The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1261  
Old 04-21-2017, 07:25 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 150
There have been some significant developments in Romania of late. It has been announced that a judicial appeal is being prepared to challenge the legality of the Romanian Republic and have the 1923 Constitution recognised as the last legal (and therefore currently valid) constitution of the state. The authors of this appeal, the National Convention on Constitutional Monarchy, announced their intentions in a letter to HRH Crown Princess Margareta before Easter and have now made the letter public. In it, they ask for her to publicly clarify her position with regard to their move, justifying their request with the claim that it would squash accusations that the leading opponent of any restoration of the monarchy is the Crown Princess herself. What is more, she is asked and to consider restoring to her nephew Nicholas the rank of Prince of Romania, the style of HRH and his place in the line of succession.
Reports (in Romanian) can be found here.

Acțiune juridică fără precedent a monarhiștilor români: 'Nulitatea absolută a republicii' - Stiri pe surse - Cele mai noi stiri
(includes the text of the letter)

Repunerea legală în vigoare a Constituției din 1923

A demonstration is due to be held this Sunday on the 25th anniversary of the King's return to Romania.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1262  
Old 04-21-2017, 09:01 AM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malm, Sweden
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
There have been some significant developments in Romania of late. It has been announced that a judicial appeal is being prepared to challenge the legality of the Romanian Republic and have the 1923 Constitution recognised as the last legal (and therefore currently valid) constitution of the state. The authors of this appeal, the National Convention on Constitutional Monarchy, announced their intentions in a letter to HRH Crown Princess Margareta before Easter and have now made the letter public. In it, they ask for her to publicly clarify her position with regard to their move, justifying their request with the claim that it would squash accusations that the leading opponent of any restoration of the monarchy is the Crown Princess herself. What is more, she is asked and to consider restoring to her nephew Nicholas the rank of Prince of Romania, the style of HRH and his place in the line of succession.
Reports (in Romanian) can be found here.

Acțiune juridică fără precedent a monarhitilor români: 'Nulitatea absolută a republicii' - Stiri pe surse - Cele mai noi stiri
(includes the text of the letter)

Repunerea legală n vigoare a Constituției din 1923

A demonstration is due to be held this Sunday on the 25th anniversary of the King's return to Romania.


Although I'm sure the Royal family would like a restoration is it likely for CP Margarita to publicly announce it & go against the republican government on whose support her & her family's current position relies? Especially when the political situation in Romania is as volatile as it is at the moment?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1263  
Old 04-21-2017, 10:58 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Although I'm sure the Royal family would like a restoration is it likely for CP Margarita to publicly announce it & go against the republican government on whose support her & her family's current position relies? Especially when the political situation in Romania is as volatile as it is at the moment?
I limited myself to reporting the news in my previous post but my personal opinion is that it's not only quite (=very) presumptuous (especially for a bunch of monarchists) to make such requests to the Crown Princess but also strategically very questionable, given, as you rightly point out, the very volatile political situation in Romania, the Princess' clearly preferred approach of working with institutions rather than challenging their legitimacy and the fact that her Father, His Majesty the King, is still alive. I'd have thought they would better serve the long-term interests of the Royal Family (and the Royal cause) by not seeking any endorsement for their move.

As for the request concerning reinstating Prince Nicholas into the line of succession, they are basically asking her to overturn her Father's amendment to the succession to his face and when he is approaching the end of his days.
Reply With Quote
  #1264  
Old 04-21-2017, 11:26 AM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malm, Sweden
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
I limited myself to reporting the news in my previous post but my personal opinion is that it's not only quite (=very) presumptuous (especially for a bunch of monarchists) to make such requests to the Crown Princess but also strategically very questionable, given, as you rightly point out, the very volatile political situation in Romania, the Princess' clearly preferred approach of working with institutions rather than challenging their legitimacy and the fact that her Father, His Majesty the King, is still alive. I'd have thought they would better serve the long-term interests of the Royal Family (and the Royal cause) by not seeking any endorsement for their move.

As for the request concerning reinstating Prince Nicholas into the line of succession, they are basically asking her to overturn her Father's amendment to the succession to his face and when he is approaching the end of his days.


Sorry I didn't mean forcing an opinion out of you (especially since we've both seen the Romanian sub forums blow up ever so often) but apart from her father being alive I highly doubt CPM would even consider changing the succession once again. A succession that according to the old constitution that the monarchists propose to bring back is illegal anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #1265  
Old 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Sorry I didn't mean forcing an opinion out of you (especially since we've both seen the Romanian sub forums blow up ever so often) but apart from her father being alive I highly doubt CPM would even consider changing the succession once again. A succession that according to the old constitution that the monarchists propose to bring back is illegal anyway.
No worries - I'd understood that you weren't trying to force an opinion out of me :-)

I think once could conceive circumstances in which restoring Nicholas to the succession may happen (if it's proven that he's not the father of the baby and has settled down with a suitable potential consort, for example) but the idea of this pressure group sticking its nose into royal (and potentially state) matters is out of order as well as highly ironic when we remember the legitimist issue, as you say. Let's hope that it all ends well and doesn't turn out to be a stab in the back for the royal cause. If I were the Crown Princess, I'd either ignore it or issue a statement along the lines of "the family is ready to serve in whatever capacity the people want and in compliance with the constitution as defined by the democratic institutions of the state".
Reply With Quote
  #1266  
Old 04-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 6,472
The request is awkward because they want to have established that the current Constitution is illegal and so the Constitution of the last democratic state of Romania (the kingdom) should be in force. But at the same time they want Margarita to re-instate her nephew Nicholas Medforth-Mills as heir.

This shows a Trumpian lack of depth and preparation. After all: if the Constitution of the kingdom is in force again, Margarita was never a successor to begin with, not to mention the Swiss-born British son of her younger sister Elena. For the rest they "forgot" that King Michael is still alive and is the one in charge, according to the beforementioned Constitution.

Just another vaudeville not doing any good to the monarchist cause.
Reply With Quote
  #1267  
Old 04-24-2017, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The request is awkward because they want to have established that the current Constitution is illegal and so the Constitution of the last democratic state of Romania (the kingdom) should be in force. But at the same time they want Margarita to re-instate her nephew Nicholas Medforth-Mills as heir.

This shows a Trumpian lack of depth and preparation. After all: if the Constitution of the kingdom is in force again, Margarita was never a successor to begin with, not to mention the Swiss-born British son of her younger sister Elena. For the rest they "forgot" that King Michael is still alive and is the one in charge, according to the beforementioned Constitution.

Just another vaudeville not doing any good to the monarchist cause.
Absolutely!
As the saying goes, with friends like these who needs enemies?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monarchy and Restoration; Rival Families and Claimants aj00192557 The Imperial Family of Russia 964 03-26-2017 04:45 AM
Is the Morocco Monarchy in Trouble? tenngirl Royal Family of Morocco 33 04-26-2011 07:17 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best summer outfit 2016 birthday coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge fashion fashion poll feminism jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy myth new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament paris picture of the week poland state visit to norway prince charles princess charlene hats princess marie princess marie fashion princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia princess victorias daytime fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen silvia september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises