Nicholas Medforth-Mills (formerly His Royal Highness Prince Nicholas of Romania)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael changed his family name from "Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen" to "of Romania" in 2011 in an attempt to distance his family from his German relatives (who, under Salic law have a stronger claim to his throne than his children and grandchildren do).

The only people affected by this change would be Michael and his wife, as his daughters have all married and he has no sons (although presumably his daughters' maiden names would be of Romania).

All the 5 daughters have the Surname "of Romania".

It will be interesting to see how the book will sell, if it is going to become popular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth-Mills will present the new book about his life next Wednesday, the 14th of may, in Pitesti at the County Library "Dinicu Golescu" at 6 PM.

Photos from the last visits in different cities of Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth-Mills:

Principele Nicolae a vizitat județele Sibiu, Alba și Cluj | Familia Regală a României / Royal Family of Romania

I have to admit, Cory that you call HRH Prince Nicolae, by his birth name, rather than the title the king gave him, yet, you choose to call Prince Radu, by his title and not as Mr. Duda which is according to your view (from how you refer to Nicolae), should be correct?

You recognize the king making Prince Radu a member of the house and his title, but not the kings grandson, who is also made a prince by HM and a member of the royal house.

Why?

With the exception of the titles of the royal couple and of the 5 Princesses (HM the King's daughters) all the other titles are not possible according to the Constitution of 1923. In the moment of the restoration of Monarchy if the Parliament accepts the Line of Succession proposed by HM the King in 2007 Princess Margareta's husband and nephew will be officially recognized as Princes in a constitutional way.

Indeed, Cory. However, as recently as 10 April, you were referring to Nicholas as HRH Prince Nicolae. Posters here who value your contributions, especially regarding the Romanian Royal Family, were perhaps curious as to why you changed the way that you refer to the King's grandson.

The Royal Family speaks about HM the King's grandson using the title given by the King. I suppose it would be more correct to wait for a decision of the Parliament regarding the Succession and in that moment everything will be clear.

The Royal Family speaks about HM the King's grandson using the title given by the King. I suppose it would be more correct to wait for a decision of the Parliament regarding the Succession and in that moment everything will be clear.

Agreed with Benjamin.

But, it is pretty we'll known that the 1923 constitution is extinct three constitutions later! So, in the event that the monarchy is in fact reinstated, I find it hard to believe that women would remain out of the line of succession. For goodness sakes, people tend to forget that this sis the 21st century.

I do not see Romania kissing the crown princess goodbye for a German prince when that constitution is no longer!

Just my two cents.

I do not know what the Parliament decides when the Monarchy is restored but even HM the King recognized in his document of 2007 that the Parliament has to decide in the problem of the Succession.
The young Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth-Mills becomes more and more popular and that's a very good sign.
Regarding the Constitution of 1923 it has never been legally abolished.

I do not see Romania kissing the crown princess goodbye for a German prince when that constitution is no longer!
I quite agree; first of all because that German Prince (Karl Friedrich of Hohenzollern) has already stated - and quite clearly IMHO - that he isn't interested at all in the Romanian Throne; and secondly because if it's true that Crown Princess Margarita is so much loved and respected by the Romanian people, as you can learn from many of Cory's posts, I find hard to believe that Romanian will kick her out in favour of an unknown German distant relative of her just because he is a man and she is a woman.

I do not know if thr Romanians accept easily a Queen as Head of State but surely Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth-Mills is very well received everywhere.

I do not know if thr Romanians accept easily a Queen as Head of State but surely Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth-Mills is very well received everywhere.

Sounds like HRH is getting more and more popular?

Cory, do you live in Romania? I noticed that you are very well versed in the royal family.

Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth Mills is better known by the people now even if he still has to emprove his Romanian.
I do not live in Romania.

Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth Mills is better known by the people now even if he still has to emprove his Romanian.

I do not live in Romania.

His Romanian doesn't seem that bad -he has gotten quite good at it for the short time he has been learning the language.

He does have a very thick accent! It will smooth put over time.

For the moment he prefers not no give long interviews in Romanian.

Nicholas De Roumanie Medforth Mills will be in Constanta on the 21st of May to present the new book about his life. The event will take place at 6 pm at the National History and Archeology Museum Constanta.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the moment he prefers not no give long interviews in Romanian.

It's a little hard to do when he is still learning the language. They will come in time as he learns the language and that is what is important. At least he is giving interviews in Romanian.

He is as Romanian as the young Hereditary Prince Alexander of Hohenzollern.

He is as Romanian as the young Hereditary Prince Alexander of Hohenzollern.

I have to disagree with that... Nicolae is the son, of a daughter to the king of Romania! Young Alexander is not!

I'd also add that Prince Nicolae lives in Romania, has a role in the Romanian Royal Family, is preparing for having a future role in Romania (maybe an official role, maybe not, maybe as King, maybe just as Head of the Royal Family), is showing interest in his Country.
On the contrary Alexander of Hohenzollern doesn't seem to have any interest in Romania, just like his father, and certainly doesn't have any place and role in Romania.

I'd also add that Prince Nicolae lives in Romania, has a role in the Romanian Royal Family, is preparing for having a future role in Romania (maybe an official role, maybe not, maybe as King, maybe just as Head of the Royal Family), is showing interest in his Country.
On the contrary Alexander of Hohenzollern doesn't seem to have any interest in Romania, just like his father, and certainly doesn't have any place and role in Romania.
Prince Nicholas is also descended from three of the four king somethinG. Prince Alexander is not.

They have both quite little Romanian blood. the difference is that HSH Prince Alexander was born as a Prince and does not a decision of the Parliament to be recognized as such.

They have both quite little Romanian blood. the difference is that HSH Prince Alexander was born as a Prince and does not a decision of the Parliament to be recognized as such.
Well, one can argue that even Mr. Alexander Prinz von Hohenzollern isn't legally a Prince, just like Nicolae, and also that he also would need a decision of a Parliament in order to legally be recognized as a Serene Highness and as a Prince, just like Nicolae.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom