Crown Prince Alexander II current events: February 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, they are friends. The King and Queen attended CPAlexander's 60th birthday celebrations (as did I) and I left the King get in front of me in the dessert line at the lunch at the palace the day after the gala dinner.

After reading this thread I've noticed on several occasions the king and queen of Sweden have been guests of CP Alexander. It surprised me that they were close. Does anyone know the basis for it?

HRH Crown Prince Alexander II disappointed about the opinion of the UN Court

In a statement released yesterday, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Alexander commented regarding the decision by the International Court of Justice on Kosovo in the Hague today.
HRH Crown Prince Alexander stated the following: “We are disappointed about the opinion of the International Court of Justice in the Hague announced today. It clearly shows that force has prevailed over International Justice! By making the decision that independence is irreversible, the Court confirmed that it basically didn’t have its’ own standpoint, and that it didn’t actually need such a long time to present to the public decision made by those who brought tragedy and lawlessness to Kosovo and Metohija by their policy and their deeds.
Full article

Statement of hrh crown prince alexander’s office

REGARDING RULING OF SLOVENIAN COURT AND CONFUSION OF WHO IS WHO IN THE ROYAL FAMILY
The Office of HRH Crown Prince Alexander II would like to inform the public that the recent decision of Slovenian Court regarding properties in Slovenia is not related to HRH Crown Prince Alexander II, as media have published, but rather to HRH Prince Alexander Karadjordjevic, the son of late Prince Paul. Brdo kod Kranja was confiscated from Prince Paul in by a decree in 1947, whereas Crown Prince Alexander II is the direct successor of late King Alexander I and Queen Maria whose family property of the senior branch of the Royal Family in Slovenia is a villa on the Bohinj and a villa on the Bled Lake, they were also confiscated by the same act in 1947.
To clarify the property Brdo kod Kranja is part of the properties of HRH Prince Alexander Karadjordjevic, the son of late Prince Paul and his family. - Official site of Serbian RF

The photogallery from the Crown Prince's site -January 6th, 2012.

I wonder what is the Crown Prince doing with the fire?:ermm::)

Last edited:
Today is Christmas, and that is burning of badnjak. That is Serbian customs for Christmas Eve (6.1.)

Today is Christmas, and that is burning of badnjak. That is Serbian customs for Christmas Eve (6.1.)

In Serbia Christmas is celebrated on the 7th of January? I never knew that I knew the 6th was 3 kings day. Is it traditional for all families to have a fire like Crown Prince Alexander did?

In Serbia Christmas is celebrated on the 7th of January? I never knew that I knew the 6th was 3 kings day. Is it traditional for all families to have a fire like Crown Prince Alexander did?

In Serbia and in other Orthodox countries like Russia,Macedonia,Ukraine .... Christmas is celebrated at 7th January, on 6th is Christmas Eve(Badnik) when all family dinner together fasting(meatless) food, and we(in Macedonia and other Orthodox countries ) break(share) bread with a coin, and who would get the coin is believe that will go follow happiness all year :)
The fire is a traditional also, but he lights up the day before Christmas Eve.People gather around fire, they dancing, sing and drink hot RAKIJA,hot wine...until the early morning hours when small kids start to go on KOLEDE :)

Last edited:
The Serbian National Television spoke about how the Royal Family celebrated the 6th of January?

Deputy Prime Minister of the self-proclaimed Kosovo Republic Hayretdin Kuchi has declined the request of the Crown Prince Alexander Karajorjevich and Princess Katarina to allow them a visit to the Orthodox monasteries in Kosovo and Metohia.
Article
Google translation into English

Serbia: Son of last Yugoslav king wants father's remains bac - Politics - ANSAMed.it
Prince Aleksandar Karadjordjevic, the son of the last King of Yugoslavia, Peter II, has asked the Belgrade authorities to allow his father's remains to be repatriated and buried in Serbia.
In a letter to the country's President, Boris Tadic, and the Prime Minister, Mirko Cvetkovic, Karadjordjevic has also demanded the repatriation of the remains of other members of the royal family who died abroad.

Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine together with Prince Albert of Monaco attended
the final march of the ATP Masters Series and the Gala of the ATP Masters Series at the Sporting Club
in Monte Carlo on April 20, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

:previous:
Thank you for the pictures of Alexander II and Princess Katherine; it's always nice to see them.
However, I must say the lavender suit (with dreadful white tights) is one of the most unflattering outfits I've ever seen.

You are most welcome, Artemisia!

I've made a little mistake yesterday, it's not been the final match yet, I got confused by the gala event..

Yesterday, April 21, Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine attended another match and
especially Katherine was really excited :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages/wireimage gallery **

They were cheering for Novak Djokovic and Katherine got really exited because his grandfather to whom he was bonded died during one of his matches in Monte Carlo and Novak "celebrated" afterwords in tears...

:previous:

In the meantime I've heard that as well, really sad for Novak Djokovic...

Here are some pics of Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine with members of the Princely
Family of Monaco during the final on day eight of the ATP Monte Carlo Masters on April 22, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I haven't seen them in ages. They look good and Katherine & Charlene seem very familiar with each other. Nice pics as always, Iceflower! :flowers:

Crown prince Alexander and his wife attended a lunch in New York. The lunch was organised for 'lifeline New York Charity Organization', and the money collected will be used on a hospital in Pirot, Serbia.

The lunch was also attended by prince Dmitri of Yugoslavia, Princess Maria Pia of Bourbon-Parma/Savoy and Yoo Soon-taek, wife of UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon.

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/n...serbie-a-un-dejeuner-de-charite-a-new-york-2/

Marengo said:
Crown prince Alexander and his wife attended a lunch in New York. The lunch was organised for 'lifeline New York Charity Organization', and the money collected will be used on a hospital in Pirot, Serbia.

The lunch was also attended by prince Dmitri of Yugoslavia, Princess Maria Pia of Bourbon-Parma/Savoy and Yoo Soon-taek, wife of UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon.

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/2012/10/alexandre-et-katherine-de-serbie-a-un-dejeuner-de-charite-a-new-york-2/

Crown princess Katherine is patron of lifeline

Today (May 18), Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine attended the presentation of the book "A King's Heritage- The Memoirs," which traces the life of King Peter II, Alexander's father, who died in the US during exile. The event took place at the Royal Palace in Belgrade.

Below is an article from Noblesse & Royautes about the event:
Noblesse & Royautés » Présentation du livre «*A King’s Heritage – The Memoirs*»

Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine also attended the fourth medical conference of the Serbian diaspora at the Hotel Metropol Palace of Belgrade.

Below is an article from Noblesse & Royautes about the event:
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/n...eme-conference-medicale-de-la-diaspora-serbe/

Last edited:
Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine have been in California recently, and today (June 20), they chaired a party in Beverly Hills to raise funds and support Serbian children who have autism. Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor, Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia and Catherine Oxenberg (the daughter of Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia) were also present.

Google Translate

Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine also attended Mass at an Orthodox Cathedral in St Steven, Alhambra:

Google Translate

:previous: Thanks for the updates, An Ard Ri. :flowers:

Yesterday (July 26th) Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine attended an event organized by the Lifeline Hellas Humanitarian Organization. The event took place at the Byzantine Museum in Athens, Greece:

Google Translate

On July 24th, Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine attended the funeral of Tijana Ognjanovic, who died whilst waiting for a heart transplant in Texas. The funeral took place in Belgrade:

Google Translate

On July 19th, Crown Princess Katherine visited the town of Nis. Whilst she was in Nis, she visited a nursery called "Pcelice" and the Radiology Clinical Center of the Nis Department. Crown Princess Katherine then opened the first center of local pallative care in Knez Selo:

Google Translate

The royal couple visited the Children's Oncology Unit "Marianna V. Vardinoyannis- ELPIDA"
-----

"Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia, accompanied by the Serbian Ambassador to Greece, HE Mr. Dragan Zupanjevac and his spouse Borjana, visited the Children's Oncology Unit "Marianna V. Vardinoyannis- ELPIDA" to sign a Memorandum of Understanding between the Serbian “Mother and Child Health Care Institute, Dr. Vukan Cupic" and the Children's Oncology Unit "Marianna V.Vardinoyannis-ELPIDA." -royal website

http://www.royalfamily.org/?243,en_...ncology-unit-marianna-v-vardinoyannis-elpida-

:previous:Thanks for the article, USCtrojan. :)

Yesterday (August 23) Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine attended an exhibition about the Karadjordjevic Dynasty, the dynasty in which they belong to, in Belgrade:

Google Translate

On August 21, Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine attended a mass in honour of Father Leopold Rochmes, who celebrates is 50th year of priesthood:

Google Translate

Yesterday (September 6), Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine hosted the official opening of "24 Hours of Elegance" in Belgrade. The 24 Hours of Elegance is an event which is three days long (ending on September 8). The CP couple's son, Hereditary Prince Peter of Yugoslavia and Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia were also in attendance.

Whilst he was at the opening, he made a speech:

"24 Hours of elegance is being held for the second time at the White Palace, and I am very proud of that. Sir Paul Judge, who represents the British – Serbian Chamber of Commerce, is with us this year, and that is very important for the development of business cooperation between our two countries. This is also a promotion of Belgrade and Serbia. I hope that this event will bring new business deals for our companies and companies from abroad. I wish all our dear guests to take with them fond memories from this event of business and elegance, and to come back to continue the cooperation with our business people for years to come".

More information can be found on the Serbian Royal Family's official website: Royal Couple host opening of

Back
Top Bottom