Dutch State Visits to Oman (postponed) and Qatar: March 6-10, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, the dark red simple dress looked nice on princess Máxima. A pity we didnt see any pictures of sheikha Mozah.

--
Are the Rembrandts on loan from the rijksmuseum or did the Qatari museum buy it at an auction?

It is a pity that Sheikha Mozah did not make an appearance at any of the events, I was expecting her to accompany them to the Souq or dinner as she has done with guests in the past. Maxima looked really good in that red dress, actually in all her outfits.

The Oman visit looked more like an official visit rather than a private visit, glad they still made it.

Merge posts

I agree, the dark red simple dress looked nice on princess Máxima. A pity we didnt see any pictures of sheikha Mozah.

--
Are the Rembrandts on loan from the rijksmuseum or did the Qatari museum buy it at an auction?

:qatarflag2::dutchflag2:
Oh help no,heaven forbid Marengo!!They are on loan for an exhibition to introduce ART with a Capital A to the region.
We only have few Rembrandts left as you know,all others,or most anyway,are at the Hermitage St.Petersburg,few of
which we might see back at our own Hermitage Amsterdam end of this year,maybe,allthough that specific exhibition will
focus on van Dijck and Rubens,but that's aside allthough fantastic too:).

The Ladies look just fantastic,absolutely love it!

Thank you!

HM and TRH will meet the Dutch community in Qatar today.There are 1000 Dutch nationals in Qatar,300 of them will show up at the meet and greet later today.:flowers:....

They're in the middle of the desert at this moment,or it feels like that...surrounded by camels
..:p

@ Dazzling,yes,they got the works in Oman and still that was a few nodges down from what a State Visit would have seen.It was the courtesy of HM The Sultan to receive a friend,who happens to be a Head of State,will all egards.He did that absolutely splendidly.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxima looked great in the white outfit, shame the visit is so short & past by quick.

Here is an article about the exhibition they visited with the Emir

Qatar Museums Authority to Present "Golden Age" Masterworks from the Rijksmuseum
Article

The Queen Beatrix, Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima really enjoy in Qatar :)

But if someone may post more videos/links of 2day :))

And new tiara (first time on her head, am I right?). Thank to everyone for new pictures :flowers:

PPE gallery from concert

Last edited:
And new tiara (first time on her head, am I right?). Thank to everyone for new pictures :flowers:

At the Qatari Opera House,Doha this evening,with the enchanting Sheika Mozah

ANP Beeldbank

The diademe Máxima wears was most worn by HM The Queen.
It also was worn by Princess Laurentien at the Royal wedding in Stockholm,but with the middle diamond replaced by a ruby.

She looks adorable,beautifull!!And then to think there actually are some at boards that pretend all and yet know little to nothing talking on this State Visit as a poor show...poor boards who have such,well, " aces"....grin...

Last edited:
the royal ladies look stunning in the pics above.
Sheikha Moza sure know how to dress an Abaya very well she looks magestic,I quit like Maxima dress too what a lovely design very princess.
it's very nice to see the Dutch royal visiting the ME I am sure it's a wonderful experience.
thank you all for the posts.

What a nice surprise to see tiaras on the 2nd day. The Queen usually skips them whenever she can, so I wonder what happened to her ;).

Máxima looks great, the Jan Tamineau dress looks very good on her! I hope that she will use more of his designs in the future. Nice to see her wearing Queen Emma's small floral tiara for the first time. Queen Beatrix is recycling the dress she first wore for Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday celebrations. The sheikha looks stunning as usual. They seem rather familiar with her so I suppose that they met the sheikha the previous evening during the private dinner at the palace.

Any idea what brooch and earrings Máxima was wearing during the day? I never saw them before.

--
Did Martine van Loon accompany the Queen btw? I believe I saw her on a few pictures but it is difficult to tell.

Last edited:
the royal ladies look stunning in the pics above.
Sheikha Moza sure know how to dress an Abaya very well she looks magestic,I quit like Maxima dress too what a lovely design very princess.
it's very nice to see the Dutch royal visiting the ME I am sure it's a wonderful experience.
thank you all for the posts.

The Dutch Royals look wonderful, sorry, Sheikha Moza looks like she is attending a funeral.

A few pictures from the visit
click here

Its nice to see Maxima in a new tiara, she wears it really well. I was actually a bit surprised the royals would turn up in tiaras as their hosts dont wear them.
Nice to see Sheikh Mozah, in some pictures she & Maxima look pretty close or know each other well.

Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander and Queen Beatrix leaving Qatar after the 2 day statevisit from the airport of Doha with the PH-KBX airplane.
March 11, 2011

PPE Agency Doha

Back
Top Bottom