The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #541  
Old 12-20-2014, 11:57 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 3,686
What could have said the new elected President to the ex-King ??
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #542  
Old 12-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSENYC View Post
King Michael, as terrific as he is, does seem to have been more passive than necessary re: a possible restoration.

When Romanians demonstrate in the streets in favor of monarchy, does he show up? No.

Did he play any role in 1989 or when subsequent constitutional debates have taken place? No.

Does he advocate for monarchy? No, other than saying, "if the people want me, I'll return," which is passive.

With that, how could anyone expect a restoration? The Hohenzollerns must have been more proactive in the 1800s when they originally got the throne. I've never gotten a new job without pushing hard for it, and the same applies to the job of King.

Had King Michael acted in such a way, it is unlikely that he would have been allowed to return to his country. The previous Romanian governments made it difficult enough for him to visit after the fall of Communism. The King and his family have been wise about how they have conducted themselves - the Romanian people would be responsible for restoring the monarchy if that is what was truly desired.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________

__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 12-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
I agree with the assessment that King Mihai is passive in the royalist cause. It is mainly thanks to unstoppable efforts of Princess Margarita and her spouse that the Royal House has not sunk away in obscurity.
Reply With Quote
  #544  
Old 12-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Had King Michael acted in such a way, it is unlikely that he would have been allowed to return to his country. The previous Romanian governments made it difficult enough for him to visit after the fall of Communism. The King and his family have been wise about how they have conducted themselves - the Romanian people would be responsible for restoring the monarchy if that is what was truly desired.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Pre-1997 or whenever (when the government forbade them from returning), sure, it was good to be silent. But the King should (1) be more present in the country- at least spend most all of the time there, rather than only a few months a year, (2) be more present at public events and (3) have others who advocate for restoration if he isn't willing to do it himself.


If I lost my job and people were demonstrating in the streets for me to get it back, I'd sure be at those demonstrations!

He should also treat the Royal Family's activities like a political campaign. If he wants to be restored, he needs to have a game plan, advisors and a pathway to doing so, just like politicians have.

King Michael is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful person and as his actions while he was King show, he's not a wimp. He could do more, and given polls showing how popular he is, he has a huge amount of goodwill among the people that would help him accomplish what we all want.
Reply With Quote
  #545  
Old 12-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 148
Please remember HM is 93 and somewhat frail and the Queen isn't well. Margarita and Nicholas are doing a good job of being publicly active.
Reply With Quote
  #546  
Old 12-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
The new generations are not so popular as the King.
Reply With Quote
  #547  
Old 12-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Walachia, United States
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The position of the Royal Family regarding the issue of the Restoration convinced many royalists it's useless to ask for Monarchy.
The position is as fair as it can be. They are very wise that they are not pushing on this matter, otherwise the monarchy it will look like an impose one (almost like the republic was imposed by Russians at the end of WW2)
But the Royal Family is very active on charity, diplomatic events etc. Those are more visible than any propaganda
The moment all romanian royalist is waiting is near.


Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 12-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianRoyality View Post
The position is as fair as it can be. They are very wise that they are not pushing on this matter, otherwise the monarchy it will look like an impose one (almost like the republic was imposed by Russians at the end of WW2)
But the Royal Family is very active on charity, diplomatic events etc. Those are more visible than any propaganda
The moment all romanian royalist is waiting is near.


Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
How do you know is near?
Reply With Quote
  #549  
Old 12-26-2014, 03:17 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Walachia, United States
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
How do you know is near?
I don't. I just feel it based on some logical arguments.
1.In Romanian Constitution it is written that the president should be non political (neutral) and a referee between parties and institutions. But he was not. We are a semipresidential republic meaning we have a president and a prime minister who run the executive power. President is elected by electors and the prime minister is invested by president from the party or coalition who has the majority in Parliament. After the president is elected he lose the party membership and should remains neutral
But all the presidents after 1989 acted like party presidents not like nation presidents. They always promoted the party who supported them in election to accede the power and run the executive power and meantime using all the ways and influence to break the Parliament majority and create a new majority for the party which actual president was the member before. From this point of view always in Romania was a political war stage and people had enough. They want stability. This war had negative impact also in economy and other areas
2. All presidents have a view as corrupted people. Because all of them has used the influence to make their families or their election sponsors to accumulate wealth
Monarchy have grew in all these last 25 years from an under 10% to over 30% because many and many is seeing monarchy as the alternative of stopping all above and not only. And please take into account that all this grow was made in conditions that monarchy does not have any support from the mass media. Each new president and all the actions and corruption he brings diminished the support for actual republic format and grew support for monarchy as alternative.
This is why I say monarchy is near
Merry Christmas to you all

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #550  
Old 12-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianRoyality View Post
I don't. I just feel it based on some logical arguments.
1.In Romanian Constitution it is written that the president should be non political (neutral) and a referee between parties and institutions. But he was not. We are a semipresidential republic meaning we have a president and a prime minister who run the executive power. President is elected by electors and the prime minister is invested by president from the party or coalition who has the majority in Parliament. After the president is elected he lose the party membership and should remains neutral
But all the presidents after 1989 acted like party presidents not like nation presidents. They always promoted the party who supported them in election to accede the power and run the executive power and meantime using all the ways and influence to break the Parliament majority and create a new majority for the party which actual president was the member before. From this point of view always in Romania was a political war stage and people had enough. They want stability. This war had negative impact also in economy and other areas
2. All presidents have a view as corrupted people. Because all of them has used the influence to make their families or their election sponsors to accumulate wealth
Monarchy have grew in all these last 25 years from an under 10% to over 30% because many and many is seeing monarchy as the alternative of stopping all above and not only. And please take into account that all this grow was made in conditions that monarchy does not have any support from the mass media. Each new president and all the actions and corruption he brings diminished the support for actual republic format and grew support for monarchy as alternative.
This is why I say monarchy is near
Merry Christmas to you all

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The new president is very popular while the support from Monarchy seems to be around 20%.
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 12-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Walachia, United States
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
The new president is very popular while the support from Monarchy seems to be around 20%.
Yes indeed. But always was like that. The popularity of new president was very high because the expectations are very high. The people hopes that new one will repair what old one has broken
Always was like that. And this is the reason of the popularity
But in the next 6 months this new one will start to broke also(all the predecessors did the same).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 12-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 5,920
Is nothing new. Look at Obama. Or look at my country: Franšois Hollande is the most impopular president ever, yet the majority has chosen him once...
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 12-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
Don't you think that once they, presidents, get in that seat of power and have a taste of that, then they forget who put them there and forget what is expected of them. This seems to be the way of presidents elected, yet with a monarchy ie. QE11 of England, she has never forgotten her position in life and has worked very hard for the people. I think that this would be the case in Romania as they, the royal family, has continued to work for the people.
I am very disgusted with my government, be they republican or democrat for they are all doing the same thing, blaming each other for the same problems that they themselves have created.
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 12-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Walachia, United States
Posts: 21
True.
The royal family works for the nation. Presidents works mainly for the sponsors from campaign

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 12-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
How will be the popularity of the King's Family when he won't be in this world anymore?
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 12-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
How will be the popularity of the King's Family when he won't be in this world anymore?
From an outsider's perspective, Crown Princess Margarita is beautiful and makes a very good impression. So does Prince Nicholas; he seems like Romania's version of Princes Harry and William. I'd happily have either of them as my Queen or King, if I were Romanian.

The rest of the younger generations of the Royal Family don't seem to have shown much interest in restoration or Romania.
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 12-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Walachia, United States
Posts: 21
Princess Margareta is no. 2 in succession. Prince Nicolae (which is his Romanian name) is the third. That is why they are in the light of cameras
According with royal Romanian Constitution from 1923 only male can reign. King Mihai internally has changed the rule and nominated Margareta as the second in succession. Also he asked the Parliament in case of restauration to modify the Constitition to allows also female to reign
BTW Princess Margareta looks amazing at her 65 years. You may say is 20 years younger

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 12-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
Certainly Nicolae de Roumanie is much more popular than other new generation members of the Royal Family. Princess Margareta is very respected but her husband is not accepted by some royalists.
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 01-19-2015, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kingdom, Heard and McDonald Islands
Posts: 4,061
A journalist from the well known neswpaper "Adevarul" considers the Royal Family won the Peles Castle but lost Romania:

Casa Regal─ƒ a c├ó┼Ÿtigat Pele┼Ÿul, dar a pierdut Rom├ónia | Daniel Gorgonaru | adevarul.ro
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 01-20-2015, 03:48 AM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
A journalist from the well known neswpaper "Adevarul" considers the Royal Family won the Peles Castle but lost Romania:

Casa Regal─ƒ a c├ó┼Ÿtigat Pele┼Ÿul, dar a pierdut Rom├ónia | Daniel Gorgonaru | adevarul.ro
Thank you for the link.

It is worth mention that columnist Daniel Gorgonaru, author of said piece, has only worked at Adevărul since November 2014. Before this, he was the editor-in-chief of tabloid Libertatea. Gorgonaru saves mention of Peleş until the second to last sentence in his "article," and there he criticizes King Michael for the fact that the Romanian government chose to return to His Majesty the personal property that was stolen from him by the Communists after they forced him to abdicate at gunpoint and then exiled him from his country--an absolutely absurd line of reasoning.

Further, the comments section does reflect that many readers seem to recognize the clearly anti-monarchist agenda of Daniel Gorgonaru and are not in agreement with his statements.
__________________

__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monarchy and Restoration; Rival Families and Claimants aj00192557 The Imperial Family of Russia 955 08-03-2015 03:49 PM
Is the Morocco Monarchy in Trouble? tenngirl Royal Family of Morocco 33 04-26-2011 08:17 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit june 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece harald kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander may 2016 member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stÚphanie's fashion & style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion royal visits september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark state visit to france succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises