Bahrain: Sheikha Meriam bint Abdullah Al-Khalifa ("The Princess and the Marine")

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, the marine should have known that there was no way they could ever be happy together. They not only come from two extremely different cultures, but also lifestyles. P. Meriam grew up in the wealth, having everything done for her and not having to worry about paying the bills. Not so with the Marine. After you get accustomed to a certain lifestyle, it's very hard to give it up.

Difficult, but not impossible. Amazing things happen to people in the name of love. However, I don't think hers was lasting enough to adapt to her new environment and move on from there.

kinneret5764 said:
Hey, the marine should have known that there was no way they could ever be happy together. They not only come from two extremely different cultures, but also lifestyles. P. Meriam grew up in the wealth, having everything done for her and not having to worry about paying the bills. Not so with the Marine. After you get accustomed to a certain lifestyle, it's very hard to give it up.
I think he married her for some fame. If such a thing happened in another arab country concerning a sheikha/princess, the family would send someone out to kill him and bring her back, and then she would be locked up in her house or maybe even killed.He did not think of what would happen to her or to him ?I bet he knew it wouldnt last, it would be really difficult for her to adapt to his lifestyle and no one supporting her..She should of had some sense before thining of running away with him.She is lucky to be back in bahrain and her parents have forgived her..

aaliyah_al_saud said:
I have heard from a friend that yes she is safe, and apparently seeing someone, he is a prince ??? not confirmed, this I will try to do. Could ask my husband to find out.
I heard she was engaged to her cousin before she ran away, can you confirm that please?

Well I'm glad her parents forgave her for leaving, and that she is ok. It isn't just the marine's fault...It's hers too. She should have known herself that the man wouldn't be able to provide her with the lifestyle that she was accustomed to back home. I hate that things didn't work out for the two of them, but the relationship was doomed from the start if you ask me.

Actually, I don't think her parents forgave her. I would think they're still pretty darn angry over her behavior. Do disrespect meant, but from an outsider's point of view, Islamic royal families don't seem to be forgiving and loving.

And the divorce has not been granted yet. She merely filed for divorce. It has to go through the courts first then be finalized by a judge.

The Princess and the Marine

I hope I've put this in the right place.

On Lifetime TV (in the USA- don't know if other countries get Lifetime) tonight at 9pm they are showing the tv movie "The Princess and the Marine". It has Mark-Paul Gosselaar & Marisol Nichols in it.....it dates from 2001...just thought I'd share. :)

Thanks.

Thanks for passing on the info!

Go ISU

is this about that Arab Princess?
too bad they're divorced.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
is this about that Arab Princess?
too bad they're divorced.

Yea it was. I had never seen it before. I had never heard the story either (I don't think) until they were getting a divorce. I think the husband went on a divorce court tv show to get the divorce (Judge Mabaline or something like that.)

Oh boy i wantet to see that movie sooooooooooo bad. But we are stationed in Germany so we don`t have LIfetime. They once showed it in AFN but I had to leave so I didn`t see all off it. Ever since I`m trying to find that movie and can`t get it. I was also hoping AFN would show it again but until now they didn`t:( .

i have cable at my home but i missed that show i would get that show again i hope so!

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom