The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Royal Highness

There are many monarchists in Serbia? What are the chances of a restore in Serbia?

Old 01-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
There are many monarchists in Serbia? What are the chances of a restore in Serbia?
I am confuses, as I am fairly certain that there is only one royal dynasty in Serbia. The Karadjordvich family. I know that there are the Montenegro royals, but they are not living in Serbia. U also know that the Montenegran royals have recognized Alexander II as the rightful "king" of Serbia after the border changes. Yes, Montenegro was once part of south Serbia due to the border changes, but Alexander is the rightful heir, with Petar as his heir.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Royal Highness

A relative majority of Serbian citizens would like to see the restoration of the monarchy, and although it would not be its medieval form but modern, constitutional and parliamentary, still has many appealing. And not only in our country: all countries in Europe and many of the world where the king reigns but does not rule are developed, they do not want to tear down the institution and the world is watching them with different eyes. And yet, there is a negative side

ZA MONARHIJU I PROTIV NJE: Evo po 4 argumenta obe strane. Odlučite sami na kojoj se nalazite (VIDEO) | Telegraf – Najnovije vesti

Google Tradutor
Old 07-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal Musings: Serbian government overturns 1947 law that took away royal citzenship and property
Old 07-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Majesty

Wonderful news. But i believe that is should remain permanently at some point in their country the heir Peter as did Nicolae in Romania.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Royal Highness

What is up? there are some chances to happen some restoration?
Old 07-28-2015, 02:14 PM

According to the poll done by Blic news 49,2 percent support for monarchy restoration, 45 percent are against and 5,7 percent do not have an opinion on the issue.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
What is up? there are some chances to happen some restoration?
No real chances...unfortunately

To add that CP Alexander and his family are not really liked by the majority of people...
Old 07-28-2015, 07:06 PM
Royal Highness

I thought that most people liked the royal family.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbg View Post
According to the poll done by Blic news 49,2 percent support for monarchy restoration, 45 percent are against and 5,7 percent do not have an opinion on the issue.
The numbers of this poll is very encouraging.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
No real chances...unfortunately

To add that CP Alexander and his family are not really liked by the majority of people...
Uhmm,no :(

They see them as strangers,still not speaking properly Serbian after almost 15 years in the country,constantly making laugh of them...

The only member which is really liked by the people is Princess Elizabeth whose Serbian dramatically improved over the years...still the best Serbian speaking member is her brother Prince Alexander,but almost nobody knows him as he lives in Paris,so,to no avail...
Old 07-29-2015, 03:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The numbers of this poll is very encouraging.
This poll is just not realistic :(

People in Serbia don't even bother and think about the restoration,they have other problems to think about...there is no real movement or even a real wish,except just a few words here and there...
Old 07-29-2015, 03:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:

They see them as strangers,still not speaking properly Serbian after almost 15 years in the country,constantly making laugh of them...

The only member which is really liked by the people is Princess Elizabeth whose Serbian dramatically improved over the years...still the best Serbian speaking member is her brother Prince Alexander,but almost nobody knows him as he lives in Paris,so,to no avail...
I'm litttle surprising with that . The people in Serbia laugh with them? And to see them as strangers? WOW. I have totaly differend image
Old 08-01-2015, 05:42 AM
Majesty

I have Serbian friends in Lapalisse, both well-educated and working for Airbus Group and they laughed their *ss off when I asked them about the prospect of a monarchy: "Serbia must make a step forward, not backward!"

Tja...
Old 08-01-2015, 05:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:

"Serbian" does not exist. The language is Serbo-Croatian and and is the primary language of Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and is also spoken in parts of Macedonia, Slovenia, etc.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
"Serbian" does not exist. The language is Serbo-Croatian and and is the primary language of Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and is also spoken in parts of Macedonia, Slovenia, etc.

Lol

I understand your point :) basically it's the truth because all those languages of former Yugoslavia are almost the same,with few different words and a different accent...only Macedonian and Slovenian are a bit harder to understand...

But technically and officially,Serbian is a separate language,recognized as such and it is a variety of Serbo-Croatian language...the same goes for Montenegrin,Croatian and Bosnian

So,if the Prince lives in Serbia where officially recognized language is Serbian,than it's about Serbian :)
Old 08-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I'm litttle surprising with that . The people in Serbia laugh with them? And to see them as strangers? WOW. I have totaly differend image
Yes,they do...no matter how hard they try...their Serbian is like when they try to speak,they make such mistakes that becomes so funny because it loses a point and purpose...and even after almost 15 years in Serbia,the language is still an issue...

Here is a video where they booed Crown Prince and yelled "learn Serbian" at him...he got very upset and angry.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I have Serbian friends in Lapalisse, both well-educated and working for Airbus Group and they laughed their *ss off when I asked them about the prospect of a monarchy: "Serbia must make a step forward, not backward!"

Tja...

Exactly...this is what majority of people in Serbia think.They just don't even bother thinking about the monarchy...it's not even a subject or an issue...
Old 08-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes,they do...no matter how hard they try...their Serbian is like when they try to speak,they make such mistakes that becomes so funny because it loses a point and purpose...and even after almost 15 years in Serbia,the language is still an issue...

Here is a video where they booed Crown Prince and yelled "learn Serbian" at him...he got very upset and angry.
I think you have a point.
You can not want the restoration of the Monarchy with you as King, to stay in the country 15 years (so many?) and talking so bad the language.
And me who i'm not Serbian bother me.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes,they do...no matter how hard they try...their Serbian is like when they try to speak,they make such mistakes that becomes so funny because.... [snipped]
Given the video and Prince Alexander's plebeian reaction, it would be better for him just to enjoy the perquisites he has already got from the Serbian government.