Royal Family of Romania current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
In the name of His Majesty King Michael I, Crown Princess Margareta and Prince Radu hosted on Wednesday at the Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest an official dinner on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the end of the Second World War. The event was attended by 60 Veterans of War and members of their families. Also princess Maria attended at the dinner.
Imagini de la sărbătorirea veteranilor de război _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
The Royal Family, 70th anniversary of the end of the Second World War _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania

The new website of the Royal Family was launched on Thursday evening at 22.00. Quite impressive website.
Familia Regală a României

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly the Romanians would expect to see more the King's grandson at the next days events :

Programul Familiei Regale cu ocazia sărbătorii de 10 Mai | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

He is seen about as much as last year at the celebrations. He has been just seen in many cities in Romania and on TV on many days. People have hardly seen Crown princess Margarita during the last months, she has worked in public events very little, prince Radu has been seen much more.

Last edited:
Prime minister Victor Ponta's greeting to the royal family due to May 10th
Ponta_ Transmit cele mai bune gânduri de respect și considerație față de Casa Regală – AGERPRES
Translation

Crown princess Margarita, prince Radu, prince Nicolae and princess Maria attended a flower laying ceremony to the statue of King Carol I today.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040011N1431259820955824
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040021N1431259820955824
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040031N1431259820955824
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010040041N1431259820955824
Video
Familia Regala la statuia lui Carol I Stiri - Prima TV
From the website of the royal family
Flori la statuia Regelui Carol, cu ocazia sărbătorii naționale de 10 Mai _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania

Crown princess Margarita, prince Radu, prince Nicolae and princess Maria at the Garden Party at the Elisabeta Palace today.
Video
Garden Party la Palatul Elisabeta

Last edited:
Photos from the Royal Marathon, where the start was given by Prince Radu, and upon arrival, the winners received their diplomas and medals from Crown Princess Margarita. Prince Nicolae run 10,5 kilometers run.
Maratonul Regal 2015 _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

In April, the Chamber of Deputies decided that May 10 should be national holiday, as it marks three historical moments: the beginning of Carol I rule, state independence and coronation of the first country’s king.
“This year is the first national holiday on May 10 since 1947. Romania took 67 years and 112 days to get back to celebrating May 10 as national holiday. The event brings together 6,000 guests from all the Romanian counties and from Republic of Moldova, among whom there are central and local politicians, academic, cultural, scientific and political personalities, civil society representatives and businessmen, representatives of the diplomatic corps and of the clergy,” reads a press release of King Mihai’ press bureau.
Royal celebrations in Bucharest on May 10 _ The Romania Journal

Last edited:
There seem to be quite a lot of people actually.

Al the televisions spoke about thousands. ..

A big gallery from 10th May now at the Royal Family website
Albumul complet al fotografiilor de la sărbătoarea națională de 10 Mai _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania

And a photo from princess Maria's Facebook:
Crown princess Margarita, prince Radu, prince Nicolae and princess Maria
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...345_482985001865239_3668639878185313284_o.jpg
Another from Maria's Facebook, the two sisters
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...785_482721981891541_2716177579086286745_o.jpg

Crown princess Margarita and princess Maria attended on Friday 10th July at the closing ceremony of the mastery course of the scholarship program Young Talents at the Small Hall of the Romanian Athenaeum.
Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation continues successfully Young Talents project to support young generation of artists and musicians. Mastery course dedicated to young musicians had the chance to be directed by Maestro Vasile Moldoveanu, Romanian tenor of international reputation, with admirable musical career on stage at the Metropolitan Opera House in New York and Covent Garden in London.
Tinerele talente, îndrumate de maestrul Vasile Moldoveanu _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

The Romanians are better in PR than the Casiraghis/Borromeos...

Last week the restoration work of the Micul Pavilion, located in the Royal Park in Săvârşin, was completed.
Crown princess Margarita followed closely the six weeks of work, particularly demanding exclusive use of natural materials: sand, wood, iron, stone, brick, lime. Crown princess Margarita and prince Radu inaugurated the restored Pavilion on 25th July, prince Nicolae attended too.
Micul Pavilion _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Interesting that the tiles, indeed with an Arab inscription, were offered by Princess Muna Al-Hussein (née Antoinette Gardiner), the mother of King Abdullah of Jordan.

Yes its very usual to not see the Queen very often . Is sad indeed but thirst is her health. I hope she is doing better.

The Queen is little bit frail regarding her health but it is a pity the royal couple does not live in Romania.

A lot of people lost any interest in what this couple is doing after what happened in August.

So Only the grandson of the last Austro-Hungarian Emperor will visit Sinaia..

Too many things in the name of a King that nobody sees anymore in Romania..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom