Royal Family of the Kingdom of Bahrain (Al Khalifa Dynasty) Part 1: Mar 2004-Mar2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum is rarely updated. It seems the family is keeping a low profile. How happened? For awhile there was talk of the family members torturing people and now nothing. What happened with those cases?

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton(not seen) and Crown Prince of Bahrain Sheikh Salman bin Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa,speak to reporters May 9, 2012 before a bilateral meeting at the Department of State in Washington, DC. AFP PHOTO / Karen BLEIER (Photo credit should read KAREN BLEIER/AFP/GettyImages)

GettyImages pictures

who is SH Nasser Bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa? And who is married to?

nice video.
right her french is not bad at all nice to see her out doing things.

There is an error in this article; It's not Nasser who is the heir of the throne, but Salman.
I didn't even know he was in Poland.

There is an error in this article; It's not Nasser who is the heir of the throne, but Salman.
I didn't even know he was in Poland.
Probably writer from "Wyborcza" thought that by mentioning the crown prince more people will be interested to read the whole text... :)

Princess Meriam Al-Kahlifa

Since this young lady divorced her marine husband and returned to Baharain, she has seemed to be wiped from history. There is no reference to her, photos of her, no acknowledgement of her. It is as if her life ended with her divorce and when she returned to her parents home.

Has anyone heard or seen anything on this young lady who followed her heart or so it seems, found independence, and lost the luster for her life with the young marine?

What concerns me is the lack of did she ever marry, go to college, what is she doing with her life since her return. The King supposedly forgave her as well as her family and she was to have returned with open arms. Or, did she just evaporate into history, making you wonder about her life.

It is as if she never lived. I see nothing about her. It is curious.

HH Sheikh Khaled (23 Sept 1989)
engaged March 2011, married June 2011 Princess Sahab bint Abdulla bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud (b.14 February 1993)
(NB the King's Twitter announcement stated HH not HRH; spelling of Princess Sahab's full name as written by the King)

They had first child, Faisal, on 12 December.

Source: their thread in "Royal Weddings" section.

The King of Bahrain Sheikh Hamad bin Issa al-Khalifa arrives for the opening ceremony and football match between Bahrain and Oman in the 21st Gulf Cup tournament in the capital Manama, on January 5, 2012. Eight nations are taking part in the games and they include Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iraq along with Bahrain and Oman.
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4391/picture40409056previeww.jpg
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3451/picture40409010previeww.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9742/picture40411556previeww.jpg

Since this young lady divorced her marine husband and returned to Baharain, she has seemed to be wiped from history. There is no reference to her, photos of her, no acknowledgement of her. It is as if her life ended with her divorce and when she returned to her parents home.

Has anyone heard or seen anything on this young lady who followed her heart or so it seems, found independence, and lost the luster for her life with the young marine?

What concerns me is the lack of did she ever marry, go to college, what is she doing with her life since her return. The King supposedly forgave her as well as her family and she was to have returned with open arms. Or, did she just evaporate into history, making you wonder about her life.

It is as if she never lived. I see nothing about her. It is curious.

You are right. I hope she is still alive and she has her freedom. For such an independant and revolutionnary person she was, it is strange to dissapear like this. I would really see her creating an humanitary foundation or promote the relations between the Bahreini women and the occidenatl world.

Wedding of the second in line to the throne!

Sheikh Isa bin Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa of Bahrain (b.7 March 1990) [son of Sheikh Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa, Crown Prince of Bahrain (b.1969) & his wife, Sheikha Hala bint Duajj al Khalifa] got married on 2 May in al-Manama. The bride's given name is reportedly Jawaher.

Source for both: Netty's Royalty Page Genealogical News 2013

Congrats to the young couple!
Isa is probably first grandchild of the King who gets married.

:bahrainflag::king2::hug::rose::rose::twohearts::fireworks:
P. S. I looked through the whole site: bahrain (ten genealogy pages) and I didn't found any other Isa bin Salman bin Hamad, so it must be the son of the heir!

I believe your information is correct,Biri :)

Good luck to the young couple!

:mountie:

Biri said:
Sheikh Isa bin Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa of Bahrain (b.7 March 1990) [son of Sheikh Salman bin Hamad al-Khalifa, Crown Prince of Bahrain (b.1969) & his wife, Sheikha Hala bint Duajj al Khalifa] got married on 2 May in al-Manama. The bride's given name is reportedly Jawaher.

Source for both: Netty's Royalty Page Genealogical News 2013

Congrats to the young couple!
Isa is probably first grandchild of the King who gets married.

:bahrainflag::king2::hug::rose::rose::twohearts::fireworks:
P. S. I looked through the whole site: bahrain (ten genealogy pages) and I didn't found any other Isa bin Salman bin Hamad, so it must be the son of the heir!

He is so young!! i thought it was only normal for girls to be married at a young age not guys too.
how old were sheikh nasser and sheikh khaled when they got married?

Nasser was 22, Khaled - nearly 22, so they were even younger than Isa, who turned 23 already.

I believe it is not unusual to get married early in Arabic families,especially for women. Nowadays they usually finish school first - at least that is what is expected from a bride/groom of a good family-and than they can get married/enroll in a university/start a job etc.
Generally, the average age in the Middle East for marriage is lower than in Europe,but there are also countries (mostly in the developing world) where ppl get married even younger.

Personally I am not shocked by 20-somethings to get married,IMO it always depends on the individual and their emotional constitution and maturity.Some women or men are early developers and some do not even get wise when they grow gray hair...
Furthermore, I find it useful to see a little bit of the world and get to know yourself well before you decide to get married because it is such an important decision.
For a Muslim man the risk is not so big because he can marry up to 4 wives legally with no social stigma (With exceptions in certain Arabic countries and all Western countries where polygamy is not allowed),but as a woman you must think about it even harder because it is very difficult to marry again once you have children or when you are a divorced lady....

