The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > The Royal Family of Romania

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:24 AM
monarhiero's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 28
Artemisia, the support for the monarchy in Romania is quite large and if a referendum would be held this year, there would actually be a good possibility of a restoration.

However, except for some hollow statements from opposition parties, there is no strong movement from the big political parties. There is PNTCD, a small monarchist party, but there is so much infighting and inefficiency that I doubt they will be able to do anything. They aren't even trying to take advantage of the current political atmosphere.

Furthermore, although there is widespread support for the monarchy, only a handful of royalists are actually out there protesting for a referendum, with the majority of Romanians that support the monarchy being largely apathetic.

We have no organised association as the Serbians have for the restoration of the monarchy. So at the moment, it is just some small disorganised groups of royalists in various cities making noise, but nothing conrete coming out of it.

So although there is a great support for the restoration, ironically enough there is a very low chance a referendum will take place. I don't think the restoration of the monarchy will take place in the near future. But maybe Cory knows something I don't...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425

Thank you for detailed and informative post, I appreciate it.
No political party will risk alienating part of its electorate by actively promoting restoration. It is true in Serbia, and appears to be true in Romania.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 2,768
If the liberals will not support openly the Monarchy they will lose the votes of many royalists.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 03-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
If the polls speak about 42 % of the population supporting the King things are very clear.
42% support him, as opposed to what? Is the remaining 58% against the King? I'm not understanding the question that was asked for the polls. If the question is, "who would you like as Head of State", and King Michael gets 42%, while maybe 10 others share the remaining 58%, that's good; but if the question is "do you approve or disapprove of King Michael", and only 42% approve and 58% disapprove, it's not good.

Either way, King Michael needs to become more active in getting the monarchy restored. Unless you're the heir to an existing monarchy, nobody is just handed a throne.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 03-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cluj, Romania
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSENYC View Post
I'm not understanding the question that was asked for the polls. If the question is, "who would you like as Head of State", and King Michael gets 42%, while maybe 10 others share the remaining 58%, that's good; but if the question is "do you approve or disapprove of King Michael", and only 42% approve and 58% disapprove, it's not good.
It was asked, most probably, "which public person, or personality do you trust the most?". The king got 42%, the first was the governor of the national bank with 48% of trust from the people. It was a top of the romanian personalities who inspire credibility to the people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 03-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 2,768
HM King Mihai I is too old to lead a campaign for the restoration of Monarchy. The campaign must be leaded by other persons.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cluj, Romania
Posts: 35
HRH Princess Margareta could be that person, to lead, or at least to guide this sort of campaign, anyway this is the kind of job that one cannot acomplish by him/herself. Without a media support, without the support of the intellectuals, of the leaders of oppinion, historicals, one cannot change so drastically the oppinion of an important part of the society (unfortunately).
I think it would be a great idea if some tv channel could be created, I heard that in UK there's such channel, with tv programmes about the monarchy. That would be interesting for us too, but who could do the job? There are indeed some monarchists among the journalists, but I don't know how they could gather and elaborate such a project, who could take the initiative in this...
Beginning from this year, HRH Prince Nicholas will be finishing his studies in London and most probably will be settling in Romania, to join and help the rest of the royal family in their activities (public or not). He will most probably learn the language well and I think the people will like him. He could be the one to help the Crown-Princess.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 2,768
The Crown Princess is helped in her activities by Prince Radu and the possible arrival of Prince Nicholas woud help a lot.
Many intellectuals/historians are in favour of Monarchy and declare this openly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 03-06-2012, 09:49 AM
monarhiero's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 28
Guys, the problem is not support from the people, media, intellectuals, etc. That exists. The problem is there is no large public movement for the restoration. An association must be formed that will begin organized campaigns, such as billboard and TV adverts, that support the restoration. It must become a national fervor that can be done only by widespread,grand campaigns and publicity. At the moment, all we have is a handful of royalists in Timisoara and Bucuresti that are protesting without being noticed. Nothing will happen that way.

I agree though that way forward is for Prince Nicholas to settle in Romania and place himself under the spotlight. That will definitely boost the monarchy's chances.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by monarhiero View Post
Guys, the problem is not support from the people, media, intellectuals, etc. That exists. The problem is there is no large public movement for the restoration. An association must be formed that will begin organized campaigns, such as billboard and TV adverts, that support the restoration. It must become a national fervor that can be done only by widespread,grand campaigns and publicity. At the moment, all we have is a handful of royalists in Timisoara and Bucuresti that are protesting without being noticed. Nothing will happen that way.

I agree though that way forward is for Prince Nicholas to settle in Romania and place himself under the spotlight. That will definitely boost the monarchy's chances.
I totally agree with you!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
I would just like to thank our Romanian members for clarifying the situation in Romania and the attitude of its people towards the possibility of restoration.
It is a lot clearer now, at least for me.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 2,768
Romanian royalists on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...0643149323636/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 03-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hove, United Kingdom
Posts: 147
Romanian Monarchy Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I totally agree with you!
Could you please clarify for me the exact official status and position of The Romanian Royal Family now in Romania?
Im very interested in their status compared to the situations in Albania and Montenegro, where the Royal Families have official acknowledgement and diplomatic status, some property restitution, salary and pension allowance, and official honoury status.
How does the legal and official position of The Romanian Royal Family and HM King Michael compare to these?
Also now King Michael has removed The Hohenzollern name and titles from The Romanian Royal Family, what is the new or correct Family/Dynasty surname of Romania's Royal Family?
Thank you!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 2,768
The official Surname is :"Of Romania".
HM King Michael I receives a sort of pension from the State but the bills for Elisabeta Palace are paid by the Royal Family.
Theoretically many parts of the personal properties of HM King was given back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 03-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 2,768
Today the president went to the Parliament and tried to deliver a speech but was interrupted by a group who asked for his resignation and who shouted the name of the King :

Manifeste anti B
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 03-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hove, United Kingdom
Posts: 147
King Michael in Royal News Tributes

The UK based Royalty and Majesty Magazines have both had articles and special features in recent issues on HM King Michael's 90th Birthday celebrations, his background and life, and his speech in Parliament.
Interesting features and tribute to his life and history of his reign.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 03-07-2012, 04:27 PM
monarhiero's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 28
What happened today in Parliament.... excellent!! That's exactly the type of national publicity the movement needs! People need to see that the restoration isn't just a wanted yet far-fetched idea, but that there are actually people out there doing something about it and the idea is still alive and real.

This national publicity is well-timed to re-spark the monarchy debate among normal people. Let's hope the media will entertain it further!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 03-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hove, United Kingdom
Posts: 147
Parliament incident.

Yes, i agree its up-lifting and hopeful when pro-active (but legal and not counter-productive) events like this and other types of public demo activities happen and take place in support of Monarchy and the Royal family.
Especially if the action gets media or public attention.
I only wish i could read more detail of this event on-line in any English language News site?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 188
If neither King Michael nor his family is going to devote time to getting the monarchy restored, and if there isn't another principal leader who's devoted to making restoration happen, then it won't. Changing a country's system of government is a major change; it won't just happen because people like the King or even if a majority want it. There needs to be a large campaign, with plenty of funding and plenty of support by influential people in Romania.

In the US, it would take a Constitutional amendment, which would take years of work and the approval of multiple legislatures, for example.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 03-08-2012, 03:12 AM
monarhiero's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Posts: 28
Well said! Hope someone in the Royal Family are reading our posts...

@Ruhije: this is the only one I could find in English: Basescu says ruling coalition needs to make public sector salaries
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monarchy and Restoration; Rival Families and Claimants aj00192557 The Imperial Family of Russia 954 08-26-2014 05:28 AM
Is the Morocco Monarchy in Trouble? tenngirl Royal Family of Morocco 33 04-26-2011 07:17 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]