Royal Families Of Yugoslavia 1: 2003 - Feb 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Katherine visiting hospital.

Attachments

• 0000372481_041.jpg
    0000372481_041.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 454
hi, a picture of Princess Jelisavetta of Yugoslavia. She is a full cousin to the Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and Prince Michael through her mother Princess Olga of Greece the sister of Princess Marina. Princess Jeliavetta is also the mother of Catherine Oxenburg the actress, who used to star in Dynasty.

Hi I thought i would add some pics i,ve been collecting for years of Catherine Oxenberg. i have had a crush on her for a long time in fact from when i was a very wee boy in her Dynasty Days. being blond, beautiful, royal, and a distant cousin of the Queen all helped in my estimation to make me like her more. Catherine Oxenberg has starred in a number of Hollywood movies and is married to Caspar van Dien who was in Starship Troopers a few years ago. Catherine has a sister and a younger brother. She is the daughter of Princess Jelisaveta of Yugoslavia. i hope you enjoy these pics and if you have any others of Catherine or of Princess Jelisavetta please post them here. ;) :lol:

picture two.

picture three

picture four

picture five

picture six

picture seven

picture nine

picture eight, Princess Jelisavetta (Elizabeth in English) of Yugoslavia, sorry i lost count! :blush:

Attachments

• serbia_yugoslavia_Jelisaveta.jpg
    serbia_yugoslavia_Jelisaveta.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 694
  • serbia_catherine_oxenberg11.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg11.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 837
  • serbia_catherine_oxenberg4.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg4.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 874
  • serbia_catherine_oxenberg5.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg5.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 679
  • serbia_catherine_oxenberg13.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg13.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 702
  • serbia_catherine_oxenberg3.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 701
  • serbia_catherine_oxenberg2.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,600
  • serbia_catherine_oxenberg14.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg14.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 662
  • serbia_catherine_oxenberg15.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg15.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 470
  • serbia_yugoslavia_Jelisaveta.jpg
    serbia_yugoslavia_Jelisaveta.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 661
Last edited by a moderator:
picture ten

slightly different version of picture six.

picture 12 -i think - Caspar Van Dien, Catherine Oxenburgs husband. the couple have two children and act regularly together, most recently in the Omega Code.

Attachments

• serbia_catherine_oxenberg7.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg7.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 408
  • serbia_catherine_oxenberg2.jpg
    serbia_catherine_oxenberg2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 717
  • serbia_caspar4.jpg
    serbia_caspar4.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 535
Last edited by a moderator:
one of Catherine Oxenberg most recent movies was the Omega Code - a blockbuster Biblical film - in which she co-starred with her husband Caspar van Dien. The couple have recently had a baby daughter i believe. also one other fact about Princess Jelisaveta, Catherine`s mother, is that she was at one point engaged to Richard Burton, thus keeping the Hollywood connection alive and well! :p

In Dynasty Catherine played Amanda Carrington, Blake and Alexis youngest daughter. In the soap- Amanda married a prince and if i remember correctly they were all assinated at the royal wedding in the cathedral. Alexis was played by Joan Collins. Catherine and Joan had nicknames for each other apparently `big bitch & little bitch` not very nice but funny! :lol:

There is no Yugoslavia!!!!There is Serbia and Montenegro!!King is called Karadordevic!!!!!Opa i Jivili i Hurrah!!!!

Originally posted by moody@Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:45 pm
There is no Yugoslavia!!!!There is  Serbia and Montenegro!!King is called Karadordevic!!!!!Opa  i Jivili i Hurrah!!!!
Hello Moody, thank you for participating.

You are right - Yugoslavia doesn't exist any more as a country. Still, it is Yugoslavia, not Serbia and Montenegro that Royal Family of Karadjordjevc were monarchs of. Besides, Aleksandar Karadjordjevic is not a King, he is still a Crown Prince.

However, Karadjordjevic dinasty is Serbian descended as well as Obrenovic dinasty who ruled the country before them. Montenegrin royal family is Petrovic Njegos.

Ziveli to you to!