Last edited:
Noura Bint Ebrahim Al-Khalifa, Bahrain Princess, Accused Of Torture

"Over the course of the following months the country entered an acute human rights crisis: excessive force was repeatedly used by security forces against peaceful protesters and close to 50 people were killed and hundreds others injured. Hundreds of people were also arrested and tried before military courts, with many reporting they were tortured or otherwise ill-treated in detention. More than 4,000 protesters were dismissed from their jobs or expelled from university for having participated in the protests."(Amnesty International)

Additional to the accusations against Nasser & Khalid bin Hamad,now there is one more member of the royal family of Bahrain who is linked to torture and human rights violations:
"Sheikha Noura Bint Ebrahim al-Khalifa, a member of Bahrain's ruling family, stood trial on Sunday for allegedly torturing two doctors who treated injured protesters during demonstrations in 2011, Reuters reports."

The news and the inactivity in order to end the violence and oppression of opposition in Bahrain is not going to help to end the political instability in the region....

More to read about the situation:Bahrain

Excerpt from the article mentioned above:
"One way to solve your image problem would be to welcome reform and stop committing gross human rights violations! Clearly that’s not on the table, so you need to spend millions on PR and invite journalists to your brand new Formula 1 racetrack to see how lovely it is. According to Bahrain Watch, that's what the country's regime has been doing: it's spent at least $32 million on image management since the start of the Arab Spring. I'm familiar with this because one of these companies threatened to sue the Guardian for libel after I wrote an article with Nabeel Rajab which accused the Bahraini security forces of torturing employees at the F1 track. The PR firm did not question that torture had taken place, just that it had not happened on the premises of the F1 track. The libel threat was eventually withdrawn after a footnote was added to the article, but the point was made: we have money, and we will bully and threaten you if you criticize us."

A BBC report where you can also see & hear the new police advisor,who was also involved in the UK phone hacking scandal and now advises the Royal family of Bahrain with his experience and doubt-worthy moral values...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriWCMR478o

He said that reforms cannot "happen over night" even though the people have demanded more political representation and human rights for more than a decade...since 1920,there have been a lot of calls for more freedom of speech and many other rights that we take for granted in Europe and other parts of the world.

Wikipedia entry about John Yates:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Yates_(police_officer)

The part of the Wikipedia entry about Yate´s activities in Bahrain is particularly interesting:

Advisor to Bahrain

After findings that the security forces of Bahrain used excessive force, torture and summary justice to crush a popular protest movement, Yates was appointed to oversee reform of the police force.[27]

Subsequent to his appointment, Human Rights Watch criticized the Kingdom's authorities for failing to adopt "critical recommendations" made by an independent commission that looked into extensive human rights violations during the crackdown on pro-democracy protesters in 2011.[28] Joe Stork, deputy Middle East director at Human Rights Watch, said Bahrain's authorities had failed to investigate the involvement of high-ranking officials in "rampant torture or unlawful killings." [29]

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph Yates said kettling "would work really well around here" in the face of "wanton damage" and "vandalism".[30]

Prior to the 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix, Yates condemned what he said were "criminals" attacking unarmed police. He told Channel 4 News: "Bahrain is a place, a beautiful place. But there are some problems in some of the villages. There are some daily skirmishes, very dangerous skirmishes between what can only be described as criminals who are throwing petrol bombs at police and otherwise attacking the police... What we see in the villages is nothing like peaceful protest. These are attacks on police officers, unarmed police officers." [31]

Yates claimed that reporting of events presented a "distorted picture" and that he felt "completely safe. Indeed, safer than I have often felt in London".[32][33] The day after his comments, a child was admitted to intensive care after being shot in the chest by anti-riot police firing live ammunition and tear gas during a funeral procession for an activist killed the previous month.[34]

Strong criticism has been directed at Yates for comments he has made on policing in Bahrain. New Statesman senior editor Mehdi Hasan branded the former Met chief a "disgrace",[35] while Bahrani pro-democracy activist Ali Mushaima called for Yates to leave the country, saying: "John Yates is not welcome in Bahrain."[32] Despite a man being beaten to death by police on the eve of the Grand Prix,[36] and despite the arrests of Japanese and Western journalists (their Bahraini associates were also badly beaten),[37] the day after the race Yates had an article in the Telegraph in which he claimed that Bahrain was "bewildered by the world's hostility" and said the country "is not Syria". He added: "The abiding image I have of the Grand Prix last weekend was of thousands of people enjoying themselves at the post‑event parties."[38]

A week later, Human Rights Watch released another report on Bahrain:
"The police are beating and torturing detainees, including minors, despite public commitments to end torture and police impunity. . . . Bahrain has displaced the problem of torture and police brutality from inside police stations to the point of arrest and transfer to police stations. . . . Human Rights Watch raised the issue of police brutality and torture during arrest and at informal facilities with Bahrain's chief of public security, Major General Tariq al-Hasan, and his two senior international advisers, John Yates and John Timoney, on April 17. Timoney and Yates said they had visited some of the facilities identified by Human Rights Watch but found no evidence at the time of their visits of detainees being taken there and mistreated."[39]

A few weeks later, the Bahraini government was forced to deny independent autopsy evidence that Yousef Mowali, a 23-year-old man with mental health problems, had been electrocuted and otherwise tortured by the police until he lost consciousness; Mowali was then dumped in water while still unconscious, and he drowned.[40]"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom