The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

The polls show only the trust in the King but not also in the Monarchy or in the members of the King's Family. The campaign for the Monarchy is getting really serios lately with ANRM (National Alliance for the Restoration of Monarchy)and there is a real project and a popular support of around 30%.

Zizi Lambrino's grandson has never been recognized by any Romanian Sovereign as member of the Royal Family.

There are indeed more and more young people that support Monarchy but there is no majority in favour of the Restoration yet.

After the decision of the tenth of August 2015 officially taken by the King the chances of the Restoration are almost vanished!

The only hope for King Michael's Family to regain public support was represented by the young Nicholas. Now...

There was a greater support for Monarchy in the last years because everybody saw the future in the young Nicholas.

The Restoration is possible but not with the descendants of the King.

For the moment all posibilities for a restoration of Monarchy vanished.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Majesty

And what about the Paul Hohenzollern or Prince Paul of Romania how is his name exactly? He is claim of the throne to the Romania also. Now what he is doing? What is the relationship with the King Mihai?

Old 05-27-2015, 01:13 AM
Majesty

Cory welcome back. Thank you who answer me. You are always very good inform for the romanian royals.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Interview of a young man, who was on four stages with prince Nicolae cycling for collecting money for children's books. He is asked about the possible restoration of the monarchy.
INTERVIU Radu George Urcan_ „Revenirea la monarhie este posibilă” _ ProAlba
Translation
Old 08-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Commoner

I'd be interested to see the polls as they stand now.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
There are indeed more and more young people that support Monarchy but there is no majority in favour of the Restoration yet.
One would have thought, with the growth of nationalism in Romania (indeed, other parts of Eastern Europe as well) that a restoration of the monarchy would be somewhat conceivable at this point.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
After the decision of the tenth of August 2015 officially taken by the King the chances of the Restoration are almost vanished!
I agree I think that they are the two graddaughters of the King and the Hohenzollerns but i don't know if they are interested for the Monarchy. Difficult situation . Lets hope the King take the right decision .
Old 08-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The Restoration is possible but not with the descendants of the King.
Cory, I know that according to the old constitution, the rightful heirs to the throne of Romania are the hohenzollerns. But they have less chance of restoring the throne than any descendant of the King. Nicholas was the only reasonable hope. Now he has been wiped out and so has any chance of restoration.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalotta View Post
I'd be interested to see the polls as they stand now.
I agree. I'm curious about what people think. No polls yet after a week?
We had a poll before three months that the King trusts 61% .
I wonder now
Old 08-14-2015, 03:43 AM
Majesty

The sister of Nicholas, Elisabeta Karina de Roumanie Medforth-Mills (heir according the "Michaelist" line of succession) should marry Prince Alexander, Hereditary Prince von Hohenzollern (heir according to the constitutional line of succession). They are of the same generation.

Thát is the only chance on new credibility and a future for the House of Romania.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:06 AM
Majesty

So all we need for the good of the monarchy in Romania is a good matchmaker .
Old 08-14-2015, 06:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
So all we need for the good of the monarchy in Romania is a good matchmaker .

A good match has saved both great dynasties and great empires before

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-14-2015, 06:28 AM
Majesty

So I figured correctly JR76 But when before 100 years?
Old 08-14-2015, 06:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The sister of Nicholas, Elisabeta Karina de Roumanie Medforth-Mills (heir according the "Michaelist" line of succession) should marry Prince Alexander, Hereditary Prince von Hohenzollern (heir according to the constitutional line of succession). They are of the same generation.

Thát is the only chance on new credibility and a future for the House of Romania.
Wouldn't that cause the same thing happen to Nicholas' sister?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

How very thoughtful of you to know if this was a good match without even knowning the persons...
Old 08-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Majesty

Of course I am speaking about possibilities and not about realities. But on itself a match with a successor from the "michaelist" line with a successor from the orginal line would do wonders for the credibility of the House of Romania which is in total shambles now.

It would also mean a match between the impoverished Romanians and the wealthy Hohenzollerns. It is nothing more than normal that persons think -beside love- about unions which benefit both. My parents will jump in the air when I come home with a lady with good prospects and good background rather than an lady I digged up somewhere from the street. The point I wanted to make is clear.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Royal Highness

Restoration of the Monarchy in Romania

The Romanians are hardly impoverished after the restitution.

Their exile has simply made them extremely frugal.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Majesty

Well I do not see why the "rich" Hohenzollerns to leave their castles and everything else anyway and have to come to "poor" romania to "play" kings
Old 08-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Majesty

They do not leave anything at all. They will extend their German estate with that of the Romanian domains when they merge or take over. And seeing the very good and modern management they have done for centuries, they seem more than capable to make the Romanian domains flourish. More than with owners with a half-hearted zest, not so overenthusiastically commited and little pro-active innovativeness concerning the management and rendement of the royal estates. Neither Margarita nor Radu are managers, while Karl Friedrich and Alexander have a business education and have been managing the many family enterprises since childhood.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Well I do not see why the "rich" Hohenzollerns to leave their castles and everything else anyway and have to come to "poor" romania to "play" kings
No need to place "rich" between marks. The Hohenzollerns from Sigmaringen are very rich.