Regards, :flower:

Blueice

Question:: Petrovic Njegos,do they live in Montenegro?? I also want to ask...Serbia and Montenegro aren't they together???

hi the royal family of montenegro - petrovic- njegos live in Paris. the republics of serbia and montenegro are still united in a federal state. the royal family of yugoslavia(serbia) live in the palace in belgrade though they are not (as yet) officially restored they perform various `royal duties` and act in a ceremonial capacity. i hope to post pictures and info on the montenegro royal family in a few weeks time. ;)

There is a woman who calls herself Princess Milena Petrovic-Njegoš of Montenegro who lives in Southern California. She is the daughter of "Prince" Milo Petrovic-Njegoš, who I understand was a distant cousin of the Royal Family and not entitled to call himself "Prince" of anything. She wrote a book about her father several years ago, which I was told wasn't a very good read.

I changed the title so that he could have his own thread...

O, well. I was calling Princess Katherine "Katarina" when I posted photos of the couple. I was just following IBL. My fault. Here are Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine at the royal wedding in Denmark on May 14, 2004.

Photo

Originally posted by Dennism@May 15th, 2004 - 6:46 pm
O, well. I was calling Princess Katherine "Katarina" when I posted photos of the couple. I was just following IBL. My fault. Here are Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine at the royal wedding in Denmark on May 14, 2004.

Photo

Dear D.,
thank you for the lovely photo of CP Alexandar (Aleksandar) and P Katherine. :flower: Don't worry, you haven't made spelling mistake - Princess Katherine's name is spelled as well as pronounced 'Katarina' in Serbian. ;)

'Blic' press, News - 15.05.2004

Princess for the President

Princess Jelisaveta Karadjordjevic has made final decision to candidate for the President of Serbia in the forthcoming election called for June 13. 'Initiative for nicer Serbia' suggested Princess Jelisaveta for the presidential candidate.

My goodness, what do you all think is going on in Princess Elizabeth's head? My opinion is that she's not only interested in politics but being able to use the position of president of Serbia to regain some of those art works in the Winter Palace she believes belong to her and brother. Also, of course, it would put her in a position to decide about her own rights to the Winter Palace or whatever other properties she believes go to her and her brother not to Crown Prince Alexander. This is unfortunate because it will make her dispute with Crown Prince Alexander even more public and possibly harm the cause of monarchy in Serbia-Montenegro. And that's a sad choice in my opinion. Otherwise, I like her work on behalf of Serbian charities.

Originally posted by Perillos@Jan 9th, 2004 - 2:32 am
Is it really appropriate for a Crown Prince to be enumerated, i.e. CP Alexander "II"?  Shouldn't this be reserved for monarchs?
I agree, but at The Homepage of The Royal Family of Serbia and Yugoslavia you can find the information, that Aleksandar II is »Titular King of Serbia and Yugoslavia, but uses the title Crown Prince of Serbia and Yugoslavia by own decision.

Originally posted by Duke@Jan 9th, 2004 - 3:03 pm
Thanks Sean.~
Ya please continue because i don't understand if they don't have the throne back, then y are they called the royal familiy? Are they residing in yugoslavia now? Are they welcome by the government or the people?
Thanks again!!
A Royal Family is royal even though dethroned. No political revolution can deprive royals their royalty.

Another photo at the Royal Wedding:

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - MAY 14: Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia and his wife leave Copenhagen Cathedral after the wedding ceremony between Danish Crown Prince Frederik and his bride Crown Princess Mary May 14, 2004 in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Attachments

• Royal wedding.jpg
    Royal wedding.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 707
The Royal Family in 2001 (minus Petar).

First 2 photos:
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: HRH Crown Prince Aleksandar II of Yugoslavia (2ndR) speaks as wife Princess Katarina (L) gets emotional and and their sons, Prince Filip (2ndL) and Prince Aleksandar (3rd L) listens to their father's thank you speech to Yugoslav minister of interior Zoran Zivkovic (R) after officially being presented with Yugoslav certificates of citizenship at suite 212 at the Claridge's hotel in central London 12 March 2001.The ceremony took place in the very suite that was declared Yugoslav territory on 17 July 1945 by the British government and Crown Prince Aleksandar was born.

Third photo:
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: HRH Crown Prince Aleksandar II of Yugoslavia (L) is presented with Yugoslav certificates of citizenship by Yugoslav minister of Interior Zoran Zivkovic at suite 212 at the Claridge's hotel in,central London 12 March 2001.The ceremony took place in the very suite that was declared Yugoslav territory on 17 July 1945 by the British government and Crown Prince Aleksandar was born.

Attachments

• Family.jpg
    Family.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 597
  • Family 2001.jpg
    Family 2001.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 769
  • HRH Crown Prince Aleksandar II.jpg
    HRH Crown Prince Aleksandar II.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:
HRH Crown Prince Aleksandar and his sons, HRH Prince Peter (Petar), Prince Alexander (Aleksandar) and Prince Philip (Filip).

Attachments

• family_1.jpg
    family_1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,863

Attachments

• children2.jpg
    children2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,175
  • children3.jpg
    children3.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,414
  • Aleksandar and Filip.jpg
    Aleksandar and Filip.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,174
  • Royal-family.jpg
    Royal-family.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,144
Thank you very much for the lovely photos, Danielle...:)

Blueice said:
This topic is dedicated to Yugoslavian Royalties. History and present situation considering Royal Family of Serbia and Montenegro. Please post your comments and photos here. Thank you. :flower:

Official web direction
hello
what became Christina von hessen 1st wife of prince Andrei of Yugoslavia?
thanks

The Family delivering Christmas presents to sick children at the Tisrova University Hospital.

Photo 1: HRH Crown Prince Alexander, Princess Katherine and Prince Philip
Photo 2: Crown Prince Alexander, Princess Katherine and Prince Philip and Ivana, whose heart was transplanted six years ago in the "Onasis" hospital in Athens.
Photo 3: Princess Katherine with a child at the Mother and Child Institute
Photo 4: Crown Prince Alexander II and Prince Philip with the children from the Mother and Child Institute

A news article about the visit:

CHRISTMAS PRESENTS FOR CHILDREN IN HOSPITALS

Belgrade, 7 January 2005 - TRH Crown Prince Alexander II, Crown Princess Katherine and Prince Philip visited Christmas Day, the youngest patients at the University Children Hospital in Tirsova Street and the Institute for Mother and Child. Due to their health condition these children were unable to spend their Christmas holidays at home with their families.

The Crown Prince, the Crown Princess and Prince Philip were met in front of the hospital by the director Prof. dr. Ida Jovanovic and her closest associates. She thanked Their Royal Highnesses for sharing the joy of this important day with young patients and for bringing to them toys and sweets. The Crown Prince, the Crown Princess and Prince Philip spent some time with the youngsters and their parents and wished them a speedy recovery.

A meeting between Their Royal Highnesses and a little patient who had a few years ago undergone, thanks to the personal efforts of the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess, a heart transplant operation at the “Onassis” hospital in Athens was very moving. She is feeling very well now and comes for the regular check ups.

Then Their Royal Highnesses paid a visit to the Institute for Mother and Child. They were warmly welcomed by the host Dr. Dragutin Trickovic and his associates who thanked them for their concern for the young patients. During the tours of the wards The Royal Family spent some time talking to the children, wishing them a speedy recovery and return to their homes and families as soon as possible.

The toys and sweets reached The White Palace thanks to “Lifeline Humanitarian Organisation in Athens, whose patron is Crown Princess Katherine, and the local donors and also thanks to great efforts of the H.R.H. Crown Princess Katherine Foundation who is traditionally, the third year in a row, doing its best to make the young patients happy.

Attachments

• tirs1.jpg
    tirs1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,160
  • tirs2.jpg
    tirs2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,606
  • inst1.jpg
    inst1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,059
  • inst2.jpg
    inst2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,848
Last edited:
Christmas Liturgy in the little Saint Sava Church at Vracar, Belgrade.

