Dutch State Visit to Oman: January 10-12, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
:dutchstandard::omanflag:

HM Queen Beatrix,accompanied by TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima,will pay a State Visit to Oman and the United Arab Emirates from january 8th till the 12th 2012 as was announced by the RVD Government Information Service today.

The last State Visit to Oman was postponed and instead HM and TRH visited HM The Sultan Qaboos privately earlyer this year.

I am thrilled HM and TRH will visit this fascinating country again as well as the Emirates!

Last edited:
It would be safe to say that Her Majesty Queen Beatrix and Crown Princely couple will enjoy the visit to this hospitable part of the world. I am looking forward to seeing photos.

i am so sure they will enjoy their time in the ME.
didn't they visit UAE and Oman last year?

:previous:

The Dutch royals privately visited Oman last January, after plans for the State Visit were scrapped. They also visited Qatar after Oman.

Program for the State Visit

Tuesday, January 10th

• Official welcoming ceremony at Al Alam Palace.
  • Audience with Sultan Qaboos.
  • Themed lunch at the Beit al Zhubair museum, discussing preservation of tradition in a rapidly developing country, economic diversification, education and the role of women in Oman.
  • Meeting with Dutch and Omani CEOs.
  • State dinner.

Wednesday, January 11th

• Visit to the Port of Sohar, the royals will learn about the development and Dutch involvement. Dutch and Omani students will speak about their water projects.
  • Visit to the International Maritime College Oman.
  • Visit to Nakhal Fort.
  • Concert by the Radio Chamber Philharmonic.

Thursday, January 12th

• Visit to the Grand Mosque in Muscat.
  • Reception with the Dutch community in Oman.

Press Release

i am so sure they will enjoy their time in the ME.
didn't they visit UAE and Oman last year?

No,they payed a State Visit to Qatar and saw HH Sultan Qaboos
for a private dinner only allthough a state Visit was planned at the time but was postponed due to domestic circumstances in Oman.:)

HM Queen Beatrix and TRH The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima have arrived in Oman this morning.The Royal party was then immediatly taken to the Palace where HM Sultan Qaboos welcomed them.

The Prince of Orange flew the KBX Government aircraft himself from the UAE to Oman.

Last edited:
Arrival and welcome at the Palace by HM Sultan Qaboos

ANP Photo

Courtesy Robin Utrecht:)

Love Máxima's outfit of today. I do like the orange outfit of the Queen this morning:

Fan van Máxima » Staatsbezoeken aan UAE en Oman – Dag 3

Google Vertaling

Last time we saw the Princess in this outfit was at Westpoint Military Academy in the US during the NYC400 festivities.:)

Right now there is the exchange of gifts and decorations at the Al Alam Palace after which the State Banquet will take place at 21.00PM local time (GMT + 4).

The Royal party visited the Museum of Muscat:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=10-01-2012 Museum

And attended a meeting with Dutch and Omani CEO's at the Al Bustan hotel
and the girls at home send mommy and daddy a sms...:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=10-01-2012 Bustan

Courtesy PPE

Last edited:
Last edited:
Love this red/orange suit. and worn with her pearls and a different pearl pin we also saw in US.

Wow................not only does Maxima look gorgeous, so does the Queen, they both decided on rubies! Yeah!!!

And more from this evening,exchange of Orders and gifts ahead of the Banquet:

ANP Photo

Courtesy Robin Utrecht:flowers:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Gala
did she put the tiara herself? it does look untidy! the tiara is beautiful the same the dress and they look that evrybody is having a good time! I gues they all speak in english?

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Gala
did she put the tiara herself? it does look untidy! the tiara is beautiful the same the dress and they look that evrybody is having a good time! I gues they all speak in english?

It is yes on all accounts...!The Ladies do look the part!Stunning really!:)

A photo from the meeting with sultan Qaboos

A beautiful photo of Princess Maxima

Both beautifull pics by Dutch photographer Robin Utrecht,an exceptionally talented man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Day 2 in Oman, January 11:

** anp gallery ** anp gallery 2 ** belga ** ppe gallery **

:omanflag2::dutchflag2:
There was a meeting with students at the Maritime College and one of them asked HM how it was like to be Queen.Her answer:"Inspiring,priviliged.And sometimes really difficult I can assure you".HM did not go into details...

Another student asked HM how it was like to have such a high position for a woman...HM answered:' I didn't have a choice really,it was a one-way street,my mother did the same job as did my grandmother and her father".

The answer to the question as to what inspired HM to continue was "My Country and my Family".And the Prince had to explain what it means to be the Prince of Orange...HM said it had nothing to do with oranges,but the colour and as it is not a generally used colour,it stands out....:)

One asked the Prince what he'd like to do best,to which the Prince replied:' You don't really believe I'm going to tell you with the press sitting behind us here"...Hilarious!

Later there was a visit to the free-trade zone of Sohar and HM met with ingeneers who explained her that a simple little measuring app in Oman immediatly transmits the humidity of the earth in Oman to a laboratory in The Netherlands so a farmer knows when to use more water on his land."How's that possible that the farmer knows"; asked HM.The answer came:" Everybody has a mobile phone here".
HM:" Everybody except me!"...To which Alexander replied: Yes,but you're not a farmer..."....:ROFLMAO:...(I thought that was hilarious.)...But still the system can save up to 50% on the use of water in agriculture,and thus make a difference in the field of agriculture.

Great I'd think!What's also great,is that the economic aspect of the visit is already a huge success!Thanks for that!

A visit to the impressive fortress of Nakhal was also on the agenda in the afternoon:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

Tonight HM will host a concert by the Dutch Radio Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra at the Al Alam Palace for selected guests.

Last edited:
:omanflag2::dutchflag2:
There was a meeting with students at the Maritime College and one of them asked HM how it was like to be Queen.Her answer:"Inspiring,priviliged.And sometimes really difficult I can assure you".HM did not go into details...

Another student asked HM how it was like to have such a high position for a woman...HM answered:' I didn't have a choice really,it was a one-way street,my mother did the same job as did my grandmother and her father".

The answer to the question as to what inspired HM to continue was "My Country and my Family".And the Prince had to explain what it means to be the Prince of Orange...HM said it had nothing to do with oranges,but the colour and as it is not a generally used colour,it stands out....:)

One asked the Prince what he'd like to do best,to which the Prince replied:' You don't really believe I'm going to tell you with the press sitting behind us here"...Hilarious!

Later there was a visit to the free-trade zone of Sohar and HM met with ingeneers who explained her that a simple little measuring app in Oman immediatly transmits the humidity of the earth in Oman to a laboratory in The Netherlands so a farmer knows when to use more water on his land."How's that possible that the farmer knows"; asked HM.The answer came:" Everybody has a mobile phone here".
HM:" Everybody except me!"...To which Alexander replied: Yes,but you're not a farmer..."....:ROFLMAO:...(I thought that was hilarious.)...But still the system can save up to 50% on the use of water in agriculture,and thus make a difference in the field of agriculture.

Great I'd think!What's also great,is that the economic aspect of the visit is already a huge success!Thanks for that!

A visit to the impressive fortress of Nakhal was also on the agenda in the afternoon:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

Tonight HM will host a concert by the Dutch Radio Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra at the Al Alam Palace for selected guests.

:previous:
Thanks Lucien :flowers:
Hilarious indeed :):ROFLMAO:
Great state visit and wonderful pictures :)

Back
Top Bottom