Restoration of the Serbian Monarchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
I think, of all the kings-de-jure, Alexander is the one with the biggest chances on ever seeing his throne restored. A small chance though, but it would be absolutely lovely, he seems to be a very friendly and clever man.

What are his sons doing btw? studying I assume? Does anybody know where and what?

I do hope they restore the monarchy after the referendum this summer. It is most likely that Montenegro will win independence and a road map to independence will be drawn up for Kosove. It would be nice for Serbia to start fresh with a monarchy. It would enhance its image. The Crown Prince is such an asset to Serbia and he is not even legally there prince. He works on his own time with his own money for serbia and does a lot. He could really help Serbia integrate into Europe and change its image.

A New Monarchy for Yugoslavia/Serbia?

While checking out the news on (the former Kingdom of) Montenegro seeking independence from Serbia I just found several news on a very active Serbian Prince finally fighting back to restore the monarchy in Yugoslavia, Bravo! About time another exiled royal decides to take action in giving the people an option besides a republic.

Serbia - Independent Despite Herself

This week, Europe welcomes two new independent states: Montenegro and Serbia. This marked the end of the great Yugoslavia project. Repercussions of Montenegro’s independence seem to last for a while. Serbia discusses the restoration of monarchy. Many breakaway regions, not only those in the Balkans, openly envy Montenegro. Will these “side effects” of Sunday’s referendum put the regional stability in danger…
Hail to the new Serbian monarchy

Monarchy for Yugoslavia
Serbia's Prince Aleksandar Kradjordjevic has called for restoration of monarchy in the troubled Balkan state.
The son of Yugoslav's late King Peter II made the plea yesterday (24.05.06).
It came three days after Serbia's ally state, Montenegro, voted for independence...

Crown prince proposes monarchy for Serbia
May 24, 2006 9:34 AM BELGRADE, Serbia-Montenegro-Serbia's crown prince on Wednesday wished Montenegrins peace and democracy after they voted for independence, and urged Serbs to restore the monarchy in their troubled Balkan republic...

Aleksandar Karadjordjevic, whose family ruled Serbia and the former Yugoslavia until World War II, said brining back the monarchy would help repair ties with the rest of Europe and attract investment to Serbia, now on its own after decades of failed Balkan partnerships. "Let's not waste any more time. Serbia must move ahead," Karadjordjevic said....

Serbia's crown prince wants to restore the monarchy
By UNITED PRESS INTERNATIONAL May 24, 2006
BELGRADE, Serbia-Montenegro -- Crown Prince Aleksandar asked Wednesday for the restoration of monarchy in Serbia, three days after Montenegro voted independence from their federation.

Prince Aleksandar Karadjordjevic, a son of Yugoslav King Peter II who died in exile, said Serbs and Montenegrins will always be brothers, regardless of whether they live in one or two states... "Kingdom of Serbia will provide the fastest way to the European Union and will attract new foreign investments, help economic development, ensure employment and social welfare," the prince said on Belgrade's B92 radio...

Well, Prince Alexander, thanks on behalf of the fellow Spaniard monarchists and royal observers for the kind words about our Kingdom.

Serbia a Kingdom of the Future...

There has been much specualtion in the past few days since Montenegro has voted to split apart from the union of Serbia & Montenegro. Speculation that Crown Prince Alexander wants to be King of Serbia. Many Serbs are very supportive, however, there is an issue with his Serbian speaking skills.
What are your thoughts? Should a monarch be capable of speaking the tongue of the people he leads?

ZIVELA SRBIJA! ZA KRALJA I OTAZBINU!

When people create a requirement that a immigrant speaks the language of the country in which they desire residency, then the same requirement ought to apply to people regardless of social position.

Please don't read my reply as an opposition to restoration of a Monarchy, I am fully supportive of any restorations (of constitutional monarchy).

Any news or follow ups on the above information? I'm curious if the Crown Prince was able to keep the momentum on his attempt to restore the monarchy after the separation of Montenegro.

Thanks for posting Benjamin. I wonder to what extend these statements on the website of the family are taken over by the press and published in Serbian newspaper et all. I have no clue on how 'visible' the family is in Serbia. These statements make it seem that they have a rather pominent role.

I've been wondering about that too, Marengo. By the looks of their website TRH seem to host a number of events with high profile guests and seem to be invited to a number of very important political events.
I've heard it mentioned that the new Serbia Constitution might very well propose a rerstoratoin, which would be exciting. I've also heard rumors (much less supported) of a restoration in Montenegro.
If you haven't been to their site I would highly recomend going. If nothing else it is very consistently updated.
Çâàíè÷íà Âåá ïðåçåíòàöè¼à Êðàšåâñêå Ïîðîäèöå Ñðáè¼å

I've heard it mentioned that the new Serbia Constitution might very well propose a rerstoratoin, which would be exciting. I've also heard rumors (much less supported) of a restoration in Montenegro.
Peoplle in here- Serbia, are still making some rumors about tham. They have a lot of work in here, but i dont think that they live here. I support their effort to make Serbia monarchy again- witch is more political question why i think that, but its just what i think after seen all those peoplle trying to lead our country...
But our Aleksandar's serbian langvige is very very bad! Katarina speaks serbian very well, and her humanitarian work is well known in here...
I think, of all the kings-de-jure, Alexander is the one with the biggest chances on ever seeing his throne restored. A small chance though, but it would be absolutely lovely, he seems to be a very friendly and clever man.
Right now they are trying to get back the monarchy sistem in Serbia, and i support tham. I mentioned why i support it, but anyway i hope they will make it, they have my vote for sure! :) :flowers:
I do hope they restore the monarchy after the referendum this summer. It is most likely that Montenegro will win independence and a road map to independence will be drawn up for Kosove. It would be nice for Serbia to start fresh with a monarchy. It would enhance its image. The Crown Prince is such an asset to Serbia and he is not even legally there prince. He works on his own time with his own money for serbia and does a lot. He could really help Serbia integrate into Europe and change its image.
I have to tell you that i am nice supprised with your opinion... i didnt meet a lot USA peoplle who not just like, but support Serbia.. :flowers::flowers::flowers:
There has been much specualtion in the past few days since Montenegro has voted to split apart from the union of Serbia & Montenegro. Speculation that Crown Prince Alexander wants to be King of Serbia. Many Serbs are very supportive, however, there is an issue with his Serbian speaking skills.
What are your thoughts? Should a monarch be capable of speaking the tongue of the people he leads?
ZIVELA SRBIJA! ZA KRALJA I OTAZBINU!
I support him, but he has to learn serbian! Katarinas serbian is well, but his... :nonono:
ZIVELA!!!!! KOSOVO JE SRBIJA!

Well,to be honest,as much as they try(more Katarina then Alexander) the chances of restoring the monarchy are close to none... :-(

I suppose serbians are not against Monarchy and even serbian politicians seem to respect the Royal Family very much.

The majority of Serbians are against the monarchy...these present generations are not raised in the spirit of monarchy and that's why they don't like it!Just the few do...

I noticed very many groups of children, youth meeting with the Crown Prince and even Princess Katherina seems to be very popular.

The three young sons of the Crown Prince should know Serbian better and live in the country.

The monarchy issue is far more part of political discourse in Serbia (at least two political parties are openly monarchist) than in other Balkan states. The reason for this is easy to understand- events of the last 20 years have been particularly demoralising, and many Serbs look for a rallying point. The Royal Family seems to have good relations with the country's present political establishment.

Which political party is openly against Monarchy?

The restoration of the Serbian Monarchy would be a pleasant surprise IMO. I agree, the Serbians seem to be in need of a public figure they could rely on. If this person is indeed CP Alexander, then I hope he will bring the political stability they all desire!:flowers:

But his sons should learn Serbian!

If his sons do not have a firm grip on their 'mother tongue' then we only have to wait till the next generation, thereafter I foresee no problem. The same situation existed, to an extent, in Great Britain during the Hanoverian Dynasty, it took only three generations for lingua status quo to be maintained. I also would like to see the CP attain his rightful place at the apex of Serbian society as well.

CP Alexander and his Sons must learn the language and then help to restore the monarchy
I wish to see Serbia become a Kingdom again

Serbia is the European country where chances of Restoration are higher .

If this were to happen, had happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering where this is going? Does the Crown prince have a chance of a restoration?

What is unique amongst the royal houses of the Balkans is that the Karadjordjevic played a vital role in Serbia's recovery of independence in the 19th century. Similarly the House of Petrovic-Njegos ruled Montenegro and preserved its independence, the House of Zogu under Zog I more or less unified and stabilised Albania.

Support for the Royal Family was strong among Serbian exiles during the Tito years.

When war erupted with the breakup of Yugoslavia, the Royals became a rallying point for many domestic opponents of the regime in Serbia. The stature of the family was raised amidst Serbia's many troubles in the years that followed, and restoration became part of some political parties' program, particularly around the time Slobodan Milosveic was deposed. Perhaps because people looked for a rallying point in time of demoralisation and discrediting of many politicians. So yes, the idea of restoration does have a degree of public support and remains part of political discourse.

Which political parties are officialy for the Restoration of Monarchy?

At least two are explicitly monarchist, one of them currently in the government. And former foreign minister Vuk Draskovic is one of those calling for restoration.

Back
Top Bottom