Vlad III, Prince of Walachia (1431-1476), "Vlad the Impaler"

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were actually three different bloodlines from Dracula to Countess Claudine through three of her four grandparents. You are only showing one of them.

Yes,I thought that one was just fine to show the lineage and didn't search for more...Thank you for this new information-I think those kind of things are interesting to know!

Too many people ignore the fact he was the Sovereign Prince of Wallachia.

Transylvania has always had a Romanian majority.

The Romanians and the ethnic minorities of Transylvania represent though a specific culture typical to Central Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Countess Claudine is ethnically considered pure Transylvanian. Since she is four generations from QEII that makes QEII 1/2^4 or 1/16 Transylvanian. While not a dominant part of the ethnic makeup of QEII it is larger percentage than her Irish, Scottish, French, Dutch, Danish, Belgian, Swedish, or Bohemian ancestry.

Being "Transylvanian" is not an ethnic designation. Many different ethnic groups considers Transylvania their home and none of them carries that name.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Vlad III, Prince of Walachia (1431-1476), "Vlad the Impaler"

Transylvania has always had a Romanian majority.

My point is that there isn't a one Transylvanian ethnicity. There are Romanian, Szcekely, Hungarian, Saxon, Roma, Jewish etc. Transylvanians. Different peoples, languages and religions that all inhabit the same land without one calling themselves Transylvanias separating them from their main ethnic and historical roots.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Vlad III remains one of the most popular Princes in the history of the country.

HRH the Prince of Wales is descendant of Vlad III of Wallachia.

The Prince of Wales is very popular in Transylvania, the land of some of his firefathets.

Back
Top Bottom