Restoration of the Monarchy in Romania

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Benjamin .
Is there a huge sympathy also for Margarita, Radu and the new heir Prince NIcholas?

HRH Prince Nicolae is not so known by many Romanians but he is more and more present in the events of the royal family.

The republican leader basescu recognizes the strenght of the royalist movement in nowadays Romania:

Televiziunea Român

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Margareta's and Nicolae control of the Romanian language be a barrier to restoration?

The Romanians would never accept somebody who does not speak perfectly Romanian!

But that's the reality!

I'm not so sure. Times are very different but the Greeks accepted a Dane who couldn't speak a word of Greek when he arrived! And Margarita at least speaks the language and can communicate in it. I wouldn't think it'd be too much of an issue. On the list of pro's and con's, I'd say it'd be pretty far down. If the Romanians decide they want a monarchy again, I think Margarita's linguistic skills would be a side issue.

When you speak about Monarchy the main remark is that the members of the Royal family (except HM King, partially Hm Queen , Crown Princess margareta and Prince Radu) do not speak the language.So it is one of the main issues!

A new poll in Bucharest shows that more than 50 % trust HM King Mihai I and the Royal family, 28 % are clearly in favour of the restoration of Monarchy and 41 % believe the proclamation of the republic in 1947 was an in illegal act:

Sondaj AVANGARDE: Regele Mihai – incredere de peste 50%; Ceausescu, mai bun decat Basescu; Maresalul Antonescu – condamnat pe nedrept. | Ghimpele

28% is pretty high! Sounds like the president's attacks on King Michael are only helping the King.

Out of curiosity, why would the president attack the king anyway? What purpose does it serve?

From the polls, I do not understand how ANYONE could have ANY admiration for Nicolae Ceaucescu- what a horrible monster. I couldn't tolerate Ion Antonescu either, although Ceaucescu certainly has a worse reputation these days.

Last edited:
When you speak about Monarchy the main remark is that the members of the Royal family (except HM King, partially Hm Queen , Crown Princess margareta and Prince Radu) do not speak the language.So it is one of the main issues!

There's no excuse for Prince Nicolae not to be learning Romanian. Especially if he's serious. I meant it wasn't a serious issue that Margarita doesnt speak Romanian very well.

The Crown Princess speak Romanian well but Prince Nicolae understands the language very well but speak only a little.

Prince Charles could finally become king... of ROMANIA

Prince Charles could finally become king... of ROMANIA, thanks to his ancestor Vlad the Impaler

European newspapers claim Charles could be anointed should monarchy be restored

Prince of Wales's ancestral links with Vlad the Impaler and King Michael cited as reasons

Charles is passionate about the country and owns a holiday home in picturesque town of Viscri

He is already the longest serving heir apparent in British history.
So if Prince Charles ever gets too bored of waiting to accede to the throne, then he might just be tempted to have himself crowned King Carol 111 instead.

Central European newspapers yesterday were alight with speculation that the Prince of Wales could be anointed the next King of Romania if the country’s monarchy is restored.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2065174/Prince-Charles-king--ROMANIA-revealing-related-Vlad-Impaler.html#ixzz1eYBw1umh

:previous:
This story first appeared three weeks ago. The Mail Online has been a bit slow in picking it up! :ermm:

Almost as bizarre as the idea of Prince Edward becoming King of Estonia.

If there is already a direct RF, no need for Charles. Charles doesn't even have anything to DO with Romania anyway other than some property he has purchased.

And Charles doesn't even speak Romanian! I guess that hasn't stopped importing royal families before, but in this day and age?

There is no need since there are no official royal families; second, is he getting bored with waiting around for the British Crown and wants to grub for the Romanian crown? What next, the Romanovs will be pushed to give up their position and hand headship over to the Windsors?

Romania has its own Royal Family so ...

For more than a week in all Romania people protrest against the republican leader basescu.Many of them are royalists and ask the return of the King.

Last edited:
Monday, 23rd of January, the royalist students from the University of Timisoara will organize a monarchist meeting in front of the statue of King Ferdinand I in Victory Square.

And what did they say in that statement?

So is there a real chance to restore back the monarchy?

In the last 12 days all the newspapers and televisions spoke about this subject because many persons who are protesting (especially in Bucharest, Timisoara, Cluj or Sibiu) against president basescu ask for the Restoration of Monarchy. The political situation is too confused to know what will really happen.

The Royal Family should take advantage of this protest and be making a lot of public appearances and being out with the people, this seems like a good chance to restore the Monarchy!

The Royal Family should take advantage of this protest and be making a lot of public appearances and being out with the people, this seems like a good chance to restore the Monarchy!

Agreed. King Michael really seems to be a class act in every respect, and every country on the planet should be thrilled to have him and his devotion to others. He seems to have zero personal ambition, though (which makes him even more of an appealing leader in a lot of respects).

I'd guess not having the monarchy restored (yet) was perhaps an issue of just not being in Romania and leading the charge when Ceaucescu fell, but come on, Your Majesty--you deserve some kind of official recognition for all you've done for your contry, and you should be doing more to get it.

Didn't Montenegro give its royal family some kind of official role (and salary) recently? Didn't Afghanistan give its former king an honorary title like "Father of the Country"? King Michael at the least deserves something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom