Royal Family of the Kingdom of Bahrain (Al Khalifa Dynasty) Part 1: Mar 2004-Mar2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld (R) walks with Bahrain's Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa (C) along a U.S. military honor cordon on the steps to the Pentagon in Washington March 22, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• r2640201781.jpg
    r2640201781.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,998
Iman said:
Does anyone knwos what happend to de princess from Bahrein???
Is she married know???

Sheikha Mariam ran away from Bahrain with her Marine boyfriend. She sought refuge in the United States and after a court issue, she won assylum. She and the marine married shortly after that. They divorced shortly after their 5th year anniversary. She is now back in Bahrain with her family.

Shai5ah said:
he's 18

and the king has many wives;)

Does he have two or three wives? I've heard two and then I've also heard three. First wife is Sabeeka, second wive being the Saudi (Nasser's mother), then it gets sketchy. I heard that Faisal (Allah with him) was the only son of the third wife??
Does anyone know what is true?

Greek President Karolos Papoulias and Bahaini King Hamad review an honour guard in Manama, 02 May 2006. Papoulias was wraping up his two-day visit to Manama today, his final stop in a regional tour which took him to Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

From Profimedia

Attachments

• NWS-978739.jpg
    NWS-978739.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 759
  • NWS-978780.jpg
    NWS-978780.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 644
I want to know: is Cheikh salman the son of sheikha sabika?

Images from anp

Attachments

• 2998486.jpg
    2998486.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 634
  • 2998488.jpg
    2998488.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 834
Joumana said:
I want to know: is Cheikh salman the son of sheikha sabika?

Salman and Abdullah are both sons of Sheikha Sabeeka.
Nasser and Khalid are sons of the second wife (a saudi of bedouin background)
Faisal was the son of a third wife.

King hamad has 6 sons. I am missing one..​

Missing son

Hi, Franciscan Fry. I think there is a Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad that was born in 1977. Could he be the 6th son?

Mapper

FranciscanFry said:
Sheikha Mariam ran away from Bahrain with her Marine boyfriend. She sought refuge in the United States and after a court issue, she won assylum. She and the marine married shortly after that. They divorced shortly after their 5th year anniversary. She is now back in Bahrain with her family.

Oh I didn't know she was back with her family. I thought she stayed in the States. Its always sad when a marriage ends (no matter how it ends)

Hereditary Mapmaker said:
Hi, Franciscan Fry. I think there is a Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad that was born in 1977. Could he be the 6th son?

Mapper

He is Salman and Abdullah's brother, isn't he? I think I've seen him listed on one of King Hamad's bios. He must be the 6th. Thanks!

Sheikh Salman is very handsome.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Bahrain Appoints First Woman Judge[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]
Wednesday June 7, 2006 3:31 AM
[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]MANAMA, Bahrain (AP) - Bahrain's government said Tuesday it had appointed its first woman judge. She is believed to be one of the first female judges in the entire Gulf region.

[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Mona Al Kawari was appointed by order of the tiny Gulf kingdom's ruler, Sheik Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa ...[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-5869290,00.html

[/FONT]

President Hosni Mubarak (R) talks with Bahrain King Sheikh Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa during their meeting in Cairo July 20, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters

The kingdom of Bahrain History...

Bahrain entered recorded history 5,000 years ago when it was known as Dilmun to the Sumerians, the first great civilization of the Middle East.

The name meant "The Sacred Land" or "The Land of Life", a possible reference to the springs that made the main island an oasis in contrast to the baking wastelands of the neighboring Arabian mainland.

It has been suggested that the legendary verdant island may have been the inspiration for the Garden of Eden. Bahrain remained an important trading and commercial center throughout ensuing millenia, visited and at times occupied by Babylonians, Assyrians, Greeks, Romans, Persians, Portuguese, and British.

In 1783, local
Arabs
ended two centuries of Persian domination. Their descendants, the Al-Khalifa dynasty, remain in power today. In 1816, Bahrain became a British Protected State with governmental authority shared by the ruling sheikh and a British adviser.

In 1968 the British announced their intention to withdraw military forces from the Gulf area. In March of that year, Bahrain joined the nearby mainland states of Qatar and the Trucial States (now the United Arab Emirates), which were also under British protection, to form the Federation of Arab Emirates. Soon, however, the interests of Qatar and Bahrain proved incompatible with those of the smaller sheikhdoms and both withdrew from the federation.

Bahrain´s ability to stand on its own was strengthened in May 1970, when Iran accepted he findings of a UN report on Babrain´s future. The UN representatives visited the island in April and found that popular opinion overwhelmingly favoured complete independence rather than union with Iran.

On 15 August 1971 Bahrain´s full independence was proclaimed, a new treaty of friendship was signed with the UK, and Sheikh Isa took the title of Amir. Bahrain became a member of the Arab League and the UN later in the year. In December 1972 elections were held for a Constituent Assembly. This body produced a new constitution, which came into force on 6 December 1973. Elections to a National Assembly were held on the following day.

This is only the summry and hopfully by the days it will grow.

if you cant wait for more plase visit this site... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bahrain

Regards

Last edited:
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas meets Bahrain's King Sheikh Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa (R) during a trip to the Gulf kingdom in Manama September 4, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters

Bahrain's King Hamad Bin Issa Al Khalifa during prayers for the Aid El Fitr celebrations in Manama, Bahrain on October 23, 2006, marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan.

from abaca

41nj8.jpg

In this photo released the Doha Asian Games Organizing Committee, Princess Anne of Britain, Torch Relay Ambassador Sheikh Joaan Bin Hamad Al Than, left, and Sheikh Nasser Bin Khalifa, right, share a light moment at a reception and dinner hosted by the Crown Prince of Bahrain on Wednesday, November 22, 2006, at Bahrain International Circuit, on Day 46 of the 15th Asian Games Doha 2006 torch relay event. The 15th Asian Games at Doha, the capital of neighboring Qatar, kicks off on December 1. (AP Photo/DAGOC, Rick Stevens)

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/061122/483/tok10111222256

Does anyone have any pics or info on shaikh abdullah bin hamad al khalifa, he is the 2nd son of the king of bahrain.

ameera1 said:
Does anyone have any pics or info on shaikh abdullah bin hamad al khalifa, he is the 2nd son of the king of bahrain.

He was born 30th June 1975. He is the Southern Governor and head of the Public Commission for the Protection of the Marine Resources, Environment and Wildlife

Here are some old articles that have pictures of him
http://www.bahraintribune.com/ArticleDetail.asp?CategoryId=1&ArticleId=79832

http://www.bahraintribune.com/ArticleDetail.asp?CategoryId=6&ArticleId=22306

shaikh abdullah bin hamad al khalifa

Thank you Desertrosemrk for the links.:)

Pakistan's Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz (R) and Bahrain's Crown Prince and Commander-In-Chief of Defence Force Shaikh Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa (L) stand at attention during the playing of the national anthem of both countries during a welcome ceremony in Islamabad December 20, 2006. The Crown Prince arrived in Islamabad on a three-day official visit to Pakistan to boost economic ties between the two countries and he will meet President Pervez Musharraf

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/061220/ids_photos_wl/r988892452.jpg

Crown prince of the kingdom of Bahrain and commander in chief of the Bahrain defence force, Shaikh Salman Bin hamad Al-Khalifa, shake hand with E Ahamed ( R) Minister of State for External Affairs upon his arrival at the International Indira Gandhi airport in New Delhi, India on Monday on 19 March 2007.Prince Shaikh Salman is on a week long official trip to India to strengthen the bilateral ties

Fotobanka isifa image service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom