Restoration of the Monarchy in Romania

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Karl is almost unknown to the majority of the Romanians even if theoreticallly he would be the Heir according to the Constitution of 1923. The King's grandson is more and more popular and lives in the country.

I've been reading your comments for quite a while now, Cory, and it seems to me that you're a bit more optimistic about the future of the Romanian monarchy in the hands of Prince Nicolae than before?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Much more optimistic because the King's grandson is accepted by everybody and he was not involved in any kind of controversy. He is surely the only hope for the restoration in the King's Family.

Much more optimistic because the King's grandson is accepted by everybody and he was not involved in any kind of controversy. He is surely the only hope for the restoration in the King's Family.

I gather you don't have that much for Crown-princess Margarita and Prince Radu? If so is that a personal sentiment or one you feel is shared by the general population?

Princess Margareta has done a lot for the country after 1990 with her Foundation but many people can't forget the moment her husband wanted to become president of the republic. When there are critics in the newspapers regarding the King's Family they are usually about Princess Margareta's husband. The King's grandson is highly popular and the people see in him the continuity of the Family.

Last edited:
Princess Margareta has done a lot for the country after 1990 with her Foundation but many people can't forget the moment her husband wanted to become president of the republic. When there are critics in the newspapers regarding the King's Family they are usually about Princess Margareta's husband. The King's grandson is highly popular and the people see in him the continuity of the Family.

So you think she in her own right could've been more popular if she wasn't married to Radu?

It is difficult to say. She was helped a lot by her husband to organize the Royal Household and but what really matters is how her marriage and her husband's influence are perceived by the people.

:):) 61% That is very optimist for the restoration soon

Having trust in someone is not the same as being in favour of a monarchy. It can not be translated like that. I have trust in the French Premier Ministre M Manuel Valls. However I would never vote for him or his party... I think that is the best way to explain.

I trust him but i don't voted him? And who voted then? I just can't understand this.

I trust him but i don't voted him? And who voted then? I just can't understand this.

It is not that difficult. Similar example:

Someone whom did not vote for Mrs Merkel because he did not like her CDU but voted for the Liberal FDP, to say something, still can have trust in Mrs Merkel as Federal Chancellor, working for Germany, even he would not even think about voting for her.

With other words: having trust in someone is not the same as saying: "Okay, that vote is in the pocket!" Having trust in former King Michael only says that you have no distrust in that man, and that is already something to be happy about. In essence that is all.

Absolutely not agree but okey has one sense what you say but not all cases similar. Anyway 61% is the very hopeful message for the monarchy to romania.

It's definitely a very good score for the king; i'm sure there are several deposed royal families who'd like to have a trust/confidence score like that in their (former) country...
However, as i understand it (via google translate) it was a poll about the trust in various public figures in Romania and the current President of the country scored 76% so from these figures alone you'd not expect immediate need of restoration of the monarchy in the country...

But a good score for the king (only the President scored higher in the poll), and something he and his family can build on in years to come..

Exactly, Lee Z. that is what I tried to say. Having a trust in someone is not the same as intending to vote for him or for her. As you showed the trust in President Ioannis is bigger than the trust in former King Michael.

Exactly, Lee Z. that is what I tried to say. Having a trust in someone is not the same as intending to vote for him or for her. As you showed the trust in President Ioannis is bigger than the trust in former King Michael.

Well, voting is a different matter, but this wasn't about the question "who would you vote for in a political election", maybe the results would have been different then...
(for the record: I trust King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands as a King, but I'd never ever vote for him if he was up in a political election; as there are politicians in my country (NL) that I trust a lot better on a political level)

But I do agree with Eya that it *is* a good result for the King that he is trusted in Romania; like I said, I'm sure there are several deposed Kings (or Royal Families) still around who would like a vote of trust of 61% in their former country.
He certainly must be doing something right, right? :flowers:

The point is, IMO, that the fact that King Michael is trusted by 61% of the Romanians has limited relevance with regards to the possibility of a restoration of the Monarchy.
As far as I have understood in the last years, there isn't any real project of restoring the monarchy currently; if and when a restoration will take place, most likely King Michael - given his old age - won't have a relevant part in it.
It won't be the trust in King Michael that will help the cause of the restoration in Romania, but the trust that Romanians will have in his successors.

The polls show only the trust in the King but not also in the Monarchy or in the members of the King's Family. The campaign for the Monarchy is getting really serios lately with ANRM (National Alliance for the Restoration of Monarchy)and there is a real project and a popular support of around 30%.

Zizi Lambrino's grandson has never been recognized by any Romanian Sovereign as member of the Royal Family.

There are indeed more and more young people that support Monarchy but there is no majority in favour of the Restoration yet.

After the decision of the tenth of August 2015 officially taken by the King the chances of the Restoration are almost vanished!

The only hope for King Michael's Family to regain public support was represented by the young Nicholas. Now...

There was a greater support for Monarchy in the last years because everybody saw the future in the young Nicholas.

The Restoration is possible but not with the descendants of the King.

For the moment all posibilities for a restoration of Monarchy vanished.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what about the Paul Hohenzollern or Prince Paul of Romania how is his name exactly? He is claim of the throne to the Romania also. Now what he is doing? What is the relationship with the King Mihai?

Cory welcome back. Thank you who answer me. You are always very good inform for the romanian royals.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see the polls as they stand now.

There are indeed more and more young people that support Monarchy but there is no majority in favour of the Restoration yet.

One would have thought, with the growth of nationalism in Romania (indeed, other parts of Eastern Europe as well) that a restoration of the monarchy would be somewhat conceivable at this point.

After the decision of the tenth of August 2015 officially taken by the King the chances of the Restoration are almost vanished!

I agree :sad: I think that they are the two graddaughters of the King and the Hohenzollerns but i don't know if they are interested for the Monarchy. Difficult situation . Lets hope the King take the right decision .

Last edited:
The Restoration is possible but not with the descendants of the King.

Cory, I know that according to the old constitution, the rightful heirs to the throne of Romania are the hohenzollerns. But they have less chance of restoring the throne than any descendant of the King. Nicholas was the only reasonable hope. Now he has been wiped out and so has any chance of restoration.

I'd be interested to see the polls as they stand now.

I agree. I'm curious about what people think. No polls yet after a week?
We had a poll before three months that the King trusts 61% .
I wonder now:ermm:

The sister of Nicholas, Elisabeta Karina de Roumanie Medforth-Mills (heir according the "Michaelist" line of succession) should marry Prince Alexander, Hereditary Prince von Hohenzollern (heir according to the constitutional line of succession). They are of the same generation.

Thát is the only chance on new credibility and a future for the House of Romania.

So all we need for the good of the monarchy in Romania is a good matchmaker .:whistling:

So all we need for the good of the monarchy in Romania is a good matchmaker .:whistling:

A good match has saved both great dynasties and great empires before

:previous: So I figured correctly JR76 :) But when before 100 years?

Last edited:
The sister of Nicholas, Elisabeta Karina de Roumanie Medforth-Mills (heir according the "Michaelist" line of succession) should marry Prince Alexander, Hereditary Prince von Hohenzollern (heir according to the constitutional line of succession). They are of the same generation.

Thát is the only chance on new credibility and a future for the House of Romania.

Wouldn't that cause the same thing happen to Nicholas' sister?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom