The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Serbia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Partially agree. The crown prince couple gives me the impression that they try much for the country and help significantly. But many are bothered about the issue of language and agree for that. For me the most important is that children should begin to play a more active role in the country's society. It is of course positive that the young Alexander lives permanently in the country. And totally agree that you say about the PR-machine who must help them.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Serene Highness

This is true,but their PR-machine is terrible.

If you see the articles in the newspapers about them these days,you will find always something awful...how they beg Serbian Air Company to fly for free in business class,but they were refused...some "ugly" pictures of CP sons,during some parties with girls and drinks were also published...

Here are some of them:

http://images3.kurir.rs/slika-w640/a...900-768173.jpg

http://images2.kurir.rs/slika-900x60...816-768175.jpg

http://images.kurir.rs/slika-900x608...816-768177.jpg

http://images2.kurir.rs/slika-w640/a...836-768181.jpg

http://images2.kurir.rs/slika-900x60...633-769051.jpg

Even though the sons are still "young" some things are not "allowed" for them just because they are royals,while other "celebrities" do this every day.They just do what most people of their age have done at some point,but others don't get "punished" in this sort of way...

The comments in articles about them are also terrible.Even when they do something good,they get bashed in article comments...

I mean,they just need different kind of PR-machine because they are presented in most unflattering way most of the time...

Old 10-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post

If you see the articles in the newspapers about them these days,you will find always something awful...how they beg Serbian Air Company to fly for free in business class,but they were refused...some "ugly" pictures of CP sons,during some parties with girls and drinks were also published...

Here are some of them:

Even though the sons are still "young" some things are not "allowed" for them just because they are royals,while other "celebrities" do this every day.They just do what most people of their age have done at some point,but others don't get "punished" in this sort of way...

The comments in articles about them are also terrible.Even when they do something good,they get bashed in article comments...

I mean,they just need different kind of PR-machine because they are presented in most unflattering way most of the time...
I would agree with you entirely, these links do underline the need for a professional staff around the Royal Family to both advice in advance, and smooth over/reduce incidents after they happen.

It does make me wonder, does the Royal Family have staff at all, such as a press secretary and/or advisor(s)?
Old 10-27-2015, 08:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean80 View Post
I would agree with you entirely, these links do underline the need for a professional staff around the Royal Family to both advice in advance, and smooth over/reduce incidents after they happen.

It does make me wonder, does the Royal Family have staff at all, such as a press secretary and/or advisor(s)?
Yes,they have the whole team of people working for them...they live semi-official royal lifestyle in Belgrade...they have staff,servants,they live in the castle which is owned still by the state,which means that the state has to pay for up-keeping,not them...They make balls,banquets,dinners...the only difference is that they are not officially heads of state,nor that they are respected that much...

They are much more respected abroad than in their own country...people here generally don't like them much...sometimes with a reason,and also many times without any reason,but just because they don't know how to make proper interaction...
Old 10-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Here are some of them:

These photographs are recent?
Old 10-28-2015, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes,they have the whole team of people working for them...they live semi-official royal lifestyle in Belgrade...they have staff,servants,they live in the castle which is owned still by the state,which means that the state has to pay for up-keeping,not them...They make balls,banquets,dinners...the only difference is that they are not officially heads of state,nor that they are respected that much...

They are much more respected abroad than in their own country...people here generally don't like them much...sometimes with a reason,and also many times without any reason,but just because they don't know how to make proper interaction...
This is the key. To improve their image in their country. Monarchies restores the people, not governments (almost). But in this piece really need considerable help. What to think seeing these photos the children ?
Old 10-28-2015, 06:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Really don't know..they were published two days ago in the newspapers...
Old 10-28-2015, 06:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
This is the key. To improve their image in their country. Monarchies restores the people, not governments (almost). But in this piece really need considerable help. What to think seeing these photos the children ?
Well,to tell you the truth,there is nothing in these photos that most of young people haven't done...

But,considering what kind of present image of Crown Prince and his wife have in general,it just fueled the fire against them...
Old 10-28-2015, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well,to tell you the truth,there is nothing in these photos that most of young people haven't done...

But,considering what kind of present image of Crown Prince and his wife have in general,it just fueled the fire against them...
Yes I agree . But especially for the her Peter disagree. Peter is now 35 years old (and not so young, I mean 20 to 25) will have to start i say again to play a more active role in his country if naturally interested in the monarchy. If not then well done.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Yes I agree . But especially for the her Peter disagree. Peter is now 35 years old (and not so young, I mean 20 to 25) will have to start i say again to play a more active role in his country if naturally interested in the monarchy. If not then well done.
Well,to speak the truth,I don't think they are interested at all...there are several reasons for my belief...

First of all,they were born and raised abroad and were not the first generation of exiled royals to have some sort of connection to the country.

Second,they don't get along so well with the personality of their stepmother and they try to avoid any kind of conflict by being around them in Serbia.(source from the Palace stuff)

Third,because of their mother,they are or will be very rich,so they don't have to make their own cause here,unlike their father,who inherited only one golden watch from his father and has to fight for his rights in Serbia in order to restore at least something his family had.

Fourth,they have to speak Serbian in order to even make some sort of connection with the people here.Serbian people were proud that they had it's own dynasty on the throne,unlike many other countries in the region which were ruled by many German dynasties.People here need to identify with it's leader...and they just can't do it or feel it if one doesn't have anything in common with them and speaks another language.They don't speak Serbian at all,unlike their father and stepmother who try and at least speak,in a funny way though.

Fifth,I think they are now too old to start doing something from the beginning.People were often curved while they are young.Now they have different habits,different kind of life from the one expected of someone who wants seriously to involve in some kind of restoration movement.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

It is as you describe the situation that exists in relation to the new generation of royals to almost all Balkan countries. I fear that leaving the old generation of the idea of the monarchy will leave with them.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:27 AM

And how about the sons of princ Tomislav, where do they live?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The pictures don't look recent, especially the last one. Facebook changed their settings so that even if you set your pictures to private, you must also set separately past posts to private too or eventually they will become public. You also have the issue of pictures you get tagged in too. It was an issue in our recent election with many candidates dropping out because of old posts in twitter, facebook, etc. It looks like someone went through social media to dig up what they could and the royal family should have been more careful all along with social media.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceallach View Post
The pictures don't look recent, especially the last one. Facebook changed their settings so that even if you set your pictures to private, you must also set separately past posts to private too or eventually they will become public. You also have the issue of pictures you get tagged in too. It was an issue in our recent election with many candidates dropping out because of old posts in twitter, facebook, etc. It looks like someone went through social media to dig up what they could and the royal family should have been more careful all along with social media.
You could be right...but again,the sons of CP Alexander don't live in Serbia,they are obviously not much interested in keeping the monarchy thing alive,so it's very hard to say to them "behave as you are expected to behave because people in Serbia will say this or that..." while they live abroad,have their own private lives and just want to enjoy life as it is,outside of being royals...

I don't blame them for those photos as I think it's common thing that anyone of us has done such thing at one point,but the media like that kind of pictures and they were presented in an article as spoiled,rich,obese guys who just don't care for anything while we(tax payers) pay for the up-keeping of the palace where their father lives...

Everything is just put out of the context,just to ruin more the shaky image royals here already have and you can't even defend them because they have pictures that prove such twisted and over-sized "facts of life".
Old 10-28-2015, 08:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbg View Post
And how about the sons of princ Tomislav, where do they live?
He has 3 sons..one lives in Germany(Nikola) as he is separated with his Serbian wife.

While two others(George and Michail) live in London,coming occasionally to Serbia...George has an out of wedlock daughter,named Sara Anastasia,that lives here in Serbia with her mother.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Royal Highness

Marc,

Of all the different branches, who amongst the Karadjordjevic family is more "popular" in Serbia?
Old 10-29-2015, 05:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Marc,

Of all the different branches, who amongst the Karadjordjevic family is more "popular" in Serbia?
Well,people only know the ones who live in Serbia,which means Crown Prince,his wife Catherine and Princess Elizabeth...The rest are totally unknown here.I mean people don't know how many Karadjordjevic family members even have.

Most respected among the ordinary people is Princess Elizabeth who mastered her Serbian over the years,behaves like a Princess and is very down to earth at the same time...Before Elizabeth,the most respected member was Prince Tomislav who also lived his final years in Serbia.

The best Serbian speaking Prince is her brother Prince Alexander,but people don't know about him as he lives in Paris.

But,to say the truth,people in Serbia don't know that much about Karadjordjevic family in general and they don't even bother to know.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I did know that Princess Elizabeth lives in Serbia. She does not participate in various events? I do not remember to have seen her.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I did know that Princess Elizabeth lives in Serbia. She does not participate in various events? I do not remember to have seen her.
Not so much in royal/official ones hosted by the CP,but she is often seen in some cocktails and various celebrity gatherings where she is often invited and pictured.

She can be seen anywhere...She goes by herself to the market.I have seen her 3 days ago in the shopping mall with her partner checking out some kitchen stuff.They are almost always together.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not so much in royal/official ones hosted by the CP,but she is often seen in some cocktails and various celebrity gatherings where she is often invited and pictured.

She can be seen anywhere...She goes by herself to the market.I have seen her 3 days ago in the shopping mall with her partner checking out some kitchen stuff.They are almost always together.
So she is living a quiet private life away from all these things royal. How is the relationship with Alexander and Katherine? (if you have)