From left to right: HRH Prince Alexander, His Excellency the President of Serbia Mr. Boris Tadic, HRH Crown Prince Alexander II, HRH Princess Katherine, HRH Prince Philip, Former Minister of Religion Prof. dr Vojislav Milovanovic

Attachments

• liturg2.jpg
    liturg2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,142
HRH Princess Katherine at the "Drinka Pavlovic" orphanage. She handed out gifts, watched the children's performances and looked at all their 'handicrafts' while she was there. :)

Attachments

• drinka3.jpg
    drinka3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,056
  • ukras.jpg
    ukras.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,086
  • drinka2.jpg
    drinka2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,065
  • drinka1.jpg
    drinka1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,194
Official dinner in honour of the visiting of Iceland's Prime Minister, Mr. Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, held at the White Palace.

Photo 1: Mrs. Alison Andrews (CP Katherine's daughter), member of the Crown Privy MSc. Dusan Babac, Crown Princess Katherine, First Lady of Iceland Mrs. Grímsson, President of Iceland Mr. Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson and HRH Crown Prince Alexander II.
Photo 2: The wife of the Honorary Consul of Iceland Mrs. Micic, Mrs. Alison Andrews, Crown Princess Katherine, the Honorary Consul of Iceland Mr. Slobodan Micic, First Lady of Iceland Mrs. Grímsson, the President of Iceland Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson and HRH Crown Prince Alexander II.
Photo 3: President of the East Point Company Mr. Zoran Drakulic, representative of the Economy Institute Mr. Bozidar Djelic and
Photo 4: Mrs. Grímsson, wife of the Minister of Foreign Affairs Mrs. Danica Draskovic, the Minister of Culture Mr. Dragan Kojadinovic
Photo 5: The President of Iceland, Crown Prince Alexander II and the Minister of the Foreign Affairs Mr. Vuk Draskovic

Attachments

• Iceland1.jpg
    Iceland1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,254
  • Iceland2.jpg
    Iceland2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,121
  • Iceland3.jpg
    Iceland3.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,064
  • Iceland4.jpg
    Iceland4.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,155
  • Iceland5.jpg
    Iceland5.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,167
PRIVATE AEROPLANE FULL OF TOYS FOR CHILDREN IN SERBIA

Belgrade, 2nd January 2005. – Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II, Princess Katherine and her daughter Mrs. Alison Andrews landed today at Belgrade Airport with a private plane full of toys to be given to 2000 children for Christmas Celebration at The White Palace.

In cooperation with Lifeline Humanitarian Organization whose patron is H.R.H. Princess Katherine, and with the aid of big-hearted people from Greece who helped this effort to collect gifts for our children, this plane as well as large number of trucks also arrived from Greece. Candies and toys were brought for our little children.

H.R.H.Crown Prince Alexander II wished Happy New Year to the representatives of the Press at Belgrade Airport and added:

“I am very happy with the help of our Greek friends, we arrived in this plane full of toys for children from homes throughout Serbia. I am grateful to everyone who helped effort and I am happy that we will make our little children happy. We have to continue to work together in favor of our children and a better future for everyone.“

H.R.H. Princess Katherine spoke to the press and pointed out that she is very happy to see that many people joined the action of Lifeline Hellas Humanitarian Organization and that the Greek media at peak times invited everyone who is interested to participate in this great deed.

“I am very happy, because this feat succeeded to the joy of our little children from homes throughout Serbia. My daughter Mrs. Alison Andrews joined this humanitarian traditional endeavor and greatly contributed to its realisation”- the Princess mentioned during her address.

Every year, Their Royal Highnesses organize Christmas receptions the children without parental care from all Homes from Serbia. For the children hindered in development and refugee children. This year, as usual, the gifts will be given to the little children during traditional Christmas receptions at The White Palace on 4th, and 5th of January. This way Their Royal Highnesses will share the joy and happiness of this great Holiday with the little children. In cooperation with the Center for Child Care, Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander II and Princess Katherine will make happy the children from the Serbian enclaves in Kosovo by giving the Christmas presents during the next couple of days.

Attachments

• Presents1.jpg
    Presents1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,194
  • Presents2.jpg
    Presents2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,095
  • Presents 3.jpg
    Presents 3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,055
Status
Not open for further replies.