happened, to remember he took me to the hospital

J : so he gave you an abortion pill ( to abort ) ?

Cca : absolutely not , it was a massacre in a hospital in Egypt !

02.43 min Voice-over : Between Beirut, Cairo and St tropez, Sattam managed to woo her back, the couple date again and 2 years later CCA was pregnant again, she wanted this time to abort but he asked her to keep the child. She was later casually informed that he married another woman in KSA.

03 min J : How did you find yourself locked up in KSA ?

CCA : It was the end of the summer, I came back with the kid from Morocco where he didn’t join us.

It should be pointed out that my daughter’s father and I split up in 2007. So he usually used to meet his daughter either in France or abroad. But, this time he said he couldn’t come, and he emphatically asked us to Join him in Saudi Arabia. Finally I accepted and Flown to Saudi Arabia.

When I landed to Riyadh’s airport he wasn’t there.The welcome was special. his secretary was there, waiting for us.He took our passports and we drove to the Palace. When we arrived , I was sitting at the right side of the car, my daughter at my left .I opened the car’s door , someone opened my daughter’s door and I saw my daughter’s grandmother taking her , nicely welcoming her and heading the palace, without even saying hello to me.

I called my daughter , but Sattam’s sister pinned me against the wall and told me that “It’s been one year since I kidnapped Aya,” so as a consequence I had to pay the price ,and that I belonged there from now (she was showing of a place ).

At first I didn’t understand what she meant by “ belong there” . I said “ what’s all this ? what are you talking about ?”. She spat on me and left. Then , The maid indicated me a place : it was a complete furnished room. Clearly they wanted me to stay and settle there. This was the moment where everything began : during 7 months I have been locked up in this palace.( at 5.11 min you can see a map of the neighborhood)

J : You never went out of this room, did you ?

CCA : No, I was completely detained. I managed to escape when a maid opened up the door and told me I could have a walk in the garden. I flee by the men’s side and run out to the French embassy , next to the palace. I explained them that I’ve been detained, I’ve been separated from my daughter and suffered physical abuse. The consul of France told me she couldn’t do anything for me and asked me to return to the palace, and that’s what I did.

The day after ,Sattam’s mother came , yelling , and said that I’ll bite the dust as a consequence of my escapade.She said Neither the Embassy nor Nicolas Sarkozy ( former president of France) will be able to rescue me.

From then , I decided to do my best to try to see my daughter, convey her messages….I witnessed Sattam’s sisters beating her each time she was running, each time she tried to see me . One day she even came back with a black eye.

J : what about you ? did they Physically abuse you ?

CCA : Never. They tried once, but sattam’s mother came and told them to be careful because if I was beaten they were screwed.

J : The option was either to save your skin and leave your daughter behind , or stay with Aya , wasn’t it ?

CCA : No,not at all. The Registrar of the Islamic Tribunal of Riyadh urged me to sign a document and to come with him. I later was informed that is was a warrant , saying that I was a Muslim woman converted to Judaism and that I recited Jewish psalms to our child, therefore it amounts to capital punishment.

But fortunately I refused to sign the warrant.

The Registrar yelled at me and said He would come back with the police in few minutes.When he left , I called the French embassy and pretended to be sick so that the send me an ambulance. They said I didn’t have the permission to leave the palace,so they couldn’t do anything. I Insisted and when I reached the embassy they received the warrant.

From that moment I was stuck and couldn’t go anywhere else then the embassy, which was the only place where I was safe.This situation lasted for more than 3 months.
Finally I was extradite by the ( French) Ministry, as I couldn’t stay in the embassy forever.

J : currently, your daughter is still there , but the French judiciary said you now hold the rights of your daughter’s custody ….

CCA : this time it’s for good !

J : logically, all we would have to do by now, is to send policemen there and take back your daughter….

CCA : true, like in movies. My biggest fear is to learn they’ve married her. He could do it ! It’s been 4 years now and I wonder how my daughter looks like. I don’t even have a picture of her. I had to create fake facebook profiles, in order to be his friend and take pictures of my daughter. And what did I see ! pictures of her wearing a niqab ( pictures @ 10.05 min) and posing with firearms ! It was a living hell for me. I escaped from a hell to discover another one again ….

J : Concerning the option of bringing back Aya, by sending the police, you said It won’t work, consequently how could it work ?

CCA : I don’t know, I have no idea .

J : Will you give us news ?

CCA : Of course ! Of course I will keep you up to date and hopefully it will be optimistic news. I wish I had the answers to your questions though.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by berber princess View Post
As promised , here is the translated interview of Candice Cohen Ahnine .......

/!\ Please, keep in mind that this is her version of the story. The odds are We'll never know the whole truth.
Thank you so much for the great work you did! Very friendly of you to translate for those who do not understand French.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

That is a sad story. My question is this, are abortions really allowed there? I would think it would be frowned upon because of religion. I don't know much of the religion, it's just I thought maybe having a child would be a good thing. Please explain.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

My understanding is that there is not one nation in the Islamic world where abortion is legal.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
My understanding is that there is not one nation in the Islamic world where abortion is legal.

First of all, you have to distinguish between muslim countries and muslim countries applying Sharia law.
for instance, Turkey is a muslim country but disregard Sharia law.

Although there are different views among the scholars. However most of jurisprudents schools consider abortion as legal if practiced before the 40 first days. After this due date, abortion isn't allowed unless the mother's health or well-being is at risk , then it is only permitted during the first 120 days

There are many other rules, but I tried to be brief.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you much, that is excellent information. I had no idea.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Thank you much, that is excellent information. I had no idea.

you are welcome

If you take interest in the subject, I adivse you to make further researches
You'll see the great similarities between Islam and Judaism concerning this question and many others. (Judaism allows abortion if done before the 40 first days since the embryo, as in Islam at this due date isn't considered having a soul)