The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Serbia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 03-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: somewhere in Italy, Italy
Posts: 2,379
Prince Vladimir supports the Crown Prince for the restoration of Monarchy?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:07 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23

She does indeed,but her behavior is very questionable...she is very sweet in public,but when the lights turn off she is a different person...

I had a chance to be with CP,Katharine and some members of Crown Council in one restaurant where she drank too much wine and started loudly proclaiming herself a Queen of Serbia.Other members noticed her behavior but did not say anything...

Day after that President of the Crown Council Mr.Dragomir Acovic sent a written note to Crown Prince just to talk to her and to try to calm her down because she might do such things again and people in general get the wrong impression.CP has shown that message to Katherine and she called Mr. Acovic to inform him that there is no more need for him to come to the Palace every day despite the fact that his office is also there...

She was also the reason why CP Alexander and Princess Elizabeth are no longer in speaking terms...she tried to forbade Princess Elizabeth doing charity work as she felt overshadowed by her...this resulted in the fact that Princess Elizabeth is forbidden to enter Royal Complex,despite the fact that whole complex has been returned for use to all Karadjordjevic dynasty members...

There have been also many other disputes in the family between CP,his wife and other family members...

Prince Tomislav,his uncle,was hugely popular in the country...he raised CP as his own son with his family due to the facts that we all know.Several moths before Tomislav died Alexander visited him in Oplenac where Tomislav lived for several years...Because of his popularity he accused Tomislav of wanting to take the throne away from him...Tomislav replied:"How could I take from you something that neither of us has?"

The family is not united and that is what creates a very bad PR in the public when these kind of stories you read in the interviews given by royals...
Very interesting information, thanks. It meets the idea we have here abt the CP couple.
I have two questions. Why it was his grandmum who raised the CP? What abt his parents?
And out of the palace given back to the family, did they receive any fortune? How do they live this expensive royal life?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
CP Alexander was raised partially by his grandmother Princess Aspasia and by his uncle Prince Tomislav with whom he lived while he was in Great Britain...

The reason was rocky marriage between his parents.Queen Alexandra was mentally unstable while King Peter drank too much and later separated(never divorced) from his wife and distanced himself from the Orthodox Church.Both Alexander and Tomislav opposed this.Their relationship deteriorated and when King Peter died he left to Alexander only one golden watch while other things he left to "his friends" in US where he died...

The palaces were not given back to him...Princess Elizabeth stated in an interview that he agreed with the government that he will not ask the palaces to be back in exchange for lifelong usage for him,his wife and his sons...many other members who are also heirs to King Alexander I and also Prince Alexander and Princess Elizabeth who have bills for everything they owned in the palaces opposed to his decision,but he stated that he is the head of the family and that everyone must obey him...

He still seeks back his other properties in various ex-republics of Yugoslavia...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Prince Vladimir supports the Crown Prince for the restoration of Monarchy?
He doesn't say this loudly,but I believe that deep in his heart he does!

The have cold/hot relationship due to the reasons I posted above as Vladimir is also one of the Heirs of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia who opposed his agreement with the government...Don't know details,but lately their relations seem to be more or less ok.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-03-2012, 09:12 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,084
But how does he live? Their life is expensive.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
Nobody knows for sure as they never discussed it.I only know that Crown Prince Alexander rents his house in London as he said it once in an interview...Of course,I don't think he still finances his sons as his former wife Maria da Gloria is very rich herself due to inheritance of her father!

Until 2011 the state was responsible for the royal complex they live in and for five years it has been spent 5.000.000 euros just for keeping up the Complex...

I have heard that Katherine is well off,how much-don't know and that her father owned some factories in Switzerland...but don't take this for granted because it is just a rumor...

There were also some very nasty rumors about her foundation and the money she receives and never show the bills,but I would like not to believe in such things!

The only thing is for sure as it was in all newspapers-her foundation worked along with one other foundation for women beast cancer which has been shut down due to scandalous financial fraud!Fond owner was spending fond money for years and for example buying a pair of earrings for 3.000 euros.When asked in court why did she do that she said:"Appearance is important as I represented the Fond so I had to invest in myself..."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 03-03-2012, 03:16 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,084
About her father having factories in Switzerland, this is absolutely false. Her father was in Aushwitz, he managed to survive he came back in Greece very poor and he founded in Athens, together with her uncle a shop selling discount fabrics. It went well for abt 25 years but this kind of business does not make you a millioner, especially because it was a huge family to live from it.
As regards the financial scandals, no comment! This is why we do not like when she comes in Athens and organize her "charity" events.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 03-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
Thank you for this...I knew that Kathrine is Jewish Greek but didn't know that her father was in concentration camp...

Out of all people who worked with her or known her nobody likes her...Princess Elizabeth told the press that she was literally banished from the Court by Alexander and Katherine...here are some quotes from the interview Elizabeth gave to "Politika" magazine that I found and some may answer some of your questions:

"- You say that you are banished from the palace. Who exactly banished you?

- Alexander himself. He said that I should move out of their closeness or he will take revenge on me. Revenge is an ugly and vulgar word. Princess Katharina started yelling at my friend, but he did not want to talk to her and turned his head away. Many years ago the two of them screamed at me: "Why do you always go to Belgrade?", "Whom are you seeing there?", "What is your exact goal by going there?" ... I told them that no one has the right to shout at me and that I do not have time to talk to stupid and impudent people. I turned around and went to Prince Charles and Lady Diana. Their car was waiting for me outside. Then I forgave them-because of the people, but I will not now. Never. And by the way: my father had paid Alexander's school in Switzerland. There is a French saying: "Why do you hate me if I've never helped you?" People do not like to be grateful. When someone owes money, he is ashamed to tell you or to come to you. That's why I prefer to donate money and forget about it..."

She was asked also about Princess Katherine and what does she think about the fact that she is banished from the palace while her whole family are treated there as royals:

"- How do you feel when you, as a person born in this palace, can not step into it and Princess Katarina brings her entire family there?

- Nothing new. First, the communists banned me and today he is also. Now I enjoy this wonderful city of Kotor and I do not have to suffer because I am not in the palace. I think it's very strange ... With his first wife Alexander was dominant. She left because of his criticism. And now his second wife is dominant over him. Usually people choose the same type of person who will be their partners.

Surely there's a reason ...

- It is not money. She is not rich, although it is her side of the story. She sold some real estate in America. Maybe her father has some money. He worked in a carpet factory. I know the woman of the owner of that factory ... This ... Just glad I'm not there because I do not like this protocol life. I am happy now barefooted, here in Kotor. At court I would feel like in prison. I'm used to doing what I want in order to be free. The protocol is not for me. I do a lot of work and I need to be in the center of the city, that I can go out when ever I want to. I like being with people and they are wonderful towards me. What Alexander and Kathrine are doing now is very theatrical and vulgar..."

The most funniest question was:

"- What would you say to CP Alexander if you see him?

- Nothing,I would ignore him and went past him as I do not see him at all."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 03-04-2012, 03:41 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,084
OMG! She is more awful than i thought! I hope Serbians are not so stupid to restore Monarchy and have her as Queen!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: somewhere in Italy, Italy
Posts: 2,379
I am surprised to see these conflicts of the members of the royal Family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 03-04-2012, 05:54 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,084
Agree! It is sad but it happens. Look at the italian RF. Conflicts also.
Im happy than the Greek RF is united.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I am surprised to see these conflicts of the members of the royal Family.
They were all more or less united,but when they came back and when only Alexander used the palace which was to be given back for usage to all Karadjordjevic members the problems started...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I hope Serbians are not so stupid to restore Monarchy and have her as Queen!
Well,as much as I would like restoration of the monarchy,it wont happen soon,if ever...

People are not stupid...generally CP A and his wife are not liked by the people in generall,except maybe by some die hard monarchists,but also even many die hard monarchists don't like Alexander because of his meddling into politics and many of his statements which are result of his advisers...

Unfortunately,the press is often making fun of them regarding Katherine(and Alexander with her) as one hyper-active Pushy which can often irritate people in a poor country...they call them together "Karadjordje's schnitzel and Greek kebab"

Here is one of the headlines when they arrived from some trip carrying toys for humanitarian causes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...evic_kralj.jpg

The headline is:"The horse has come to Serbia..." So,even when they do some good and nice things(which in fact they do) it is not seen as it should...

Of course,some other members of Karadjordjevic family were never treated like that in the press(Tomislav,Elizabeth or her brother Alexander),so this means that the treatment is often a result of impression you leave on people...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Here is one of the headlines when they arrived from some trip carrying toys for humanitarian causes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...evic_kralj.jpg
With respect, I don't see how that particular picture is meant as an offence: Crown Prince Alexander is holding a toy horse, hence the headline. Horse (конь) is not a derogatory word in Russian, and presumably not in Serbian either.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
Of course,horse as a word itself is not an offense,but when used in any kind of connection with people it always has an offensive meaning...

In Serbian when you want to offend someone you say:"Konju jedan-коњу један." which metaphorically it means:"You idiot." or "You stupid man."

Or if you want to offend how someone looks you say:"He/she looks horsy."

The purpose of the headlines was to make fun of the Prince in metaphorical way...They played with the words which resulted a sharp tone of irony and sarcasm...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
It is my understanding that most major political parties support the Monarchy
Unfortunately,as I said,this is not true...Crown Prince Alexander said it himself in an interview given on 16th of January 2012:

"Political parties DO NOT support the restoration of the monarchy because they want to occupy as many positions as they can and some of the politicians want to be Presidents of the Republic."

This is logical because if you have a monarch you don't have President of the Republic,Vice-President of the Republic anymore and many other positions which would cease to exist if the monarchy is proclaimed...

When asked about his sons,do they learn Serbian and why are they avoiding to come to Serbia he just skipped answering about their Serbian language and answered:"They said that they will come back only when(if) I become the King."

Here is the link to the interview:

http://www.vesti-online.com/Vesti/Sr...a-imidz-Srbije
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 03-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: somewhere in Italy, Italy
Posts: 2,379
His sons should live in Serbia and know the language.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,427
There, at least, could be no argument; whether there is a restoration or not, as long as the Serbian royals have even a semi-official role, they should be able to represent their country on an adequate level - and that includes properly speaking Serbian.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
His sons should live in Serbia and know the language.
Well,where they live now is not that important at the moment,but if you have pretensions as a leader Serbian language is a MUST-that's how people here see that...

Serbia is just one of the few monarchies that has never been ruled by a foreign dynasty and people often connect the king with everything that is Serbian...

Unfortunately CP Alexander is not seen as such...he is also called:"That silky British officer." which means that he is not seen "Serbian enough"...People who comment on his interviews in the papers often say:"even if we want the monarchy we don't want him as a King."

For me,it's so sad to see that,but unfortunately that's reality and one can't escape from it...further more his sons are not interested in any kind of involvement with Serbia and that doesn't help the monarchy restoration prospect in the future...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
There, at least, could be no argument; whether there is a restoration or not, as long as the Serbian royals have even a semi-official role, they should be able to represent their country to an adequate level - and that includes properly speaking Serbian.
You are right...

I just wanted here in general to explain why Serbian restoration has such small chances...If King Micheal of Romania,for example,was to be Serbian pretender restoration would have had much more chances...

The restoration is often connected to the person who wants to be a King...he should be wise enough and not let himself being booed,making any kid of political statements or being criticized for not knowing for years the language of the people whose King he wants to be...

Dragoljub Micunovic,one of the creators of Democratic party along with murdered Zoran Djindjic which is now in power said about Alexander:"If we have chosen his great-grandfather or his grandfather as a King and Serbian leader that doesn't automatically mean that we want him to be the leader of our children and grandchildren.In this situation,I think that we have more important issues to deal with then to think about the monarchy.The idea of monarchy is just not healthy."
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restoration of the Monarchy in Romania Benjamin The Royal Family of Romania 485 Yesterday 05:39 PM
The chances of a restoration of the Monarchy in Iran espejor The Imperial Family of Iran 64 03-13-2014 07:02 PM
Monarchy and Restoration; Rival Families and Claimants aj00192557 The Imperial Family of Russia 902 01-24-2014 12:56 PM
German Restoration? Russian The Royal and Princely Houses of Hohenzollern 153 11-01-2013 08:53 PM
Serbian History Natalija The Royal Family of Serbia 3 05-31-2011 09:39 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim prince laurent princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sheikh state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]