The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Serbia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
So she is living a quiet private life away from all these things royal. How is the relationship with Alexander and Katherine? (if you have)
She lives quiet life,but what I wanted to say is that she is not very often seen as a guest in the palace...she sees her friends and family around the world still and is very sociable person.

But,from what I have heard,she has a problem with Crown Princess,or rather Crown Princess has a problem with her as she often gets overshadowed whenever Elizabeth is around...So,Elizabeth is never invited if she doesn't have to be invited,if you know what I mean.Few years ago they were not even on speaking terms...

Not to mention that she was denied any sort of room in the royal palace,even if the palace was given to use to the whole Karadjordjevic family.Prince Vladimir has the same problem and talked about it in the newspapaers...

She can't also claim many of the artworks that are still in the palace and belonged to her father...

Old 10-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Royal Highness

I was going to ask you about Prince Vladimir as well, Marc.

It seems he and his wife try to be as active in Serbia as possible, though they live in Germany.

Is Vladimir fluent in Serbian? Also, did he not take Crown Prince Alexander to court last year on account of being denied access to the Royal Palace compound? If so, what became of that action?

Old 10-31-2015, 05:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
I was going to ask you about Prince Vladimir as well, Marc.

It seems he and his wife try to be as active in Serbia as possible, though they live in Germany.

Is Vladimir fluent in Serbian? Also, did he not take Crown Prince Alexander to court last year on account of being denied access to the Royal Palace compound? If so, what became of that action?
Unfortunately,Prince Vladimir isn't fluent in Serbian at all,though he and his wife really and honestly try to be active everywhere as much as possible...

But,he doesn't live here and therefor his actions are not much covered in press as many people don't know exactly who he is,except that he is Karadjordjevic,if they read family name in an article...

Obviously,nothing came out of court action,if there was one in the end...Many members of Karadjordjevic family are angry because of his behavior towards them,but on the other side,he is the Head of the family,so...

Just don't know,the family is not united at all...I have a feeling that ordinary people in Romania respect their royal family more than Serbian people here in Serbia.Maybe I am wrong but that's my feeling.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Marc for all this informations. The image I had of Serbian royal family was completely different. When there are conflicts and differences of course this has an impact on their image in the people there. I was surprised a little and Princess Catherine too. Here in Greece often comes because of natural origin, but also because here live her children. There is enough coverage from media here for various events organized to assist organizations in the Serbia. What afraid by other family members and excluding them can not understand.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thank you Marc for all this informations. The image I had of Serbian royal family was completely different. When there are conflicts and differences of course this has an impact on their image in the people there. I was surprised a little and Princess Catherine too. Here in Greece often comes because of natural origin, but also because here live her children. There is enough coverage from media here for various events organized to assist organizations in the Serbia. What afraid by other family members and excluding them can not understand.
Well,CP Catherine really tries her best to do as much as possible as she is very ambitious to become a queen and as much popular as she can...

But there are certain things you do in a way people can respect you...Officially,she is very nice,always ready to take pictures etc.,but my friend who worked for her told me that she wanted her children to be proclaimed HRH and Prince and Princess and forced that issue,but the Crown Council declined it with disgust...

In one way,you have to admire the woman who puts up so much energy into her goals,but her only mistake is that she listens to nobody around and often make mistakes which often seen by others and not so much welcomed.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

She wanted her children to get their titles prince, princess? This is ridiculous. Would she like to make her son the next heir maybe? What you need to do is to help and promote as can the children of her husband.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She wanted her children to get their titles prince, princess? This is ridiculous. Would she like to make her son the next heir maybe? What you need to do is to help and promote as can the children of her husband.
She wanted them to be adopted by the CP and to be proclaimed HRH...at least,that's what I have heard.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

It does not seem so surprising anymore that its relations with the rest of the family is poor. Probably trying to restore the monarchy in the country by promoting just itself ...... okay and perhaps her husband
Old 11-01-2015, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
She wanted them to be adopted by the CP and to be proclaimed HRH...at least,that's what I have heard.
I think these are just idiotic rumours and not based by any facts at all. If Princess Katherine had any desire in that direction, she will have realized soon enough it was chanceless.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes but sometimes this idiotic rumours(if rumors) succeed in their purpose.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I think these are just idiotic rumours and not based by any facts at all. If Princess Katherine had any desire in that direction, she will have realized soon enough it was chanceless.
It came from her associate who works for her and CP now for years...

He also had a problem with her because of such things...When there was reburial of King Peter,she asked him to arrange people according to the order of precedence.Although that wasn't his job,he did it as she said and spent the whole night doing it as there was no time to wait.In the morning,she has seen it and stormed into anger because he hasn't put her children in front of everyone,even though she asked him to stick to the order of precedence strictly.

There were also many articles in the newspapers about Crown Princess and her employees.Her former PR made very big fuss accusing her security of molesting and beating her.

I met with Crown Princess few times and she was always very polite,I can't say.

But there was once one thing I witnessed.I was with her and few people at some dinner near Topola,where Karadjordjevic family has a mausoleum.The restaurant is owned by the cousin of the president of the Crown Council and the royal family always go there...

She drunk a bit more wine and began whispering a little bit more loudly "I am the Queen,I am the Queen..."

Day after that,one of the members of the Crown Council(will not name him) sent Crown Prince a letter asking him to "calm her down" as such things should not be said publicly.He did not respond,but she immediately called him and said that there was no need for him to come to the palace daily anymore,even though he is a member of the Crown Council and has an office there...

True or not,I only say what I have heard and what I have witnessed,but that kind of image is certainly not good for the Royal family in general and as a monarchist it's very sad indeed.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Marc i am curious about something else if of course you know. I know that the young prince Alexander now lives permanently in Serbia and owned a bar. What is the image that exists for this on the people there or about his relationship with the daughter of Emir Kusturica? (He is very popular in my country)

(Everyone here in Royal Forums can have their opinions. You know the things you know and thanks for the sharing with us... so do not care so much about it.)
Old 11-01-2015, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Marc i am curious about something else if of course you know. I know that the young prince Alexander now lives permanently in Serbia and owned a bar. What is the image that exists for this on the people there or about his relationship with the daughter of Emir Kusturica? (He is very popular in my country)

(Everyone here in Royal Forums can have their opinions. You know the things you know and thanks for the sharing with us... so do not care so much about it.)
Well,from what I have heard,he doesn't own a bar anymore because he had some disagreement with the other co-owner...

Emir Kusturica is very well known throughout the country...Some people like him very much,but some other don't.Opinions about him are very much divided.There were few articles about Prince Alexander and Dunja(Dunya),Emir's daughter,but they are keeping very low profile and people don't pay so much attention to it,if they know about it at all...

For example,there are much more important things to know about the royal family that people don't know and are just not interested.Except Crown Prince,people in general don't know who is who among royal family members,how many of them there are and how are they related.Many of them have just heard about the Crown Prince and Princess Elizabeth,while they don't know who others are except when they read the family name in the newspapers...if it isn't about Crown Prince or Princess Elizabeth they read it and say "it's about some Karadjordjevic Prince or Princess...",not even bothering to name them.There were few articles in the newspapers about Princess Helene of Yugoslavia(Serbia),her former husband and Nicholas Sarkozy,but people just didn't know who she exactly is...

Monarchy nowadays in Serbia isn't an option at all,unfortunately...majority of people just don't think about it,or if the minority even think about it,they don't think about it seriously at all...In Serbia,strong pro monarchy movement doesn't exist.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

My neighbours are Serbian by coincidence and they say: "Monarchy? Serbia? Come on! We are in 2015!" They focus on a membership of the EU so that travel and working will be easier. Monarchy is a far-away-obscurity for them and they only experience it in the Netherlands, where they work. "Funny country, with a King and a Golden Carriage, hahaha!"
Old 11-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
My neighbours are Serbian by coincidence and they say: "Monarchy? Serbia? Come on! We are in 2015!" They focus on a membership of the EU so that travel and working will be easier. Monarchy is a far-away-obscurity for them and they only experience it in the Netherlands, where they work. "Funny country, with a King and a Golden Carriage, hahaha!"
This is EXACTLY what majority of Serbian people think...When they think of King,they only think of fairy tale.The thing with a "King,Golden Carriage etc." is just nonsense and absurd for them...They look at it as an unnecessary masquerade.

Some members posted here some polls in which majority of Serbians are for the monarchy-I do not need to mention that the polls were so fixed and not real at all...

In reality,if you would ask people in the streets about the poll is which majority of people voted for the monarchy,most of them would shake their head,just laugh and leave.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
What is the image that exists for this on the people there or about his relationship with the daughter of Emir Kusturica? (He is very popular in my country)
According to the newest writings in the newspaper,they are no longer together because of those photos published earlier on...

It is said she couldn't stand the fact that some girl was licking his nipple...More difficult is that they already have a distance relationship because she lives in Paris.

We will see if this is true and if it is,will they get back together...
Old 11-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe it is gossip of the newspapers. We will see. But if it is true let's watch out. Thanks Marc i'm very interested for Serbian royals and is difficult for me to find news for them . But again from the country which come i have interest general for all Balkan royals.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Maybe it is gossip of the newspapers. We will see. But if it is true let's watch out. Thanks Marc i'm very interested for Serbian royals and is difficult for me to find news for them . But again from the country which come i have interest general for all Balkan royals.
Well,it is gossipy newspapers,so you never know with them.Sometimes something is true and sometimes they try to make headlines out of nothing...
Old 01-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Royal Highness

Back in Christmas of 2014, it looked like the Hereditary Crown Prince brought his girlfriend to the palace to visit, but there has been no engagement. Has anyone heard anything or know if there perhaps is an impending marriage for one of the princes? The prince is 36 next month, and I am surprised that nothing has come of it.

Marc23, are there any news out there?
Old 01-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

Who is the girlfriend of Hereditary Crown Prince Peter? there are rumors of marriage?