State Funeral HM King Peter II, Queen Alexandra, Queen Maria, and HRH Prince Andreaj

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eurohistory: Serbia: State Funeral for King Peter II and Others

Belgrade, 26 May 2013 - Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II, Crown Princess Katherine, Hereditary Prince Peter, Prince Philip and Prince Alexander, Princess Linda, Prince Nicholas, Princess Katerina, Prince Vladimir and Princess Brigitta, Princess Lavinia, Mr. Austin Prichard-Levy and Luca Prichard-Levy, Prince Dimitri, Princess Elizabeth, Prince Michel, Prince Serge and Prince Dushan with H.E. Mr. Tomislav Nikolic, President of Serbia, H.E. Mr. Ivica Dacic, Prime Minister, H.E. Foreign Minister Mr. Ivan Mrkic, H.E. Prof. Dr. Slavica Djukic – Dejanovic, Minister of health, H.E. Mr. Velimir Ilic, Minister of Construction and Urbanism, H.E. Mr. Milorad Dodik, President of Republika Srpska, representatives of Parliament of Serbia, Serbian Army, members of other Royal Families, and a great number of citizens from all over Serbia, Republika Srpska and abroad, representatives of diplomatic corps, paid final respects to Their Majesties King Peter II, Queen Alexandra and Queen Maria and His Royal Highness Prince Andrej at St. George church Royal Mausoleum in Oplenac on May 26.

Also present Mr. and Mrs. David Andrews, son and daughter in law of HRH Crown Princess Katherine, Ms. Alison Andrews, daughter of HRH Crown Princess Katherine and her sons Mr. Nicholas Garfinkel and Mr. Michael Garfinkel, and Ms. Betty Roumeliotis, sister of HRH Crown Princess Katherine.

Among representatives of foreign Royal Families there were Their Majesties King Simeon and Queen Margarita of the Bulgarians, Their Majesties King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes, Their Royal Highnesses Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu of Romania, Their Imperial and Royal Highnesses Archduke Sandor and Archduchess Herta of Austria, His Highness Sheikh Abdulla Bin Hamad Al Khalifa of Bahrain, Their Royal Highnesses The Margraf and Margrafin of Baden, Their Serene Highnesses Prince Philipp Erasmus and Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein, His Royal Highness Prince Mabandla Dlamini of Swaziland, Princess Ira Von Fürstenberg and His Serene Highness Prince Pierre D' Arenberg.

H. E. Mr. Michael Davenport, Ambassador of the United Kingdom and H.E. Ms. Mette Kjuel Nielsen, Ambassador of Kingdom of Denmark were also present in the church.

Because Philipp and Isabelle are very close friends of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess ... they also attended the 60th birthday celebrations in 2004 and the 25th wedding celebrations in 2010 ... as was I. aria-olivia;1557252]Why were the Princes of Liechtenstein there ?[/QUOTE]

thank you. It was my third trip to Serbia, and a great honor to have been considered one of the VIP guests.

The closeness is between the two families is what brought up my question of their absence. I was unaware that there was huge political reasonings behind why they could not attend.

Btw, thank you for posting your experience at the funeral for others to read.

Aren't they Graf and Gräfin von Habsburg?

The only requirement these days to marry a Habsburg and for him to keep his title and for the woman to get the title of Archduchess is to be of Christian faith. A while ago there was even talk about Archduke Karl upgrading every morganatic member of the family since the end of the Empire to become Archduke/Archduchess. Don't know if he went through with it though.

The only requirement these days to marry a Habsburg and for him to keep his title and for the woman to get the title of Archduchess is to be of Christian faith. A while ago there was even talk about Archduke Karl upgrading every morganatic member of the family since the end of the Empire to become Archduke/Archduchess. Don't know if he went through with it though.

I know there was a story about it,but didn't know if this actually happened officially,when and does it count retroactively or just pro futuro for every wedding?

I don't if the Serbian Royal family web-site listed the guests and how did they do it regarding their titles...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom