Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA testing will resolve the issue once and for all as I've said earlier. It sounds like the mother has a lot of anger towards the father of her child by the comments that she's posted.

Unless Nicholas was fairly certain that the baby was his or there was a high probability that he was the father, why would he come back to Romania to get a paternity test. Couldn't a paternity test be done anywhere in the world.

[...] Couldn't a paternity test be done anywhere in the world.

A serious paternity test needs to be done according international protocol. The best is that qualified staff takes DNA according strictest guidelines, sends it to a special laboratorium qualified for this sort of investigations. The best is when the mother and the alleged father follow exact the same procedure at the same lab, to avoid any chance on discussion.

IMO the DNA test is somehow a faux problème. I mean, as long as Miss Cirjan doesn't name the father of her daughter and the father (whoever he is) doesn't deny that he is the father of the baby, then I can't see why anyone should undertake the DNA test.

IMO the DNA test is somehow a faux problème. I mean, as long as Miss Cirjan doesn't name the father of her daughter and the father (whoever he is) doesn't deny that he is the father of the baby, then I can't see why anyone should undertake the DNA test.

I completely agree - a child has been born, the mother has not named the father, a person named/suggested/rumoured by the press to be the father has said nothing. A DNA test doesn't come into this at all!

This whole thing is a cloud over Nicholas and his family. Even if the accuser is some anonymous source it is still being treated as fact by the media. A paternity test confirms it one way or another.

This is a blog from Nicoleta about riding with Nicholas at bikefest on May 31st which is where the pictures showing them together [as teammates] come from. It sounds as if it is the first time they met. She said in her blog that she gave birth early and that she was due February 24th. It is not an exact science but her conception date was May 21st. In another blog she said she believed the child to be from a fling she had after the break-up of a long term relationship. If he was the fling, i'd get a paternity test. If he was never with her, he definitely needs a test.

Cu Nicolae al României la concurs de MTB – Rocket Bikefest | MaiNoi

Last edited:
It's a difficult situation to have an opinion on, really.

If I were Nicholas, I would want to know, primarily for myself but also for my family.

The fact that he is a grandson of the King makes the importance of the family knowing one way or the other even greater. If it is proven that he's not the father, I wonder if that could have any incidence on his "removal" last year from the public royal family. If he is proven to be the father, at least all concerned could move on.

Poor King Michael: the prospect of being plagued by yet another bloodline of "non-royal" relatives can't be easy to live with.

[...] If he was the fling, i'd get a paternity test. If he was never with her, he definitely needs a test.

Cu Nicolae al României la concurs de MTB – Rocket Bikefest | MaiNoi

But no one stepped forward to point the finger to Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills, a private person and no longer a member of the Royal House of Romania, to claim he is the father. So it is weird to have a paternity test as there is no paternity question on the table at all... As long as there is no claim, I fail to see what Nicholas should do at all.

But no one stepped forward to point the finger to Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills

The claim was made to the media [24Flux] just anonymously. That is why we know about it. The out of wedlock child was given as the reason for him being stripped of his titles, etc. So whether it is true or not could have much effect. They seemed to be a palace source based on all information given. 24Flux has stood by their source and others have jumped on the bandwagon as if it is a fact.

Last edited:
Imagine I step to you and demand a DNA-test, not because you have done anything but just because of media rumours. Should Prince Harry claim a DNA test because the colour of his hair is so different from his father? As long as no one steps forward to claim anything, Harry will and can do nothing. The same with Nicholas.

If there was a relationship, I think a paternity test would be expected. :whistling:

If I was her, and there was no relationship, I would also agree to one to stop the media from publishing pictures of my kid from my blog. :bang:

Imagine I step to you and demand a DNA-test, not because you have done anything but just because of media rumours. Should Prince Harry claim a DNA test because the colour of his hair is so different from his father? As long as no one steps forward to claim anything, Harry will and can do nothing. The same with Nicholas.

If Harry doubted his paternity it's his right to ask for a paternity test. Likewise, if Charles doubted Harry's paternity he could do the same. Theoretically, James Hewitt could ask for one as well - although, as the child (and not the parent) in those scenarios I doubt Harry would have to consent to a test. Delphine Boel wanted to confirm her paternity and asked for a test. I believe the mothers of Albert of Monaco's two illegitimate children both demanded paternity tests to prove that Albert was the father of their children. It happens.

If Nicholas wants to know if he's the father of this child he could ask for a paternity test. If Nicholas were to deny it and the mother wanted to prove it (to ensure that Nicholas is financially responsible for the child), then she could also demand one, and it would be up to the courts to decide if he has to provide a DNA sample.

At the same time though... If the mother doesn't want Nicholas involved, she doesn't have to ask for one. And if Nicholas also doesn't want to be involved, he doesn't have to press the issue. Or if he believes that he is the father of the child he might not ask for proof.

It's really not as simple as "they're unmarried and there's a baby, a DNA test must happen!"

This is not just about rumours but succession was said to have been changed based on this. If an anonymous source tells the dailyfail that Harry was Hewitts so what especially since the Spencers have the red gene and there is evidence Hewitt was after Harry. If Harry had been stripped of succession and titles and it was then reported and accepted that was why then he should test to disprove it too.

If this was just about rumours that nobody believed, then a test would not be an issue. This allegedly is the reason for succession changes.

If nothing does happen then like past rumours this might also not be true and not the reason for succession changes. Then along comes the next rumour.

This is not just about rumours but succession was said to have been changed based on this. If an anonymous source tells the dailyfail that Harry was Hewitts so what especially since the Spencers have the red gene and there is evidence Hewitt was after Harry. If Harry had been stripped of succession and titles and it was then reported and accepted that was why then he should test to disprove it too.

If this was just about rumours that nobody believed, then a test would not be an issue. This allegedly is the reason for succession changes.

If nothing does happen then like past rumours this might also not be true and not the reason for succession changes. Then along comes the next rumour.

But there is no monarchy, there is no "succession": in essence it are all private affairs. The basic ingredient for a DNA-test is missing, namely someone claiming: "Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills is the father of my baby!" and as long as Mr Nicholas Medforth Mills himself does not claim: "That child is mine!" there is little ground for any test whatsoever...

[...]

At the same time though... If the mother doesn't want Nicholas involved, she doesn't have to ask for one. And if Nicholas also doesn't want to be involved, he doesn't have to press the issue. Or if he believes that he is the father of the child he might not ask for proof.

That is the key point here. No one has claimed anything. A media rumour is not the same as a clear public statement saying: "I had a relationship with Mr Nicholas Medforth-Mills, at that time Prince Nicolae of Romania, and this his our baby" and then Nicholas can deny the whole matter or accept it but also reject legal acknowledgement.

We also do not know the legal situation in Romania. In France, for an example, paternity tests can only be done under a court order, with the explicit consent of the mother and under a strict supervision by the State. In Sweden, for instance, paternity tests were legalized only in 2003 after a 55 year long battle between a man and the judicial system in Sweden.

A certain Mr Ragnar Johansson fought from 1948 to 2003 (!) to prove that he is NOT the father of the girl for which he paid child support. He did not get anything back from the money he was forced to pay to his wife. But Sweden (and Norway) changed their law after this.

If Mr Medforth Mills still works for Curtea Veche Publishing House it could mean his Romania chapter is not finished. Interesting how he will continu his relationship with Romania and with Elisabeta Palace in the near future.

Very interesting interview of Mr Medforth Mills in "Evenimentul zilei".

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.evz.ro/un-interviu-eveniment-al-jurnalistului-ion-cristoiu-cu-principele-nicolae-nu-a-existat-niciodata-o-discutie-intre-mine-si-rege-pe-aceasta-tema-inainte-de-a-ma-exclude-din-succesiune-si-de-a-mi-revoca-titlul.html

In an interview given, Nicholas Medforth-Mills sheds some light on the situation of last August. In his answers, he is making it clear that he was unaware of the decisions being taken to revoke his title and place in the line of succession, and it seems equally obvious that he still holds great affection for Romania. He also makes it clear that last years events had an emotional impact on him, and it's a refreshingly honest interview. He continues to make it clear that the swirl of rumours that have surrounded his removal from the Royal House are unfair and unfounded, without giving any added energy to these contentious issues.

In short, a very good and interesting interview given, by a man who I very much hope will still be a part of the future of Romanian public life.

http://www.evz.ro/un-interviu-eveniment-al-jurnalistului-ion-cristoiu-cu-principele-nicolae-nu-a-existat-niciodata-o-discutie-intre-mine-si-rege-pe-aceasta-tema-inainte-de-a-ma-exclude-din-succesiune-si-de-a-mi-revoca-titlul.html

In an interview given, Nicholas Medforth-Mills sheds some light on the situation of last August. In his answers, he is making it clear that he was unaware of the decisions being taken to revoke his title and place in the line of succession, and it seems equally obvious that he still holds great affection for Romania. He also makes it clear that last years events had an emotional impact on him, and it's a refreshingly honest interview. He continues to make it clear that the swirl of rumours that have surrounded his removal from the Royal House are unfair and unfounded, without giving any added energy to these contentious issues.

In short, a very good and interesting interview given, by a man who I very much hope will still be a part of the future of Romanian public life.

While using a translator, it tells me that Nicholas says at the interview that he wasn't allowed to meet king Michael when he travelled to Switzerland in the beginning of the year to meet his grandfather...

Nicholas says that he has always endeavored to assume the title and responsibilities that came with it and he wanted constantly to initiate and promote actions beneficial for Romania and especially for his generation. Of course there is a possibility that some of his initiatives have not necessarily been consistent with expectations, but as long as there was no clear opinion on what was fair or less fair, he can't name more things on this aspect. On Nicholas's birthday in April his aunt crown princess Margareta said many nice words to him, those words seemed not to exist in August anymore. In general, if someone does not live up to expectations when it comes to a job at a time, he is expected to lose the job. In his case, there was no concrete explanation as to how he should have done his work at social and cultural fields.
He was and still is very upset because he was not offered the guidance of which he had so much needed at that time. He feels that he has represented Romania and his family with the best intentions.
Principele Nicolae_ „Nu pot fi tras la răspundere pe baza unor zvonuri şi nici nu mă pot îndrepta dacă nu ştiu unde greşesc” _ Interviul lui Ion Cristoiu cu Principele Nicolae
Translation

Last edited:
Why he was not let to see his own grandfather?

I understood that when Nicholas visited his grandfather for his 90th birthday, he had not seen him for more than a year. After an animated chit-chat with his grandfather the events of August 2015 were only very briefly and vaguely discussed. It seems that the relationship between his mother (Princess Elena) and the rest of the royal family very cold is.

The journalist asked Nicholas what the document by the King meant (the Decree that revoked his title and took away his place in the michaelist line of succession). Nicholas seems not to know why his title was revoked and why he lost his place in the line of succession: "When that decision was based on something concrete, then I do respect the King, both as Prince of Romania and as grandson, however I was surprised by the writing of that document. I bear it with dignity and I leave it to the Romanians to draw their conclusions about me and my activities during the three years as Prince."

The journalist also mentioned the phrase in which the King hoped his grandson Nicholas live up "to serve the ideals and use the qualities with which God endowed him". The journalist asked if this must be understood as a disapproval by the King about the way Nicholas used his qualities to serve his ideals?

Also here Nicholas claims to have no idea, He claims to have heard many rumors about his behavior. He stated: "rumors accompanied by concrete facts'. He claims that decisions were based on rumors and he can not correct it until he has any idea about his assumed wrongdoings. "However, I have always tried to live to the title and the responsibilities that came with it and I constantly wanted to initiate and promote actions which were beneficial for Romania and especially for my generation."

---

The Romanian royal family is a champion in byzantine intrigues, so to read.

Last edited:
He sounds far more dignified and pragmatic than the so-called King and CrownPrincess who have completely lost touch with reality.. Sad

He sounds far more dignified and pragmatic than the so-called King and CrownPrincess who have completely lost touch with reality.. Sad

Would you care to explain how neither the King nor the Crown Princess ar epragmatic and all the aspects of reality they have completely lost touch with, supporting your explanation with evidence in the form of quotations or documented actions?

Thank you MarleneKoenig for this link and Benjamin you post it!

How do we expect to know what happened and Nicholas lost his title when he says he does not know nor himself? Is is this possible? They got such a hard decision without explaining the reason tohim? Relations remain cold with the family are reasonable! Just wish Nicholas be a chapter not yet closed for the monarchy! although I do not know how to do it!

Thank you MarleneKoenig!

Nicholas first of all respect his grandfather and shows that!
But saying for his relatives " Before August, there would good communication between myself and the immediate family , but then, they built a wall between me and them" and also about to have a family "There was pressure from the family about who would be choosen" i wonder who means?

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting. You managed to blame two people whom have said nothing, absolutely nothing about Mr Medforth Mills at all.

Thank you MarleneKoenig!

Nicholas first of all respect his grandfather and shows that!
But saying for his relatives " Before August, there would good communication between myself and the immediate family , but then, they built a wall between me and them" and also about to have a family "There was pressure from the family about who would be choosen" i wonder who means?

Ultimately it is the King, and the King alone, whom approved the revoke of Nicholas' titulature and to withdraw him from his self-invented line of succession. We may assume he did this in consultation with the so-called "Custodian of the Crown" (Princess Margareta) and the Crown Council.

Note that we only hear one side of the story: the side that claims not having any clue why this drastic step was taken. A hard to believe claim. I assume no one would have approved these measures when there was no any reason to do so.

Last edited:
Ultimately it is the King, and the King alone, whom approved the revoke of Nicholas' titulature and to withdraw him from his self-invented line of succession. We may assume he did this in consultation with the so-called "Custodian of the Crown" (Princess Margareta) and the Crown Council.

Note that we only hear one side of the story: the side that claims not having any clue why this drastic step was taken. A hard to believe claim. I assume no one would have approved these measures when there was no any reason to do so.

The one question he evaded was about the Romanian woman.

The one question he evaded was about the Romanian woman.

He also changed the subject when asked if he would be willing to be King if the Romanians wanted it.

He said that just because you read something in the media does not mean it is true, and that he would not comment on his personal life. But that was a direct response to being asked about the woman so it could mean he was emphasizing that rumour as not true. But he did evade all the rumours. Obviously the rumours aren't all true since they contradict each other. He also said he was not given a reason when he was striped of his titles and job; and there had been no discussion beforehand either, it just came out of the blue. He says he still has no idea why it happened, so maybe he has not done any of it.

He said that since then there was been a wall between him and some family members; and that he has been prevented from seeing his grandparents. His mother and aunt Sophie have recently gone to Switzerland, and before them Maria and Margarita but not Irina. So does being taken out of succession mean you can't visit King Michael and Queen Anne anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom